Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D1 to C3 with attic insulation and pumped cavity walls?

• 04-10-2023 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

We plan to sell and our house was rated a D1 last year. The figure shown was 235kWh. It's 1980s. I had the receipt from the company that pumped the cavity walls but that didn't show how much was put it, just the total paid so the assessor didn't allow it as done. Fair enough. It shows the walls as Poor on the advisory report. But I was wondering if I got the receipt issued again showing more detail would that be enough to push the rating to a C3? I'd also increase the attic insulation from the 150 mm that was standard when it was done to 300 mm. Bulbs, lagging jacket are fine. I have a wooden front door that I don't want to change and double glazed windows that don't show the u-value on the 2008 invoice so the default rating was put down. The window company 'don't have a record' of the u-value from then. It's a mixture of wooden suspended floors and concrete ones.

The estate agent thinks any form of C rating would look better on the listing and it's worth trying to improve it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jp okeeffe

Hello , my 1980s 3 bed bungalow with double glazed windows and an oil boiler, solid fuel range and open fire was listed as D2. I got the cavity walls pumped and increased the attic insulation from 100mm to 300mm. A new composite front door installed also. As part of the SEAI grant i had to do another BER. this brought the house up to a C2 rating

Advertisement