Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hamas strike on Israel - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

SkyNews just had some Israeli representative on calling for total war.

He wants carpet bombing, "like the RAF did to Dresden, or the Yanks did to the Japanese"

and Israel wonders why many view them as a Fascist state?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

Your post is from the same stable as "It was cold today, therefore this global warming is a load of nonsense."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Longing

Your first reply just sums up the UN. I wouldn't put it by Hamas that the have the centre UN refugee camps for there base for operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So why say nobody is disputing anything, when there has been a concerted effort to dispute anything involving the massive terrorist attack on Israel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

I don't think so. Was just reacting to a shitload of nonsense posted here. But I'm well aware I'll get smart responses. If you would you like to have a chat about climate changes, find a different thread, pretty sure there's at least one on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,076 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Nonsense, pure and simple.

Tell me, do you blame the Jews for the treatment dished out to them by the Nazi's?

Do you blame the Jews for the pograms carried out against them over centuries?

There is a deep deep hatred and anti-Semitism at play here. Much of the Arab world hate Jews and are deeply anti-semitic. To deny this fact is to deny history. I would go further, it is to deny the Holocaust and why it happened and its causes.

The idea that if the Israelis were just nice to Palestinians in Gaza, Hamas would just go away. That if they were nice, they would have peace.

Pure and utter scutter from you.

I'll go again.

What you have just done is blame Israel for the fact that Hamas murdered over 1300 of its citizens. You are excusing murder.

Do you always victim blame to such a degree?

Are the Yazidis to blame for the treatment they received from ISIS?

Maybe they should have been nice to them.

Are the Armenians to blame for the treatment they received from the Turks?

They should have offered them a cup of tea.

Are the Tutsis to blame for the treatment they received from the Hutus?

Maybe they should have not existed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

America full square behind Israel.

Will Irish criticism shift to America and their government?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,391 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Laughable. There is nothing antisemitic about what I said.

• Advertisement

ok the word NOBODY was a mistake.

CORRECTION: i and most other posters i see here are not disputing that barbaric acts of violence were committed. on both sides btw

i still have no proof babies were beheaded. i have seen accounts from the IDF, but this is the same force which is killing children as i type. i have seen heavily blurred images, but i cannot make out what they contain. Benji has said so but i dont believe the time of day from that war criminal. somebody said Biden saw these images. the WH denied this. the Daily Mail said " It comes as apparently verified photographs of other babies beheaded by the ruthless terrorists ia mile away from the border were 'confirmed' by journalists at the Jerusalem Post." again it's the DM and The Jerusalem Post. i dont believe either. they are agenda driven rags.

Again, utterly laughable diatribe. Everyone who condemns war crimes and crimes against humanity must be an antisemite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Because it hasn't been documented.

At least not to the extent by which it was being claimed.

Whether it turns out to be factual or not won't impact what peoples argument has been, 'that there hasn't been evidence confirming that the events occurred'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Israel able to get away with war crimes because America allows it.

I didn't say you were anti-Semitic, I just tore apart your point, that if the Israelis were just nice to people in Gaza they would have peace.

Are you denying that there is a deep hatred and anti-semtism at play here, or that it exists in the wider Arab world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,290 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I saw a photo of a completely charred baby in a crib over on Reddit/2ndyomkippurwar earlier today.

Do the photos you need to see specifically have to have decapitated babies or would a charred one do you? If so I can link you over.

I also saw a photo of a dead baby in a crib and you couldn't quite see if the head had fully detached through some blurring to protects its identity so not sure if that ticks your boxes?

Are you denying that Israel engages in war crimes? This is droll.

I bet you also believe Al Qaeda did 9/11 because "they hated our freedom." Drink more kool aid.

Do you seriously think the Provisional IRA happened in a vacuum? Of course they didn't. Neither do Hamas exist in a vacuum. They exist because of oppression. The more a people are oppressed, the more they turn to extremism.

Giving context as to why something exists is not an expression of support for something.

In fact Israel itself has continually primed Hamas. Here's Benjamin Netanyahu calling for the FUNDING of Hamas. Is he in any way to blame for this current awful situation? Hell yes he is. He should resign immediately not just because of his appalling security failures but because the below is genuinely treasonous towards his own people.

Either it has been documented or it hasn't which one is it ,

It's been denials after denials we've all read the same posts over the last near week,

What are you blathering about?

The point is that you seem to think the treatment dished out by Hamas is the fault of Israel, when in fact throughout history people hate and kill for no real reason. From the Tutsis to the Armenians.

A group like Hamas hates, that is all. It doesn't matter now nice Israel is to them, they will hate and want to kill them all.

• Advertisement

The fact you won't debate honestly the point you made, and the point I just destroyed just proves it's built on quicksand.

Whataboutism doesn't cut the mustard.

Ill ask again, do you think the Nazis wouldn't have had the Holocaust if the Jews were a bit nicer to them?

What proof are you looking for exactly

"i still have no proof babies were beheaded"

Photos or videos is that what you really want ?

Have you noticed nobody has disputed the number of deaths in Gaza why exactly is that ???

Laughable, so your position is Hamas did it 'just because lol' and Israel did absolutely nothing to provoke or stoke all this intergenerational hatred through it's own war crimes.

There seems to be nothing you have to tell me from here, I've gotten the fill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hamas did it because they want all Israeli's dead.

No other whataboutery/apologies are relevant.

if true & verified then these are atrocities, there's no denying that.

i have not seen these photos, and i have no desire to see them either. no doubt we will be seeing plenty of pics of mutilated, burnt and starving Palestinian kids, which you can add to your collection.

yes, and the civil war was just over states rights.

But, the states rights to do what?

Here, yes, they want Israelis dead, breaking news spoiler alert. That's just the tip of the Iceberg, go deeper: why do they want them dead? It's not Adrenochrome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The contents of that article makes you wonder about the US confirmation that Egypt warned Israeli officials of the looming terror attack, but that the warning was not acted on.

Netanyahu denies such a warning was received, despite US officials confirming that it was brought to the attention of Israeli intelligence and military officials. It's a bit of a stretch to think the leadership weren't made aware of its contents.

More denial ...

I thought nobody was denying it yet it's your opening paragraph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,290 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Haha, you're hilarious, a moment ago you were only just asking for proof. Now that I say it's available, you change the goalposts. Can't make this **** up. Laughable.

I can't believe people like you are literally at the point where you are arguing that Hamas aren't animals that would decapitate babies, but instead they are good people who just shoot them in their cribs and burn them instead.

Seriously, talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,794 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I didn't believe for a second that Hamas decapitated babies. Sure rape and kill women and children, but not babies. They're not evil, right?

Neither the Israeli or US State departments have been able to verify this pervasive claim that they were beheading babies. The WH even went so far as to walk back Biden's remarks which seemed to confirm it, when they had no confirmation. But by all means, score all the internet points about it anyway, utterly tantalizing accusations right.

I'm as far from a conspiracy theorist as you can get, but I too have wondered.

I'd class Netanyahu as nearly as bad as Putin in terms of his obsession with power and his willingness to say anything and do anything to get it and maintain it, certainly as bad as Trump. Like them he's a duplicitous, evil bastard.

All funny ha ha, but facts matter and sure don't comforting lies make great excuses for future war crimes.

Clearly, there are people jumping to believe it's real beyond all doubt so they can excuse 'what's coming to them.' We're sure going to show the Palestinians how righteous we are, slaughtering hundreds and thousands of them for the sake of the beheaded babies. What's that, it was all a lie? I thought only Colin Powell told those... hey maybe we should verify something like that first before we get emotional with our guns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭supermans ghost

Never thought I’d be agreeing with you, but this is a very good point. When the peace people formed in Northern Ireland they did not take sides, it was all about stopping the bloodshed on all sides. What we are seeing in cities like London is the outpouring of hate for both Israel and Jews in general, I saw a clip from somewhere where they were chanting “gas the Jews “, that’s not people interested in peace.

No easy solutions I’m afraid, Both sides have an intense hatred of each other, Israel has been under constant attack since 1948 and is a state surrounded by Arab countries who at different times have tried unsuccessfully to drive them out , 6 day war and Yom kippur war, this coming off the back of the holocaust, it’s not that hard to see why they would overreact to an attack on their people, however we might prefer they would have exercised more restraint in their response.

The fact is Israel has powerful allies and the Palestinians apart from a few rogue states like Iran and the likes of organisations like BLM and individuals like Jeremy Corbyn (an anti-Semite thrown out of the Labour Party) has none. Why is that?

Even their own Arab brothers like Egypt etc don’t want them or support them in any meaningful way, something which a lot of posters conveniently ignore. They have never had a great leader or spokesperson, Arafat was corrupt and enriched himself at the expense of his own people. Unless they reject Hamas they are done for, because no civilised state will negotiate with a group that has the elimination of Israel as one of it’s stated aims, simple as, if they do that, then this would increase the pressure on countries like the US, UK and EU to do the right thing and get Israel to have proper dialogue towards a workable 2 state solution.

I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭brickster69

The last Israeli PM having a heated interview on Sky

"if you get on the wrong train, get off at the nearest station, the longer it takes you to get off, the more expensive the return trip will be."

• Advertisement

No the white house did not roll back the claim, there has been nothing from the Whitehouse no statement,no documented post on social media or on Broadcasts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thats the necessary script. How else can they deny what is inconvenient to their agenda?

It never happened, and if theres proof I'm not looking, therefore I saw no proof, therefore didn't happen since I saw no proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

People need to ask themselves a couple of simple questions, if you had it in your power to stop the slaughter of the innocents on Saturday would you stop it?

Now ask yourself if you had it in your power to stop the slaughter of the innocents in Gaza now would you stop it?

If the answer to both those questions is yes then you are a good decent human being, if it's not then i guess you'll have to live with that.

All human life is precious.

Amnesty International’s new investigation shows that Israel imposes a system of oppression and domination against Palestinians across all areas under its control: in Israel and the OPT, and against Palestinian refugees, in order to benefit Jewish Israelis. This amounts to apartheid as prohibited in international law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,532 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Except that there have been a whole heap of posters and posts on this thread who have repeatedly only focussed on the bad deeds of Israel.

What Israel is doing is horrific, but what was done to the children of Israel last Saturday is beyond horrific, just the music festival alone, not even thinking about the babies.

And we have had posters on here talking about sending the Jews back to where their grandparents came from, an astonishing level of ignorance, we have had the posts that talked about what Shani was wearing, we have had the posts trying to distinguish between whether the babies were beheaded, disembowelled or shot in the head. We have had the posts defending the pro-Palestinian protests and Twitter flags, which, let's remember went up on Twitter after the Israeli babies were killed and before any retaliation occurred.

The atrocities committed by Hamas are right up there with the worst the world has seen.

• Advertisement

Again you claimed the "The White house" rolled back the claim they have no made any statement, in the evidence posted earlier the first paragraph said that the Whitehouse made no comment about it ,

But unnamed sources said so , unnamed sources isn't the White house or the President

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,710 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

People need to ask themselves a couple of simple questions, if you had it in your power to stop the slaughter of the innocents on Saturday would you stop it?

Now ask yourself if you had it in your power to stop the slaughter of the innocents in Gaza now would you stop it?

You'll have to ask Netanyahu those 2 questions as it has started to sound like he could have stopped both.

The more pertinent question would be why he didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Why don’t you explain why you have claimed Shani Louk was raped with no evidence?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Why was she undressed exactly.....

Deny deny deny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,532 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Hamas did it because their objective is to wipe Israel and the Jews from the face of the earth - from the river to the sea.

And when they are finished with them, they will be coming for the rest of us. Nothing like religious zealots on a crusade to eliminate the heathens.

why dont you start a Top 10 of worldwide atrocities?

i dunno who would be No.1 but i do know the USA and Israel would have more than a few entries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭thereitisgone

Oh Jesus still this

The hamas barbarians didnt film it, read the stories today in the UK newspapers, witnesses saying girls were raped lieing on top of there dead friends

But words are probably not enough for you yo need to see the video

Evidence will probably come out if these bodies are recovered, but i already know you will deny that as Israeli propaganda

An administration official, ie. The White House.

And you haven't verified it I'm sure, I haven't verified it, the US nor Israel has verified it.

Why would you deny the reporting so hard and so banally? Makes it easier to dehumanize the enemy I'm sure. No, let's take credit for the blood on our own hands without washing it with the blood of babies allegedly beheaded by the enemy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,480 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Nope. I see through your semantic evasions. Nowhere in your post do you accept the evidence presented and accept and condemn as a specific atrocity the actions by Hamas you sought to discredit in your posts.

I point this out because you were the one who jumped into the thread to challenge the claims. I am not randomly picking on you on a point you made no comment about.

The reports you sought to discredit have been established now as fact.

Therefore, you still refusing to accept as a fact, and therefore refusing to condemn the horrific attacks by Hamas including mutilation of infants and children.

So once again simple question do you accept that Hamas has executed and mutilated babies?

And therefore, do you condemn it?

No whataboutery. No flip flopping. No attempts to dodge the question by saying oh well I haven't seen 40 mutilated babies therefore you were right. You weren't. The point in question was whether Hamas mutilated babies and you've been proven wrong.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
Advertisement