Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox Advice

Options
  • 03-10-2023 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi lads

the missus came back and caught a fox in the middle of the day with three chickens dead, he then decided to come back half an hour to try and get the rest!!! at 3pm aswell. We have had chickens for 10 years never any problems until now, I never shoot foxes but i think this fella will need one. Any advice ? i know roughly where in the past a farmer has trapped foxes and i'd say that's there den area it's a very jungly area with vine perfect area (it's about 700m away from our house) I was planning on shooting some rabbits and leaving it on a field adjacent to said den area and waiting around dusk but unsure if that would work, or would bait behind the house in the field. any advice lads?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭JP22

Foxy got three chicken take outs for free, now Foxy knows how to get in plus also knows there’s more chicken for the taking so Foxy will be back for more free take-always.

Fix/repair the fence and all you have to do is wait for Foxy to return.

Bang and Foxy is paying for its next take-away.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

Probably this year's young so will be back again.I find trail cameras are great for getting a time and place Foxes like to turn up.They really are creatures of habit and will turn up to a place near enough same time if food available.

If you can get a loan of 1 stick it around pen and turn a sod and put meat scraps or a tin of cat food under it and within a few days you will have their routine mapped and you can then sort the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Only real solution.

Is put your chickens in a secure pen.

Otherwise you will never be done.

No trail cam?

use a cheap clock, tie string around battery and then on to a chicken bone.

As the bone is taken, the battery pops out revealing the time of meal...

get a pattern of this and set up a bait box and wait in advance.

Hopefully you will do this using a humane cartridge.

Advertisement