Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch series 7 or 8?

• 04-10-2023 10:56am

Looking to grab one of either but not sure if it’s worth getting the 8 or saving the few quid and going with 7?

any suggestions appreciated 😎

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's worth going with the 8 if you can afford it purely for battery.

The battery drop off on the watches is worse than the phones, every time a new watchOS comes out it makes a big difference to the battery life of older models.

that’s useful to know 😎

I’m mainly after the watch for convenience in work (checking time etc) but also the health stuff which in fairness the 8 does have more of.. the series 9 is way out of budget or I’d prob just grab that 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I was wondering the same thing earlier this year when I was looking at upgrading my SE 1 and I went for the Series 7 in the end.

From what I remember the only differences were temperature sensor (for ovulation) and crash detection. So unless the price difference at the moment is tiny or them two features are beneficial to you I’d save the few bob and get the 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wouldn't agree about the battery at all. I use a series 4 and get over a day out of the battery easily.

If i was buying though I'd always get the one you can afford as it future proofs you against future updates and gives you access to latest features.

Post edited by murpho999 on

Advertisement