Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hamas strike on Israel - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

No, but I've lived in Islamic Country's for 20+ odd years. ( Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria ect. ) And I've had the good fortune to meet some of the best people ever, and yes they were Muslims. On the down side, I've met some of the worst people in the world, who were also Muslims. They had one thing in common, though the Quran. And as my Wahhabi friend explained, everything is contained in the Quran, so people will take the parts they are drawn to. There's two parts in the Quran, what was written in the early stages by Mohammad when he was in Mecca, and a minority voice starting out and are called the " peaceful verses". ( interesting read " The Satanic Verses," by Salman Rushdie from that time) and the 2nd part was written in Medina, where Mohammads teaching took on a more forceful, violent tone. ( by then he had a army backing him) Its largely from these verses that Wahhabi's, ISIS, Taliban etc. take the justification for the atrocities they commit. But you will find it interesting no doubt, and would be good if you took the time to post an occasional update? But in case this might not suit the thread, feel free to PM me if you like, as I'd be interested in your take.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It's not done for that at all. Have you seen the ochrs report on the west bank and on how incredibly limited the movement of Palestinians is because of Israeli intervention

Now imagine that by many factors in Gaza.

They shot dead children playing on beach a few years ago from boats a little off the Gaza coast.

They built an iron wall around Gaza, control their airspace and basically patrol their coast and don't allow them use it.

If it's not a concentration camp, it's no more than an open air prison

Concentration camps existed before the Holocaust. They were not created to solely target Jewish people. They've existed since, and we are in effect seeing one in action in Gaza

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

There was a claim tonight that Hamas will not let the hospital accept fuel. There can no doubt that Hamas want the people in that hospital to suffer, and will be doing all they can to make sure that happens, is filmed and broadcast.

Didn't say death camps, they said concentration camps. There is a difference.

The following were purpose built camps specifically for killing Jews

They were extermination camps.

1. Chełmno (in operation December 1941-January 1945)
    2. Bełżec (in operation March-December 1942)
    3. Sobibór (in operation May-July 1942 and October 1942-October 1943
    4. Treblinka (in operation July 1942-August 1943)
    5. Majdanek (in operation September 1942-July 1944)
    6. Auschwitz-Birkenau (in operation March 1942-January 1945)

Concentration camps included Dachau and a few others and were yes for Jews but for political prisoners, communists, homosexuals, roma, Jehovah's witnesses and a handful of other people of various ethnic and religious backgrounds.

So yes, Gaza is very much operating like various concentration camps in history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes, if you mean some of the loonier versions that can be found in America, the land of extremist everything, like the Westboro Baptist Church ( or other examples world wide ) or the major split caused by the Protestant Reformation? Sure these all took place. But as many and extreme as they may be, in today's world, are there any of them advocating death and destruction as can still be found in Quran? Or death to those who leave the Religion? Because if you can find some Churches / Congregations' preaching those kind of things then for sure, they are not followers of Christ, no matter what they call themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Aragh stop. Claim indeed. Israel said this. Netanyahu said this and is a complete clown and a lunatic. They are trying to control the bad PR.

Deliver the damn fuel and see if the hospitals use it. Israel have many of the hospitals surrounded. Deliver the fuel or turn on the power.

Just look at your logic. If Hamas wanted the hospitals to have no fuel, wouldn't they have dumped it ages ago.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

You don’t know, and nor do I.

What do you think would help Hamas more than anything right now?

This is what the idiot said. He has been talking rubbish for weeks.

Netanyahu was asked if Israel has a plan to get fuel into Gaza to power hospitals. “We just offered Shifa hospital the fuel, they refused it,” Netanyahu said.

“Hamas, (which) is hiding in the hospitals and placing itself there, doesn’t want the fuel for the hospital ... they want to get fuel that they’ll take from the hospitals to their tunnels, to their war machine.”

If you believe that Israel kindly offered some fuel to one hospital that is hitting the headlines, you are gullible.

According to Gaza’s Ministry of Health, 18 hospitals have been put out of service since the war began, either because they ran out of fuel or due to bombardments.

How come the idiot PM never offered fuel to the other hospitals? Give over, you are being played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

Why would Israel offer anything to Palestine?

This is war. Get the civilians out of the hospital and turn it upside down. Hunt every last hamas terrorist. Never again will they attempt an Oct 7th

Sounds reasonable to me. Hamas have far more to gain from images of dead babies than Israel does. And there’s the inconvenient matter of the operations centre at that location - bravely hiding behind sick people, do you condemn that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,375 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Is it worth bothering to reply to this? Probably not really. But suffice to say that if all the injured and sick were magically moved from the hospital tomorrow to a big tend along the Gaza fence where Israel have de-facto control, then there would be no more strikes on the hospital.

The imaginary Hamas HQ under the current hospital would be replaced with the myth of the new HQ under the tent after the Zionists hit the tent with airstrikes.

Israel is just on a murderous genocidal rampage. No amount of gaslighting can cover that up

So according to the Ministry of Health/Hamas (which has fuel reserves hidden away), their beloved citizens in hospital have no fuel.

and you think you aren’t being played?

Yes I condemn every single military facility under any hospitals in Gaza if they are there. Israel need to prove it before bombing these hospitals. Hamas are violating international law by locating military facilities under hospitals. If they are there.

Netanyahu never sounds reasonable by the way. Believing his disingenuous response to a question like that is gullible. Who exactly said No on this Hamas hotline?

According to Gaza’s Ministry of Health, 18 hospitals have been put out of service since the war began, either because they ran out of fuel or due to bombardments.

How come the idiot PM never offered fuel to the other hospitals?

To think that the entire Israeli military mission in Gaza is centred on killing immobile patients and babies in a hospital is nonsensical.

Israel are hunting hamas who are entrenched in tunnels throughout Gaza. Tunnels paid for by taxing the civilian population. Hunt them down , no stopping this time.

If you don't believe this that is your opinion although you are wrong best of luck to you.

We were a couple of weeks into this and the Israeli propaganda machine were printing aerial photographs of supposed massive Hamas fuel storage tanks. The type of things you'd see at a national facility or else an oil refinery

Strangely enough, I didn't see any questions from the media publishing the photos as to why nurseries and residential blocks full of families and kids were higher up the Israeli priority list for destruction than supposed Hamas massive fuel reserve tanks.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-says-gaza-photos-show-half-million-liters-of-fuel-held-by-hamas/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I have no particular opinion on the matter. I don't know what Hamas knows and I don't know what the IDF knows. Neither do I know what may be proven in time to come by any third parties. What I do know is that the Laws of War are never as cut and dried as some would like it to be, and that they permit a lot more than some folks might like.

To think that the entire Israeli military mission in Gaza is centred on killing immobile patients and babies in a hospital is nonsensical.

Perhaps just a bit of R&R for the zionist soldiers then maybe? A way to unwind after a hard weeks work of punching playschool coordinates into missile launch systems. It's probably a pain in the hole having to check and recheck that you didn't get a digit wrong on the GPS coordinates before you hit the launch button. Get a few hours off at the weekend with a high powered sniper rifle and allowed to take out a few hospital patients as a reward?

• Advertisement

You actually do know how nonsensical it is.

Israel won't stop this time and when it's over they need to cut all ties with Palestine.

Their bloodlust is indeed nonsensical.

But they won't stop until their buddies in the West - such as the US - finally shout "stop".

How many people know that in the 1960's, Israel tested the American "loyalty" by attacking and killing dozens of its military (injuring about 200 others) in what is rumoured to be simply that - a test of how much the US would bend over to support them? Because if you can attack them and kill their people, yet they are willing to hush it up and still support you, then you know there is nothing you can do to threaten their support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Are you talking about the US Ship hit off the coast of Egypt in the 6 day war.

It's a bit 9 11 truth from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

There was one in the Sunday Independent last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,998 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This is a more and more familiar tactic from Israel's supporters.

In this man's mind, if you don't give approval to the butchering of kids in Gaza, you are a holocaust denier, want to see Jews killed and an apologist for pedophiles.

Israel has lost the communication battle on this. And rightly so as it has been contrived to support their acts if Genocide.

But, when EU leaders look at this, they must surely realize more and more that rationality has been abandoned by Israel.

• Advertisement

It's well documented. You may have just googled it there now yourself. Keep reading and come back to us and let us know.

Gone way off the track now.

Il stick to the here and now . Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Didn't Mark Regev say a couple of days ago on Sky News, when challenged about the assertion that the main Hamas command center was under the hospital,

they were going to provide proof that Hamas has its headquarters under the Al Shifa Hospital. Well where is it? Surely the spies that were said to be working for Israel within the hospital would have smuggled out something to verify the claim? Multipass what are your thoughts on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,238 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The regime and their supporters are losing the PR battle and losing it very badly. Note the virtual absence of pro-Israel marches around the world....this is not a mere coincidence.

Brand new account. I'll leave it there. No doubt you'll be back again later

• Advertisement

This is a great 3 mins from sky news yesterday

All sorts going on from rebels in Saudia launching missiles at Israel to the US bombing in Syria.

https://youtu.be/HdKWYXJgFaA?si=SDBvtY3iNMe1nDYe

Come back to us later if you last long enough this time to be able to post actual links.

Heres Hamas popping out of their tunnels to attack the IDF.

https://youtu.be/0J6YiIc642A?si=mGuieCopWaPtuS8J

Remember when Biden said he didn't trust the Gaza Health ministry figures for people killed?

Truns out Israeli military thinks real number is much higher.

Eve Barlow is a journalist with 64k followers on Twitter.

These are not the same thing.

I’d imagine the priority is with troops on the ground right now. It’s not a new claim, here’s an a example from 2009

2014 Amnesty international condemned Hamas for using the hospital to torture opponents.

They’re well dug in at this stage. Cowards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Hezbollah really upping the ante today, most violent day to date since the Hamas invasion.

I think it's only a matter of time before Israel have to forcefully respond to Hez attacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭Cordell

I don't know who she is, I just see that she's right. These marches are not for peace, not for the children, they are against Israel and for "from the river to the sea". People attending are marching against the jews. Yes, you can condemn the deaths of children without being an antisemite, but not when you're attending these marches, not now when you know what they're about.

I am amazed how spectacularly they are losing the PR/Comms battle. They are just too hate filled and bloodthirsty for their own good. Netanyahu involving Amalek was the key sign that Israel is governed by loons and completely brainwashed. They are clearly trotting out lies in order to contain disastrous news stories such as destroying hospitals.

• Advertisement

What evidence have you that the people matching are against the jews?

These are the biggest global marches in 20 years, you really think people just decided to show their dislike for Jewish people coincidentally at the same time when Israel is butchering Palestinians?

Your assertion has no basis in reality.

I've been on 2 marches. Am I a holocaust denier, jew hater and supporter of pedophilia because I added my voice to those calling for the halt of genocide?

How many marches have you been on?

@Tell me how Have you chanted Palestine will be free from the river to the sea? And it's a war, a brutal one indeed, but not a genocide.

The tunnels are mostly in Northern Gaza. Previous discoveries found some that reached 70metres underground. They fan out like a spiders web with entry points in houses, schools, hospitals and other public buildings.

This is no secret as many reporters over the years have been in the tunnels and have videos of them.

A city under a city paid for by stealing payments meant for aid for the Palestinian people.

Israel is surrounded on all sides. Any sign of weakness and they will be invaded again.

They've already killed one. Lebanese family going about their daily business. Not sure they can show force more than that aye

If I have chanted that, what do you think I meant as I did so?

Is that what you hear when people say 'Ceasefire Now'?

Do you think the Jewish people who attend the marches are holocaust deniers and hate all Jews and support pedophilia?

Repeating my question asking you how many marches have you been on? It's important to see are you speaking from a position of knowledge, or just towing a line.

I've also been in the marches. A handful of outlier lunatics/racists out of doesn't mean the many thousands marching peacefully are anything close to antisemitic and the rest.

But it's part of the pr playbook now..lazily brand anyone and everyone against the ongoing bombing and slaughter of 1000s of innocent people are obviously racist, antisemite, nonce loving troglodytes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭amandstu

I find it strange that people are doubting the existence of the tunnels.

Or are they just doubting that they are in the vicinity of civilian localities that would make it hard for Israel to target them without being accused of targeting civilians.

If Hamas is noble spirited enough that they forego that disgusting tactic ,then why would they have taken hostages in the first place?

Surely the two tactics are joined at the hip.

Note that I don't think Hamas are the first group to use civilians (or enemy soldiers as human shields) but they are certainly doing it in this case .

"how many marches have you been on?"

None. Because they don't achieve anything.

I don't know what you will claim it means, but what it means is clear - destruction of Israel, the country that actually spans from the river to the sea.

• Advertisement

Everyone has their own individual priorities and knowledge levels. Some are just caught up in some sort of herd mentality.

Takes all sorts.

Israel was invaded from all sides before and had to fight for its survival. A few upset middle class Brits or Irish etc protestors won't change anything in the real world.

Advertisement