Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a built-in double-oven?

Options
  • 05-10-2023 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭

After 7 years or so our Hoover double-oven seems to have bitten the dust. Wondering if anyone can recommend a sub-€1000 double oven (and a vendor who provide fitting if possible!).

Main criteria would be a solid, reliable product. I don't want to be buying another one in another 7 years. I'd rather spend towards the top of my budget for something that will definitely last rather than go for a cheaper model that won't. Don't need a million different program settings etc. but would like self-cleaning of some sort (Pyrolytic is probably way over budget but Catalytic should be do-able?), features like meat probes sound great but doubt I'd realistically use it all that much whereas I would like something capable of going higher than 230 degrees as I like to do homemade pizza

I was leaning towards Bosch ovens but I'm reading that the different "series" in their range are indicative of very different quality levels (e.g. Turkish rather than German built etc). Any brands I should go for or steer well clear of? I reckon half of them are re-badged Chinesium at this stage....

Advertisement