Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hamas strike on Israel - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Collateral value is zero if Israel will not negotiate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

I was in Iran for quite a while, and in all the places that I have been to, I have yet to meet a friendlier people. Yes, they are Muslim, Shia Islam which might be called a "milder" form. Currently Iranians are in a rebellious mode against the clergy and are agitating for a return of the Shah or a secular democracy. So, they are a far cry from the Palestinian Sunni's, who of course have suffered a long history of abuse by Israel, which has reached melt down proportions presently. But if it had never reached this stage, and they had gotten along OK, you would still have had an "Israel Out" movement. Thats the nature of Islam. And never mind the 90% of Muslims who only worry about their everyday lives and problems, same as you or I, it's the 10% hardline Jihadi's you have to worry about, because they punch far above their weight when it comes to the death and destruction of the unbelievers. And this makes it infinitely worse in a situation like we now have in Palestine. And that's the point I was trying to make. There's no comparison with events that happened here in Ireland, or indeed Europe, with events that have happened in the Middle East, and that's all down to radical Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

Did you miss the previous hostage exchange, where Hamas released hostages and Israel released both aid and Palestinian prisoners (and implemented a ceasefire)? After negotiations.

Israel is negotiating, so is Hamas - Qatar is mediating. I'm not sure where you're trying to go with this - but proposing a hypothetical scenario that is not backed up by the actual facts seems quixotic, to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

A list, that contains the names and personal details of 600 Jews has been leaked online in Australia, with some pretty devastating consequences.

The government are rushing in to create a Doxxing law which could mean jail time for those behind future leaks.

It seems bizarre to me, how Anti-Semitism is now at its highest point in decades.

Palestinians need to move forward towards a path of peace.

They need to drop the Jihadism and the Anti-Semitism and find a way to live in peace with Israel and their Jewish neighbours.

It is difficult because many of them are groomed from a young age and taught how to hate. But that is where leadership is needed, but sadly, the Palestinians have been badly led for decades now.

• Advertisement

This x1000

SF/PIRA was never about civil rights or human rights. They were all about militant republicanism whose sole and main aim was to violently defeat the British State and to leave Northern Ireland, where I guess some form of Utopia would then arrive.

It is one of the greatest myths perpetrated that SF/PIRA fought for civil and human rights. Any reading of the actual history will show this to be nonsense. It was arrived at after the GFA, to be re-sold as the PIRA 'winning' since ultimately they did not succeed in their first aim.

Peter Taylor sums it up best.

"SF and the IRA lost the war but were too clever to admit it.

Unionists won the war, but were too stupid to realise it"

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Workhorse2024

Israel should stop murdering innocent people on an industrial scale using Hamas as an excuse.

Israelis are groomed in the exact same way everyone of them are conditioned to hate Palestinians and serve in the military to be able to kill them at a moments notice.

You only ever hold Palestinians accountable, why dont you tell the truth about the IDF ?

The greatest myth is "Israel cares about Palestinians and actively try to avoid civilians" thats the greatest myth lapped up by the likes of you, you could watch a IDF soldier in cold blood kill a man or women with a white flag and still believe that statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭taratee

Israelis are not groomed in the exact same way. Israel, the state, does not want to destroy Palestine. The same cannot be said for Palestine. Israelis are trained to serve in the military to protect their country just like any one of a number of different countries in the West. Israel provides employment for 80K+ Palestinians. If you go to work in Israel you could easily end up working on the same team as Israeli and Palestinian people. Hamas don't appear to be overly interested in creating employment for their own people, let alone Israelis, even in times of peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭circadian

• Advertisement

"Israel does not want to destroy Palestine"

You are currently watching them do it in 4k live streamed, tell us... How many videos of IDF soldiers shooting men women children... people waving white flags do you need to see before you review your own beliefs on Israel and the IDF?

What number of dead children would make you go... wait a min this is too far, its currently at 14k give us a ball park number on what would make you raise your eyebrow and question your beliefs.

Work where in Israel exactly? Hardly going into a high paying IT job with Palestinians on the team, that is extremely unlikely. I would put the house on it. Israel, at least some in government right now and the fundamentalist groups most certainly do want to destroy Palenstine. Their actions speak louder than any mealy mouthed lie. You cannot equate Hamas and the Israeli state, the Israeli state has foreign investment and free trade. Palestine is and has been completely blockaded with little to no trade as a direct result of Israeli policy.

Israelis are groomed in the exact same way everyone of them are conditioned to hate Palestinians and serve in the military to be able to kill them at a moment's notice.

Patently untrue, if you look at the facts.

The primary motive for Israel is to destroy Hamas, not kill as many Palestinians as they can.

We do know that if Israel wanted to, given their military capabilities, they could kill many many more. The issue is Hamas and the nature of asymmetrical warfare.

No Hamas in Gaza, no war in Gaza. Its that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,944 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This is hyperbole but it suited your purposes i suppose to defend Israel. The war in Ukraine has shown Russia is no match for the west. The Russian army has been set back decades. Their arms exports have taken a drastic hit too as everyone sees most of their weaponry is inferior to that of the west. The Russian army won't be marching on any Nato country- they're struggling to take a town of 32000 people and suffering huge losses in the process. Yet according to you they'll be conquering eastern Europe. Good joke P.

Post edited by nacho libre on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,944 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This is mainly true, but Israel does pay attention to what smaller countries do. Do you remember the anger over Leo's clumsy comments? The Israeli Government won't be swayed by Ireland's opinion but they do pay attention. If for example Ireland broke rank with the EU and called for sanctions on Israel, you can be sure that would be noted in Tel Aviv. The Government of course will never do that for fear of the American response.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Asked and answered a number of times in the thread already. Sure read back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Shameful isn't it.

War crimes being committed as we speak.

Protests need to focus on US support for Israel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,642 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

More israeli lies

Posting on their official twitter account about the amount of "aid" they are sending into Gaza.

It's genocide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

are you for real? You are saying the Palestinians "need" to move towards peace? When they've been treated like sub-humans for the past 75 years.

I would be anti-semetic and anti-Israeli and anti-apartheid if I lived in the open air prison that is Gaza.

• Advertisement

Sorry but anyone that is content to see Israel kill its way to its objectives, with such a disregard for human life (15000 children).

Is a Sociopath.

Its that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Calls will surely increase to expell the US Ambassador if this genocide continues.

Glad you brought up IT. They are working in high paying IT jobs. Furthermore, they are/were working alongside Israeli people, and Irish people, on teams in the industry. Israel had more than 9,000 active tech firms as of 2023. I know for a fact that they had 15,000 open positions in 2021 and the Minister of Regional Cooperation, can't remember his name, my apologies, approved 500 positions specifically for Palestinian workers as part of one of the Israeli-Palestinian Peacemaking initiatives. Palestine could easily base some of those hi-tech firms in their country but that'd require a seismic shift in the way they do business, and they way they treat certain groups of people e.g. women and LGBTQ+ people. Finally, Israel have been very clear about the fact that they want to destroy Hamas and not Palestine.

Unfortunately despite their undeniable skills as civil engineers etc, when aid is used by Hamas to develop an extensive tunnel network rather than building a better country, free trade cannot presumably be permitted for safety purposes.

Hamas should:

1. Release hostages.
    2. Surrender architects of Oct 7th.
    3. Disavow violence.
    4. Deliver up remaining weaponry.
    5. Dismantle Hamas.

There could of course be conditions so that Israel does not do all of the evil things it wants to do according to some of the more extreme posters on here.

Then, maybe then, ordinary Gazans could build a normal life and ordinary Israelis could get busy living normal lives as well (setting aside all the other terrorism threats they face for the purpose of this post).

Ironically it could be argued that Israel withdrawing in 2005 was an attempt to let the Gazans at it but then along came Hamas so Hamas need to go.

The bits about IT in Israel and Palestine? If so, no, I'm familiar with it from my work.

More extreme posters on here. Try the other one mate. Look at the numbers and pictures from Gaza. That's not self defence.

Riddle me this. How many hostages have the IDF freed in this campaign? Not released but actually freed. How many of them were in the underground city of tunnels?

I'm not calling names I'm stating a fact the disregard, for human life and right and wrong is sociopathic behavior.

He has displayed all these traits over multiple threads, this is my work believe me i know what i am talking about when I see it.

• Advertisement

If you can’t be bothered reading I can’t be bothered typing.

You don’t jump into a debate 1000 pages or whatever in and just demand that posters answer you now because you can’t be bothered reading back. Maybe someone with the time and inclination will answer you but it won’t be me. Please don’t call me a nasty name.

Advertisement