Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One parent family benefits

• 02-10-2023 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm on one parent family benefits and I have been for almost two years.

My baby's father is going to move into my house.

I need to inform social welfare, I know my payments will be stopped. My baby's Dad doesn't want me to inform them but I obviously can't do this. Will they ask for any details from him? I don't want to apply for any more benefits now we have enough income.

I know it's crazy but I plan to tell him they were stopped for another reason out of my control because I don't want an argument.

Is it possible to ring and tell them he's moved back in and that will be the end of it?

Post edited by violet elk on

Answers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Moved to State Benefits from the Help Desk.

-Shield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Write to your local SW office. Put your name address PPSN and tomorrows date at the top of the page.

Write :

to whom it may concern:

Please accept this as notice that I no longer wish to be considered as parenting alone. Please cancel my application for OPFP.

There are no other applications I wish to apply for at this point.

Thank you

And sign it.

Hand deliver it. Make sure you hand it over the counter to a member of staff.

You won’t hear any more from them.

Incidentally, if the man who’s moving in with you is vigorously encouraging you to commit fraud, I’d see that as a red flag.

Advertisement