Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers + Suede - 2nd July 2024 - Trinity College

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

bout half way back it was. Just in the door, checking to see if i've any good photos but **** me, Brett is a medical miracle, about 2 songs in I thought "my knees!" at some of the moves he was pulling, he's got the voice, the looks, the hair all still in place, what has that fucker sold to get that bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Funny you say that , I said tonight he was like Dorian Gray !

Got one good one of him onstage . In any other I tried he had slid off stage and was in the crowd 🤣

Snarky Snark Snark

he's a slippery bugger once he's off the stage, i always try and go for b&w or noir camera profiles with phones at gigs, you might as I do have an "ok" lens but the camera sensor is diddy and they cannot handle the lights, much more dramatic effect too.

Wow that's very good . Love the light effects .

I have only my ordinary phone camera and always end up with flashing lights drowning my pics , so will try b&W next time thanks .

Looks like we were all within a close enough distance tonight ..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moaner

As a fan of both bands who can no longer deal with being at the front at a standing gig, I thought this was the worst crowd I’ve ever experienced in Dublin.

I moved around several times and was constantly surrounded by folk who refused to shut up talking. The furthest I ventured forward was about 1/4 way from the front. I’m not sure that people even realise they’re doing it - it just feels like normality these days. No matter where I moved to, it was the same.

It seemed to take the Manics a few songs to warm up (possibly not helped by the crowd) and it felt like a festival performance from them. An average Manics gig is still great but this was the flattest I have seen them in years. Personally, if I was the lads, I’d have hopped the wall, went for a few pints and come back at the end - most of the crowd wouldn’t have noticed. 

The Olympia is a much better venue for both of these bands. 

Brett did a great job in getting some engagement from the crowd - it worked well with them being on last and the band were excellent. 

I did notice some sound issues where I was for the first few songs (James’ guitar seemed to be buried in the mix) but it improved after that.

Trinity is a great venue location wise and has a nice chilled vibe but I assume that is exactly what’s attracting the event junkies. I’m not sure that I’ll ever attend another gig there after tonight.

I wish people would fcuk off to the pub if they want to spend two hours shouting at their mates non-stop.

Considering that this sold out very quickly and many real fans couldn’t get tickets, it doesn’t bode well for the live music scene here. 

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I was halfway back to the sound desk but dead center (favourite position), from your framing I'd have thought you were about 8 - 10 meters / 24 - 30 feet back at most, probably 3m offset from the red cable strip to the right.

"from your framing I'd have thought you were about 8 - 10 meters / 24 - 30 feet back at most, probably 3m offset from the red cable strip to the right."

Yes indeed more to right of centre ., you have me , lol .

Usually stay more to the back for dancing purposes but we got a few " chatters" around us as @moaner said , at last night's concert so decided to take the early advantage of being in with the" real fans" towards the front .

It was much better although restricted my moves a bit 😜

Advertisement