Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP has been unable to use Healthlink for referrals on more than one occasion

• 06-10-2023 11:05am

I can’t paste the link to Healthlink.ie, the system used by my and many GPs when making electronic referrals, but I believe it is a system in common use and I see in their site it offers training & technical support.

This week is the second time my GP has been unable to use the system to send a private referral for quite a serious matter. He sent it by post and the private hospital tell me it hasn’t arrived, and that it really does need to be sent electronically if there is not to be a significant delay in getting me an appointment.

Previously he was unable to send a neurological referral to a public hospital and I ended up getting him to print out a referral letter which I sent myself by registered post. There had been a considerable delay in trying to get this referral done and he seemed a bit clueless as to what to do about it next. I heard from the hospital quite quickly after sending it by registered post and am attending the clinic.

Has anybody else found that their GP has had difficulty with Healthlink and been seemingly unable to resolve it? I’m trying to get an insight into how this might be affecting patients other than myself and presumably other patients attending my GP practice. Are there widespread unresolved bugs in the system and is it fit for purpose?

Advertisement