Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite splitter/Combiner

Options
  • 03-10-2023 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭

Current setup

I have 2 cables coming from a wideband LNB on my sky dish to my Sky Q box

What I want to do

Operate a sky box and a freesat recordable box from a quad-lnb on the same satellite using the 2 existing cables. Plan is to re-route one of the cables inside the house to the freesat box.

In a past rental home the below product, or something very like it, was able to split 2 satellite signals that were being carried on one cable for use on a sky+ box

My question

Can I buy 4 of these products, two for the satellite dish end which will each combine two signals into a cable resulting in 4 signals across two cables. One of these cables is for the sky q and the other for the freesat box. The freesat and sky q will have the other 2 splitters which will split the 2 signals on one cable to two separate cables?

Comments

Advertisement