Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,140 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm totally amazed how people still believe that all this began on Oct 7th and that Israel is the good guy. I'm also beginning to believe that much of it is blatant anti-Muslim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

It did start on October 7th. That's when this current war started . The Islamists in Gaza broke into Israel and started murdering and raping.

Its good to see that road being built in Gaza to help control it. Philadelphia corridor has to be controlled aswell .

Interesting study and report sent into Tim Davie about the anti Israel Bias in the BBC. It's all there as plain as day. Downplaying Hamas and October 7th.. Wild accusations against Israel. It's all coming out and the BBC will be held somewhat to account. Its presenters and international editor Jeremy Bowen have been heavily criticised for being biased.

RTE is much more Anti Israel. Will a similar report be done? Is it's editorial team held to account. Irish media has to be the most hostile anti Israel media in Europe.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,693 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wild accusations against Israel

What wild accusations

I bet the BBC are also anti-Nazi, too, so them being slanted against Israel's war crimes for instance neither shocks me or would be indicative of a lack of ethical reporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it didn't start on october 7th

this current "war" as in genocide is part of the ongoing genocide of the palestinian territories.

the islamists simply walked across the border to commit their disgraceful attack which is no justification for the gazan and west bank genocides

israel were aware the attacks were coming and did not secure the borders for whatever reason.

gaza will never be controlled thankfully

israel will eventually be forced out of it and the west bank as the current crop of enablers won't be around forever.

there is no anti-israel bias in the BBC

the BBC are just stating the fact that israel is a racist

same for irish media

simply stating the facts about israel.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Being critical of a state committing war crimes is the right and ethical thing to do. Fair play to RTE for not falling for Israeli state propaganda

The Russian ambassador to Ireland feels the same way about RTE by the way . You are in good company Peggy.

I suspect you dont have a problem with RTE being critical of Russia.

• Advertisement

It's the national broadcasters job to be impartial and report the facts. The BBC and RTE are packed full of anti Israel journalists. Youd have to turn on American news or German news to get the 'other ' side. Where's Dana Elrich.. they used to pretend to be balanced and bring her on occasionally. She's a great ambassador. Very fair and tries to explain to Ireland that backing the Jihadists is not the right thing to do. Ireland can't really be that worried about civilians because there was very little said about the Syrian civilians or the Yemeni civilians. It's all anti Israel stuff.

October 7th was the war crime . The murder,rape and burnings. The only issue I can see that the Israelis are doing differently is hitting terrorists when they are embedded among civilians. That in itself is not a war crime if the military goal can be shown to be greater than the loss of civilian life . Hard to prove that. So if 5 Hamas planners are in among 40 or 50 civilians then they can be all neutralised if there is evidence that the Palestinian terrorists were planning or about to execute something big.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

The wild accusations that Israel is committing 'genocide' everytime civilians get killed in Gaza. That's as Wild as it gets and it's not correct .

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭taratee

This current war started on October 7th. Hamas broke into Israel on that date and they murdered and raped innocent Israelis. Still can't wrap my head around the level of support that we are seeing for Hamas in this country. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

https://news.sky.com/story/middle-east-latest-israel-strike-protests-netanyahu-gaza-live-updates-12978800

Sky News being very Anti-Israel today highlighting that OP attacked a refugee camp near Khan Younis. Entire families have been blown to bits in a strike that left a crater 3m deep. 40 dead and 60 injured.

Given that north of 80% of them are Hamas supporters, this must make at least 32 dead terrorists including some of those terrorist toddlers.

On a related note, saw footage of a man yesterday putting cloth into the skull of a terrorist toddler to keep it together for burial as its brain had been blown out, obviously can't post that here.

The toddler was alleged to have been "killed" but the perpetrators haven't been named I don't think. Hopefully the moral IOF can get to the bottom of it and hold them accountable whoever it was.

• Advertisement

That is what the national broadcaster is doing. You would prefer it whitewash Israeli crimes. You can keep trying to pedal the canard that they are not, but it was you who justified ethnic cleansing in the West Bank on the basis of self defense. Yet at the same time bemoan Israelis being forced from their homes in Northern Israel. So therefore everything is permissable in the name of self defense going by your logic. Yet if this doctrine was applied to Israel you would soon change your tune.

Israeli war crimes have been well documented over the years by international and Israeli human rights groups.

Be consistent condemn violence and rape no matter who does it, Peggy. As you know the IDF was founded by Irgun terrorists who used rape as a weapon of war. So it didn't start with Hamas. Don't put your fingers in yours ear and crib about organisations stating the facts about these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭WEST

No one is supporting Hamas, the killing of innocent Palestinians is the issue but I'm sure you know that.

No it started 75 years ago. Land grabbing in the WB did not start on Oct 7th. Murdering and interning innocent people did not start on Oct 7th. Treating Palestinians like s*** did not start on Oct 7th. If there is a media bias anywhere (and I haven't seen it) then it's fully deserved. Israel is a pariah state.

No it didn't start on Oct 7th. It escalated then but it started 75 years ago. Israel has always treated the Palestinians in a shocking way. Israel has shown that it has no shame and no depts it won't descent to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

In the interests of balance, it must of course be stated that the ratio of civilians to soldiers/security/police killed on October 7th must have been a lot lower than the so-called civilised IDF's subsequent genocide. That's even before you get to deducting the Israeli civilians the IDF themselves killed under their Hannibal directive.

But anyway, continue establishing that it is ok to "neutralise" civilians if they are among "planners" or whatever. As long as you apply it consistently then people won't call you a hypocrite.

Yes, we would likely see Peggy's double standards on display if another country killed scores of Israeli civilians while striking IDF military facilities in Tel Aviv in what they claimed was preemptive self defense.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

It is genocide - The Israelis are deliberately targeting civilians.

I highly doubt there was a hamas "command centre" in that tented area that was bombed last night - always seems to be Israels excuse - there was a command centre, there was a 5 year old hamas commander , the 2 day old twins were launching missiles at Israel etc etc.

Its getting old at this stage.

they are though.

Is the Holocaust memorial museums definition of genocide too broad for your liking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭chewed

As long as the ratio of killing is 50:1, it's all fine. (50 being innocent/women/children and 1 being Hamas)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Show me a report on the RTE website that has a single lie in it. Seriously, anything at all. They're reporting facts. Same goes for BBC. Show me where it's lying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement