Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit return scheme (recycling)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,651 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Again that's Supervalu, who appear to be a complete fcuk-up basically.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

I'll ask the simple question. Wtf is wrong with our recycling bin that we pay for. You know to recycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭BoardsBottler

i don't really have to answer up for (or prove) anything, but for the record i have disclosed it a number of times in these recycling threads, along with my job/profession and other things related to this. There's even a post here that explained the purpose of my username in great detail.

its just that i care not to keep repeating myself to anyone that chooses not to keep up with the threads, as i already have twice since then. i could give the recent posters (who weren't around to see it before) the benefit of the doubt, but i can't risk getting any more warnings on what looks like easy bait. Not saying they are trying to bait me, but i am noting there are others waiting to pounce and report me for anything possible. Some of these reports have gotten reversed, but thats not the point.

Anyone who wants to talk about anything personal and have a genuine discussion is always free to private message me.

As for these forums, i'd rather only stick to discussing the matters at hand (recycling deposit scheme itself) and replying to comments relating to it that do not involve me. While also sharing the occasional picture, and not being forced into a position of having to prove myself, or given some sort of unfair treatment, or being called a robber/thief by mods, or anyone.

Maybe perhaps out of interest for the people curious in this thread, maybe some one of them can make a seperate thread elsewhere about it and discuss it there? would be fun and games, like a mystery thread where speculation is welcome and funny wacky conclusions or conspiracies or even serious conclusions and ideas all being welcome. like a cluedo or who-done-it sort of thing. How did boardsbottler get ____ amount of ___ ? What is the story behind it all? Who can solve this mystery? who shot jr? who killed captain alex? very mysterious circumstances.

They just want the quick easy money cash grab recyclables and to up their recycling stats at your expense.

now you're catching on, could be getting warmer! if someone made the thread idea mentioned in my previous comment. I'd probably back you for one of the people here being a potential winner

edit: also the video reply you gave the mod was hilarious

and also Magnolia Fast Image's guess was funny too. wild but fun speculation to read. i'd love to see a whole thread dedicated to guessing/solving the mystery.

They just want the quick easy money cash grab recyclables and to up their recycling stats at your expense.

• Advertisement

There awoke so long. They fell asleep? Money baby 1 n only reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

A large number of people just aren't bothered using it.

Deleted

Post edited by Mr. teddywinkles on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,373 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It is After Hours... the mystery of where the boards bottler gets his bottles may end up in the black hole along with whatever was in the woodshed and ate that poor boardsie before they could get a picture for us :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,001 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

That's an old recycling logo, we have a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Is there a android app for checking barcodes that qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

This way another party gets a slice of the action and we dress it up as caring for the environment.

Thankfully that did'nt happen as i don't operate out of a shed, anyhow i'm off to work now. My big spooky anonymous job, but i will keep an eye out for black holes and any depositable bottles/tin cans along the way, because after all i am the boards bottler and the master of the bottles.

Who knows i may have some updates today, or something nice for the thread that is deposit return related, or perhaps nothing at all. it really depends on the timing of something, and also seeing if someone else comesthrough on something. thats all i can say for now. no promises though

Anyway after work i go, till later, goodbye everyone for now <3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,900 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I used this for the first time this week. It's a pain storing intact cans and bottles and then feeding them in one at a time.

I always recycled so this is just a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,373 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Cans especially I find awkward. Bottles with caps bit firmer and less messy.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,900 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

All the cans falling over like dominoes if you barely touch off one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

My weekly crate of guinness has now gone up by 2.50.

I'll say again, I judge political parties by their level of self awareness. Artificially increasing the price of something, during a period of inflation, in the year of or the year before an election shows absolute zero self awareness. As it is a Green initiative, I expect the Greens to get absolutely decimated at the next election, and I strongly expect sleepy Eamon to lose his seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭3d4life

"As it is a Green initiative, I expect the Greens to get absolutely decimated at the next election, and I strongly expect sleepy Eamon to lose his seat."

Do you think many of them will stand for re-election ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Is there an expiry date on when the vouchers should be redeemed by?

I'd like to let them build up for a few months. Same as Club card vouchers that you can allow build up for 2 years and then have a nice discount accumulated.

(Rather than let the bottles/cans build up and return them all at once, I mean).

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Arrogance and "for the greater good", seem to be common traits in Green party members so yes, I expect them all to stand again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I asked Re-Turn this, and they confirmed there was no expiry date on the vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Don't know about all shops buy my local supervalu will only allow up €10 per transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,644 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Same here. It's an absolute pain in the rear end. I have always 100% recycled with a convenient bin at home. I now still pay for the bin but have to feed pristine cans and bottles into a machine miles from home and then present my voucher to a cashier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭CH3OH

This is what greeted customers in Tesco Arklow this morning.

3 machines - none operational

Wasting your time! should be the logo

A pain in the hole if you walked to the store with a bag of returns. As well as having to traipse through the store. And come out through the checkouts with your bag.

Aldi having them outside the store is a bit more convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Me too. I'm always really meticulous with my green bin at home.

To thine own self be true

All this program does is irritate and inconvenience people who were already recycling. The people who didn't give a sh1te before, won't give a sh1te now.

It makes as much sense as the government saying they are behind amateur sports by fixing a stadium in Belfast. Oh wait, they've done that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Was up shopping in Supervalu in Mount Merrion early morning to see if they had a machine and yes they have one outside the store near where the main trolleys are.

No one using it yet but i am still buying old stock and no deposit paid.

I have only got 2 cans and 1 plastic bottle and now i know its there for use.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,487 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Something something 'cleaner environment'...

Even though we already recycle, and now we have to make a car journey to deposit these pristine washed cans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭geographica

And even less people will be bothered with these machines

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement