Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 reg Skoda Octavia, but pre face lift body

• 03-10-2023 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hi

The mark 2 Octavia had a face lift in 2009 but on the way to work this morning I spotted 2 different 10 reg Octavia's but they were the pre face lift version. I took the reg of one and its listed as an Octavia with the 1.9 TDI 100 hp but I thought the 1.9 TDI was 105HP?

Just curious has anyone come across this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jucko

they continued to sell the old one for a year or so. a friend of mine has a 10 one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭User1998

They sold the old Octavia at the same time as the new Octavia for a year or so.

The 1.9 TDI came in many forms, my 07 Passat had 105bhp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They sold the Mk1 Octavia along side the Mk2 for a few years as the Mk1 Octavia was popular as a taxi across Europe and cheaper to produce. The Mk2 got a facelift in 2010 but there were still old stock of pre facelift models sold after the facelift model appeared. The facelift model also dropped the 1.9 TDi engine in favour of the newer 1.6 TDI engine but some people preferred the old school 1.9 TDi of the pre facelift model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shane b

Thanks for all the replies, that makes sense.

The reason i asked is I have a 09 Octavia with the 1.9 engine but its the face lift model so i just assumed any 2010,s would have been the face lift model too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This is how I think it works:

Mk1 - from 1996

Mk1 facelift - 1998 to 2010

Mk2 - from 2004

Mk2 facelift - 2009 - 2013

Mk3 - from 2013

Mk3 facelift - 2017 - 2020

Mk4 - from 2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The facelift on the mk1 was in 2000, most notably for Ireland we got the 1.4 engine with the facelift.

Advertisement