Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stubhub decent or disaster?

Options
  • 03-10-2023 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi all, want to go to a gig next week in UK. Ticketmaster sold out, no tickets on resale through them as yet.

has anyone successfully used Stubhub? If they are mobile tickets, how do I know they haven’t been sold to 10 other people and then it’s hit or miss who scans the tickets in first at the venue if you get me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Basically you don’t.

woukd advise just checking ticketmaster constantly over next week. Some will naturally show up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I've used Stubhub back in 2018 to see John Mayer in Holland and most recently ticketswap to see Muse in Holland.

Both were fine, out of the two where you seem to have most comeback if things turn sour is ticketswap.

I believe DICE is reputable in UK for resales. But yes if ticketswap is available I'd go for it.

Problem is, travelling all the way to the UK and then the ticket doesn't work. Yeah you'll get a refund but you'll be out your travel expenses.

I'm pretty sure ticketswap has a trusted seller part of the app. I.e. people who have sold before.

All of the buying/selling has to be verified with passports and you get the ticket straight away once purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

try twickets website, you might get lucky on there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The seller doesn't get paid by Stubhub until after the event to make sure the buyer has got on ok.

Advertisement