Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hamas strike on Israel - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭rogber

When Hamas does it it's a massacre, when Israel does it it's collateral damage.

The IDF at this stage is really not far from the Russian army in terms of brutality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Luna84

When Hamas does it it's a massacre

The mad thing is and people must have been living under a rock for the past number of decades this 7th attack was not a spur of the moment attack this was built up frustration by the Palestinians from getting bombed and family and friends dying at the hands of Israel, mass evictions from their homes and dealing with loyalist settlers from Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

No terrorist attacks even acknowledged.

It would be much easier to take what you say seriously if there was some recognition of the terrorist/rocket attacks but no, it’s all Israel’s fault.

If it had “security in full” Oct 7th would not have happened. Nor would there be any rocket attacks or stabblings or vehicle attacks etc. Unless of course Israel planned the attacks on itself as some here have suggested previously…

So you are justifying Hamas attacks.

Your definition of the word “resisting” is clearly different to mine. Hamas lovers and supporters are not the type to engage in constructive discussion so please don’t engage with me again thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭rogber

Of course but that does not justify in any way the vicious nature of the Hamas attack, including sadistic torture and sexual assault.

It was a horrendous crime, just like the IDF is guilty of horrendous crimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Irish media obsessed over Joe Biden's mental facilities while ignoring his support for Israel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,339 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Don't know how you can think that, when you are responding to a poster who was responding directly to a justification of the Oct 7th massacres. There's at least one other on the previous page too.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Luna84

And killing close to 30,000 civilians is ok in your eyes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,332 ✭✭✭suvigirl

So giving a reason why civilians are being killed in Gaza, isn't justifying it either then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think it is justifying it and that is the approach by most of the pro israeli posters here. They do well in never responding to posts about individual kids under the age of 6 being killed by the idf.

• Advertisement

So when the reply to "You are justifying the October 7th attack" is "Resisting a colonialist State, an aggressive capitalist entity is not crime" can you please explain to me how that is NOT justifying it?

I can't see any other way to read that particular reply to that particular post. Post 31099, in case you wish to check that I'm quoting correctly. Given your biased generalisation above.

Unless you also think that October 7th was not a crime?

Except it was. In any law on warfare, it clearly was.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

Killing even one civilian is not ok, but that is what happens in a war. And this is a war that Hamas started, knowing that Gazans would be killed as a result. In fact it's certainly what Hamas wanted.

It's also what Iran and Russia wanted. They must be delighted that it has all succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. Thanks in no small part to useful idiots shouting about "Genocide Joe" and blaming the Jews for being massacred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And remember, @Weepsie claimed earlier 'No one supports Hamas', despite the reality that many do, including here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

israel were aware that the october attack was going to take place.

instead of securing the border, they threw it open and let it happen.

the hamas rockets mostly fail because they are crap and because the iron dome sometimes helps.

israel's security is generally fine, they have full security, it's government, military, supporters and hasbara shills just want to play the victim instead of taking responsibility for their behaviour.

israel has lost.

lost the information war, lost plenty of soldiers, have killed many of the hostages, have been proven to be liers, have killed few hamas millitants and will not destroy hamas who wiill remain in charge of gaza.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭nachouser

The evening crew are are here, I see. Deflectors? Assemble!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Israel kils 10s of thousands of civilians and you blame Iran and Russia and people criticising Joe biden. Do you have anything to say about the two kids that died today in gaza killed by idf action? I guess they are inconveniently young collateral damage to you.

Hamas have massacred 1k Israeli what have Israel done to 30k Gazans,?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

hamas wouldn't exist if israel didn't create and fund them.

resistence wouldn't exist if israel stayed within it's actual borders as set out in 1948 and behaved like the western style democracy it claims to be.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Going on about a couple of thousand militants being terrorists..........while ignoring the much larger terrorist State beside them currently acting out their genocidal fantasies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Let's see, Biden called for a two state solution; he's upbraided Netanyahu saying he's gone too far and he's sanctioned some Jewish settler scumbags. He's also reminded Israel that those receiving US weapons must abide by international law. He clearly doesn't like or side with Netanyahu:

Like everyone in the administration and any Democrat with a pulse, he’s deeply suspicious of Benjamin Netanyahu, and privately has called the Israeli prime minister a “bad fuc​king guy,” according to people who’ve talked to the president.

An interesting piece revealing the Democrats seem to have had it with Netanyahu:

I wish Biden would ditch the typical US kneejerk response of backing Israel no matter what and do more to stop this slaughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Of course it's what Russia wants. When the West criticises them for the likes of Bucha or blowing up buildings of kids in Mariupol, they can just point to the hypocrisy of the same countries actively facilitating Israel to do worse.

Fun fact. In the various tribunals and trials after the second world war, one cast iron way to defeat a warcrime charge was to show that the allies did the same at some point! Because the rules were literally set up so that anything done by the allies was, by definition, not a warcrime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Am I following a different war?

There has been no withdrawal of weapons from America for Israel. This is the key issue. Biden supports giving them weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dmcdona

Hamas committed an atrocity on 7th October. In over 1000 posts, I think I've seen one post that supported it.

I have seen many posts debating the treatment of the Palestinians (not Hamas) by Israel as a reason for their general hostility to Israel in Gaza and the West Bank.

The Hamas atrocity of 7th October is abhorrent and there is no justification for it. Israel is justified in bringing those who perpetrated it to justice or, as is that case in war, "eliminating" them.

What Israel has done in the past 4 months has brought them in front of the ICJ which has laid down 4 provisional measures on genocide, 1 on the provision of humanitarian aid to Gaza and 1 requiring Israel to submit a report on actions taken by 26 Feb.

The Israeli Govt. has stated two goals - eliminate Hamas and release the hostages. Since the 5 day pause, no hostages have been released or rescued. At least one hostage has been killed by Israel bombings. 3 surrendering hostages were killed by the IDF. Hamas is nowhere near being eliminated.

So far, nearly 30,000 Gazans have been killed, over 7000 are missing and over 60,000 have been injured. Of those killed, 21,000 are women and children. 260 infants less than 12 months old have been killed.

No person with any sense of humanity can defend what Hamas did. Nor can they defend what Israel is doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

You didn't specify "here," but whatever. And the poster cheering on rpg use by Hamas against the IDF wasn't a supporter, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dmcdona

I think the US memorandum is the first step in giving the US the justification for halting/limiting the supply of weapons.

The US may support the giving of weapons but they now require "credible and reliable written assurances" must be provided to the US by foreign governments that receive American weapons to ensure they are used in accordance with international law. As part of this, foreign governments must also provide assurances that US humanitarian aid is being delivered to civilian populations caught in a conflict.

You are mixing truth and error there not to mention contradicting yourself.

At least you have finally acknowledged that Hamas fires rockets. Progress. Next do Hezbollah and then circle back and tell us again that Israel has “security in full”.

Hamas could end this tomorrow. They won’t.

I think, in general terms, this is a fair analysis actually.

I just wish Hamas hadn’t attacked on Oct 7th. It is important to remember that is what started this war.

Sure one poster a while back said he would join Hamas if he was there…

Again, fair and reasonable.

Aid needs to go in from Israel and from Egypt and possibly by sea under the watchful eye of Israel to ensure weapons aren’t smuggled in.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

@TelephoneTag threadbanned

Advertisement