Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying government bond on Degiro, why does it ask me for the Par value?

Options
  • 04-10-2023 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I want to buy government bonds on degiro. I have a question about this.

If I pick a bond lets say a 0% coupon bond, particularly the one discussed in the thread (https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/120947359#Comment_120947359) I find the bond on degiro. There are a number of different ways to purchase the bond. (limit, market, stop limit, stop loss, trailing stop)

Edit: the ISIN is: IE00BMQ5JL65

If I pick 'Market' option to buy, it asks me to enter the par value. Why do I have to enter this value? this value is 100e, but why is this relevent to me buying it now. Since the par value is the value that will be paid out at maturity. Also many of the other purchasing ways (limit, stop loss etc) ask me to enter the par value too.

Thank you,

Advertisement