Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact Garmin support?

Options
  • 06-10-2023 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a prob with my Edge 830, barometer fceked, wrong elevation and grades as well as a super sensitive screen changing data fields in the rain! Emailed them last week but no reply ??

I know some on here have had units replaced …

what’s the best way to contact Garmin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Use the live chat feature. I hate them myself, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

In my case I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome. Had a fenix 6x that got stuck in a boot loop and got a brand new fenix 7x solar as a replacement, couldn't be happier with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

They have replaced numerous devices for me through the years via the chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

The customer service at Garmin is second to none. Any issues I've had over the years they barely even query it just lodge a ticket and send it on to JDM. Replacement arrives a short while later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭devonp

JDM ?

tried the chat ...guy agreed with elevation problems...sent me a link for Garmin Exchange tool...Ireland not listed (just UK and other big countries)...looks like i will have to phone the Europe phone help line..??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Go back on chat, they have an Irish handler. Had that once where they had to correct the return link as theyd sent me a UK one in error. I have also contacted them once via email, dont think that ever got a response but hae found chat great.

JDM is the Irish handler, they're based in Bray. Get onto Garmin EU not UK. I've never spoken to them all through email to customer support

https://www.jdmproducts.com/

All JDM do is collect up a bunch of Garmin stuff for return, bundle them up and send them off to Garmin once a week. Garmin support will send you a UPS label to return it to the place in Bray, or if you live close by like me, you can even drop it off yourself.

Where did I say other wise? I dropped my own off there as like yourself I live nearby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

My experience with gamin customer care has been nothing less than excellent when needed. From heart rate monitors to headunits to watches. Any issue taken car of... But then thru chat or as suggested above call the center in Bray

Contacted the EU support by phone y'day, very efficient (so far)

have been sent a UPS label to send unit back to Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

I've just finished about 3 weeks of back and forth with Garmin Customer service.

The issue; when broadcasting HR data from my Epix 2 to my Edge 520+, it spend the whole ride finding and dropping the signal from the sensor.

Garmin's solution; wear a heart rate strap, which they said they'd send me free of charge.

Not particularly happy with this as a resolution

Ok so sent the 830 back and JDM received it last thurs week, have UPS receipt for this , no update on the order/return for my ticket etc any idea when i should get my replacement(refurbished) unit ? 2-3 wks total turn-around from sending ?

I dropped my watch off on 30th June and got an email from Garmin to confirm they had received it on July 12th. There was some kind of cock up with shipping the refurbished watch and after contacting them again they sent the new replacement on the 20th and it arrived on the 27th. They seem to ship from the Netherlands via UPS but it goes overland rather than by air which is why it takes so long.

So about 4 weeks in my case but there was a week delay when they were supposed to be sending the refurbished watch but couldn't for some reason, so if all goes well about 3 weeks depending on how soon JDM actually send it off.

Did you contact Garmin? I think 2-3 weeks was typically my experience.

ok so got my replacement (refub/recert) Edge 830 y'day from Garmin. Brought it for a spin to the SG this morning to test the elevation and Grade readings ...all good. fair old shower up of rain in the hills and the screen didn't change fields..yea!

some slightly diff software I think....the pain is to set up the activity fields again for each type of use ....seems there is an option to import into the newer 840 1040 etc models

Advertisement