Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hamas strike on Israel - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,478 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Where does that say they were there as a soldier? Well? They attended the festival, they witnessed the attacks.

Yes in a rush to post I got the gender of the witness wrong. How exactly is that material? Or is it just another excuse you latch onto to avoid engaging with the evidence?

And you are obviously accusing them of lying. Because you do not accept their testimony.

Something which you denied only 2 posts back! So how is that telling the truth?

So you asked: "Can you show me where I said an eye witness lied about rape?"

Clearly, your own posts are proof of it.

Either you accept their evidence that rapes occurred or obviously you are accusing them of lying.

Which is it?

You have not condemned Hamas for the act of killing babies. Find me the post where you did so or you know, you could just do so instead of engaging in semantic games.

There is abundant evidence of Hamas executing babies.

There is abundant evidence of Hamas mutilating babies.

Stop pretending there isn't.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nonyabidness23

Disagreeing with the murder of children and Israeli revenge attacks doesnt make a person antisemitic, two things can be true at the same time a person can be 100% symapathic with Israel and the victims of the attack and completely condemn hamas and still be against Israel goin into gaza and indiscriminately killing.

Whats odd is people that want to pick sides in this Hamas or Israel, in the overall conflict between Israel and Palestine thats like a choice between hitler and stalin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

@SafeSurfer no evidence 40 babies were beheaded....

My Last post on this .

There is nobody going about 40 Babies on here other than you, page after page after page your going on about the same thing rapidly followed by denial after denial ....

Nobody else is doing this but you ,you done nothing but brought a lot of attention on yourself for some pretty disgusting reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,420 ✭✭✭facehugger99

'Search apartment blocks for terrorists' says the lad sitting in his comfy armchair, thousands of miles away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭boetstark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,076 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Nonsense.

I made this point before, but the idea that Israel is to blame for this latest round of violence is scutter.

There is a narrative floating around that if Israel were a bit nicer to Hamas they could have peace.

Tell us all, why did the Nazis try and exterminate all the Jews in Europe? Were the Jews a bit mean to them? Surely they are to blame for their own fate?

Sure have a chat with Hamas and see what they think about civilians

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

+1 million innocent people told to leave within 24 hours.

looks like the Israeli fascist state is looking for its own final solution.

the irony, the tragedy. makes any decent person want to weep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Those who carried out the atrocities are all dead. The planners will be killed in the next few months and however long it takes after that. Chief among them will be Dief. He has survived seven attempts on his life so far. I don't think he will survive an eighth. Any right minded person won't shed a tear over his death. The new departure will be if Israel goes after the al qassam and Hamas leadership in exile. Will the Billionaire Mashal be targeted ?some pro Israeli posters will deny it but the Israeli right and Hamas have two things in common : they don't give a crap about Palestinians civilians and neither of them wants peace with the other. So even if Israel reach their objective of purging Hamas from Israel and a more moderate government forms in Gaza nothing will change with Likud and the far right in power in Israel. The West Bank is proof of it. To the pro Israelis on here that's still not Israel's fault, because for them they can do no wrong in their eyes.

• Advertisement

Hamas started this conflict and, rather than unconditionally surrender, they've decided to continue it - fully aware of the consequences.

They launched a further 150 rockets overnight at Ashkelon.

Israel has no choice but to eliminate the threat from Hamas once and for all. During WWII, upwards of 500,000 German civilians died. It's an ugly but unavoidable feature of war that civilians will die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A number of newspapers in the UK have seen pictures of the baby victims of Hamas. They are refusing to publish the pictures because they are too distressing, so people like you who want to pore over those pictures to find a gotcha moment that Israel is not telling the truth will be disappointed not to get your thrill.

The stories are harrowing.

"A rescue team who visited the kibbutz, where the smell of rotting bodies still hangs in the air, told how they saw a pregnant lady lying on the floor of the first house they walked into. When they turned her over, they saw that her unborn baby had been sliced from her womb. 

'We saw a pregnant lady lying on the floor, and then we turn her around and see that the stomach is cut open, wide open,' Yossi Landau, an aid worker at the NGO Zaka, told i24News, his voice cracking with emotion. 

'The unborn baby, still connected with umbilical cord, was stabbed with a knife. And the mother was shot in the head. And you use your imagination, trying to figure out what came first.'"

There are posters like you on this thread, denying the reality of the genocidal campaign of Hamas, just like there were people who denied the reality of the genocidal actions of the Nazis. A proportionate response to this genocide is needed, just like in World War 2.

Of course, you will come back and say, but, but, but, where are the pictures of the beheaded babies. Take a long hard look at yourself.

And i suppose you're in the thick of it you are?

You're the lad trying to act tough on boards give your head a wobble.

"What's the point of that"

Everything. I addressed why I thought what you were raising wasn't very important in the big scheme of things and you ignored that to persist with explaining the nuts and bolts of your argument. Honestly, I think we are done here lest we bring the wrath of the mods down upon our heads. Have a nice day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Why would Israel want a more moderate government in Gaza or specifically the far right Politian's there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,382 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

To be fair, there were a lot of posts about it when it was first presented as truth. It was useful fodder for some and immediately latched onto in their confirmation bias that Palestinians are sub-human. So it was very important then. But then when it looked like there was no reliable source for the story, it switched to criticizing people asking about the source. Then when no confirmation was forthcoming still, people switched to saying it didn't matter.

If it mattered enough to you for it to be significant when you thought it was true, it should matter enough for you for it to be highlighted that there isn't actually a reliable source for it at all. That is all (I understand) SafeSurfer to be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

You are just being ridiculous now. I gave you the evidence that you claimed didn’t exist for the witness being an Israeli soldier and you now argue yes, but he wasn’t an Israeli soldier at that specific moment in time?

I never claimed the witness lied. I am saying that an enemy soldier is not an independent witness in the crimes of their enemies. Would you believe unquestionly everything a Hamas fighter alleged? Of course not.

If the evidence is so abundant why is it not available?

Did Hamas behead 40 babies as has been widely reported? Yes or no?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

How many more reports and witness accounts do you lot need and still enjoying denying it ...

What's the actual mentality behind it

And stopping the supply of food water and medicine ? bombing the Egypt boarder as they try to flee?

On paper they are trying to "avoid" civilian casualties in reality we all know they could'nt give a ****.

They wont exterminate Hamas either in the end it will just be a whole lot of dead civilians in Gaza justified by the attack committed against Israel.

And business as usual for Hamas.

• Advertisement

the IDF propaganda machine is imaginative, cunning and highly resourced. do not underestimate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Look everyone skirts around this, but Hamas put the people there - or the other way round, they put themselves where the people are. It’s no accident that children/women/hostages just happen to be where the Israelis bomb. It’s part of the propaganda war the Palestinians engage in.

Also those hostages are better off dead, like we heard from that father who was relieved that his 8 year old was dead, and not captured.

What is "you lot"?

People who aren't Israeli sycophants? Like Bernie Saunders - he was pretty clear in speaking up against wrong? Perhaps you think he is high up in in Hamas?

It is actually incredible to see. All the mainstream media are reporting that they have seen the pictures of the actions of Hamas, yet there are posters on here denying it.

you're right. extremists like Hamas suit the Israelis. the impending ethnic cleansing/land grab is exactly what right wing fascists like Benji want. they dont give a fig about the Palestinians, the hostages or the rest of us that could well eventually get caught up in this. so long as the get to expand their fascist state ...

I can see why people would find it hard to believe that, its an act of unimaginable brutality. Hamas are genuinely evil scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

The last week has shown there are a hell of a lot of sick posters on this site unfortunately.

Amnesty International’s new investigation shows that Israel imposes a system of oppression and domination against Palestinians across all areas under its control: in Israel and the OPT, and against Palestinian refugees, in order to benefit Jewish Israelis. This amounts to apartheid as prohibited in international law.

TBF it is not my opinion, it is and has been active policy. It's not a secret.

Look at the source in Blanch’s link i24 News, who “broke” the original 40 beheadings story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭howiya

We were talking about the military response. I don't really care what Hamas think. They are a terrorist organisation.

Israel have options to minimise civilian casualties. They have chosen not to for the reasons you alluded to earlier.

• Advertisement

I'm off. Enough if this thread for me for a (good) while. It's too depressing.

My last point on the matter for now would be to request that the thread title be updated to reflect the reality of the current situation. It will be more about Israel's revenge from here on out.

I haven’t seen any media claiming to have seen what was originally reported and what was questioned. Have you? Be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

If their homes are on top of a vast network of tunnels, containing criminal murderers, then yes. If those murderers are also their sons, brothers that they are helping to conceal, then doubly yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Israel dont want or will never allow a Palestinian State - Israel wants to kill all Palestinians eventually.

They have a free hand to kill as many Palestinians as they want at the minute from nieve West Nations but many other Arab Nations are not happy with Israel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭howiya

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GeminiLad

The events of this week have been trying at best. My heart and soul hurt, I'm angry on a level I've never experienced before and cannot help but think of the helpless hostages held by Hamas and what horrors they are experiencing.

However, at the same time Gaza is being flattened. At the start of this, there was a blood lust from me but removing myself from my emotions and looking at the bigger picture, we have to consider the children and innocent civilians caught up in a horrific crossfire within Gaza. This will only get worse.

If I know anything about Israel, they will not stop, not until Hamas is eradicated. In their minds (rightly so) they cannot allow their people to live a few miles from an organisation on par, if not worse than ISIS. Israel just cannot allow them to exist any longer.

Hamas use their own people as shields. This is a terrorist tactic to garner public support for their cause because children are dying. It has worked well for them. Horrifically, it will only get worse!

The Arab league and Fatah need to eradicate Hamas from within. This is the only way to avoid innocent bloodshed.

The hundreds of millions EU, Qatar and U.N provide to Gaza has mostly been used to purchase munitions to target Israel and its people. This is our tax money being used to kill so we should all have an opinion on that.

My opinion is regardless of what has happened in the Middle East, what occurred last weekend is unprecedented in savagery and moral. It was the stuff of medieval savages.

Nobody can defend the indefensible.

Once Hamas are removed the focus can shift on a 2 state solution and a free Palestine. First and foremost, the cancer within has to be cut out.

Unfortunately, the tumour within the Middle East is and has always been Iran. Hamas and Hezbollah do nothing without the approval of the Iranian regime.

But Iran must be left for another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Israel are preparing to attack Hamas from the ground and don't want civilians getting caught in the crossfire. It's much more acceptable than not telling them to leave

Hamas on the other hand issued a stay at home order, which if followed would result in much more bloodshed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭chewed

• Advertisement

Once Hamas are removed the focus can shift on a 2 state solution and a free Palestine

That is beyond naïve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

I believe that is a new fake account with a slightly new narrative to make Israel look a bit nicer - they wont reply, just will pop in a few more thinly veiled messages about how the IDF are the "Good Guys"

Amnesty International’s new investigation shows that Israel imposes a system of oppression and domination against Palestinians across all areas under its control: in Israel and the OPT, and against Palestinian refugees, in order to benefit Jewish Israelis. This amounts to apartheid as prohibited in international law.

Hamas issued a stay at home order with an impending ground invasion of northern Gaza, yet some would rather still blame Israel.

It seems that no matter what Israel does, it will always be framed as the bad guy.

Any excess civilian deaths caused by this ground invasion is on the hands of Hamas.

As I predicted, after the verified reports and images of Hamas brutality, you are back asking where are the 40 beheaded babies, as if the babies who were knifed and burned aren't enough proof of the genocidal intent of Hamas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Well, can't the same be said for those who are championing the Israeli approach from the comfort of armchairs outside Gaza?

• Advertisement

Is the original story true as was reported?

No.

Hamas have issued a stay at home order? That is unspeakably cruel. Not just intent on the elimination of all Jews and the state of Israel, they are prepared to sacrifice civilians on their own side in order to slow down the Israelis rightly coming for them???

just imagine the scenario.

a Palestinian child has lost all his/her family in an IDF airstrike. the child was "lucky" he/she just had both his/her legs broken. the IDF have now given that poor child 48 hours to evacuate, or else.

what is that poor wretch to do?

the inhumanity of this is staggering in its' evil, wicked monstrosity.

Israel have been giving the two fingers to the UN and the civilised world for years now, anything the UN say will be of no interest to them in their quest for bloodthirsty revenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭weisses

ahumm

you posted 0n 11/10

President Joe Biden has confirmed that babies were beheaded by Hamas terrorists in Israel....

then

Didn't get today's update..

They do and did behead babies

12/10

You want pictures and videos???

There was children beheaded and rather than people on boards Condem this horrific act we get .

It didn't happen,it's made up

What proof are you looking for exactly

"i still have no proof babies were beheaded"

Photos or videos is that what you really want ?

Have you noticed nobody has disputed the number of deaths in Gaza why exactly is that ???

I doubt it will be your last post on this

• Advertisement
Advertisement