Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Toeuptony

Here's another Israeli politician being every explicit about the plan, based on a similar map to the one that Netanyahu presented.

I had a quick search and he doesn't appear to be in the current govt, but it appears to be a widely held expectation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

It's not a difference I made up ffs. It's the difference between a refugee and ethnic cleansing.

You simply don't understand the difference between forced and forcible.

Ukrainians have not been forcibly removed to the EU (they were forced to flee, that makes them a refugee)

On the other hand, those Ukrainians that have been forcibly removed from Ukraine into Russia, that makes it ethnic cleansing.

As soon as a Palestinian is forcibly removed from Gaza, that's ethnic cleansing. There seems to be some belief that all Gazans want to leave.

I don't want to confuse you any more, but if Israel forcibly removes Gazans into Egypt, with Egypt allowing it, that's ethnic cleansing and Egypt could be complicit in it.

If Gazans flee into Egypt and Egypt allows them in, that's a refugee. However in that situation, as Israel has been bombing, starving and making life unlivable for people in Gaza, Israel could still be guilty of ethnic cleansing. But Egypt wouldn't as they were not complicit in.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

I’m wondering if Hamas/Palestine would be on the lookout for the IDF special forces after the first couple of raids.

I’d imagine that the toll on Israeli forces using these tactics would be much greater than the tactic that was actually used.

I must admit to not being a military tactician.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

No difference between a fat yank headed over to join the IDF and some muslim that went off to fight for ISIS. Should receive the same treatment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's fùcking genocide!

Nihal Abu Ayash was wearing his football kit and carrying his school bag when he was shot in the head and killed after Israeli forces opened fire in the West Bank town of Beit Ummar.

The first bullet reportedly hit the 16-year-old in the leg. He collapsed, and as he tried to stand up, he was shot for a second time in the head, according to the schoolboy’s family.

You don't say!

(Insert the Padme & Anakin meme)

"So they're going to re-establish funding, right?"

"So they're going to re-establish funding, right?"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I had a quick search and he doesn't appear to be in the current govt, but it appears to be a widely held expectation.

Expected by whom, as the guy appears to be a mad crank of the highest order. I can't ever see him ever being elected to public office, so to call him a politician, is a label he put on himself.

Ah, here it is.

Yea, I am sure he is going to get far with 0.01% of the vote for his "Bible Bloc Party".

4.76 million people voted in the 2022 Kinneset election. Only 411 voted for Dennis Lipkin.

So, I'll repeat. Who is expecting him to be not only elected but also a government minister?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

But Egypt wouldn't as they were not complicit in.

Best take that up with @Donald Trump as he explicitly stated, that any nation that grants Palestinians refuge is complicity in helping Israel.

I would say that under no circumstance should other states facilitate Israel's genocide and ethnic cleansing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

their genocide has caused them to lose a lot of their forces on the ground as the IDF are a badly trained army at the best of times.

special forces teams don't always have huge numbers so chances are the losses would be a lot lower if they acted like grownups instead of committing genocide.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭thereiver

Look on guardian.co.uk opinion theres an article today. It says Biden could simply call the government and tell them to declare a ceasefire and allow aid supply's food water medicine to be supplied to Gaza .eg the Idf can only continue the war with the help of military and financial support from America

Israel would run out of bombs and missiles very soon if it could not get help from America

This has happened before if you look thru the history of middle east wars involving Israel

Biden has the power to force a ceasefire through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭dmcdona

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

forner politicians . Doesn't matter what they say as they won't be elected

Current ones. Doesn't matter because they don't really mean it.

Doesn't matter what's on the record to you som

That's basically been your response when you claim they have no intent for anything in gaza post conflict. You even mentioned Wannsee ( forgetting that by and large nobody not there knew nothing of it until 1947) and still don't think that they could have spoken about it in any way.

Sm

Settlers gonna settle, ICJ hearing testimony (including Ireland's AG) and democrats ask Biden to ramp up efforts.

Dozens of settlers from the West Bank settlement of Yitzhar threw stones and tried to torch several houses in the Palestinian village of Asira al-Qibliya, according to an Israeli security official. Israeli security forces were dispatched to the village, but no arrests were made.

At the ongoing International Court of Justice hearing on Israel's occupation of Palestinian territories, China said the occupation was illegal.

Thirteen Jewish House Democrats urged U.S. President Biden to redouble his efforts to facilitate a temporary cease-fire, their most pronounced efforts to date.

Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan called on the international community to take a more active role towards an urgent cease-fire in Gaza and a two-state solution during talks at the G20 summit in Brazil, a Turkish diplomatic source said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,366 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Nope. No idea what you are referring to. Perhaps you have confused me with another poster when you said this?

Yet you objected to me welcoming a coup against him.

Although now it turns out it wasn't a coup - but as it's still not any clearer to me what you're talking about, I can't respond to the claim.

Heard today on the radio that data modelling predicts 85,000 Palestinians will die in the next couple of months from injuries, disease and starvation - particularly children.

So that will be 200,000 dead and injured - 10% of the population of Gaza. On percentages, that'll be 140,000 women and children.

Israel = Genocidal terrorist State. This will stain them forever.

Haaretz:

Israel is seeking Palestinians not affiliated with Hamas to manage civilian affairs in areas designated as testing grounds for a post-war administration in Gaza, according to a senior Israeli official, who added the plan would exclude anybody on the payroll of the Palestinian Authority.

A new U.S. intelligence assessment found it is "likely" that some UNRWA employees took part in Hamas' October 7 assault on Israel, the Wall Street Journal reported, adding that "the U.S. can't verify Israeli allegations that a larger number of UN workers have links to militant groups."

UNRWA has no "plan B" past March should donor countries continue to suspend their funds, the head of UNRWA's Lebanon office said.

A Palestinian man being treated at a Gaza hospital for severe bruising on his face, cuts on his fingers and other injuries said Israeli soldiers beat him with chunks of masonry and chairs after bursting into his home on February 20.

The Hamas-controlled Health Ministry in Gaza said that at least 29,410 Palestinians have been killed and 69,465 wounded since the war began.

Your quote of Trump does not equal what you attribute to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

First off, they shouldn't have invoked the Hannibal Directive and used attack helicopters to kill everyone, including their own. IDF is responsible for many of the deaths on 7th Oct.

Second - using 2000lb dumb bombs in a densely populated area was disproportionate and a war crime.

Cutting electricity, denying humanitarian aid and murdering surrendering civilians (including three of their own) is also a war crime.

Murdering 260 babies who were less than 1 year old - war crime. Bulldozing graveyards - war crime.

Stealing and looting - war crime

Letting infants die and decompose in an ICU - war crime.

And they are just a few examples of what the Israeli government has sanctioned and the IDF has carried out.

Do you think the IDF was right to go into Gaza and commit war crimes to the extent that this is genocide?

I suspect you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,442 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

'Israel' might be a Democracy TM but the Golan Heights and West Bank they illegally occupy, and Gaza which they want to resettle again, exist under Israeli apartheid.

Good luck with that. The Israelis should release Barghouti(?). He is quite popular and not tainted by corruption. He recognises the state of Israel and isn't a jihadi nutbjob either.

He has blood on his hands, but so did YItzhak Shamir, who as we know went on to become the prime minister of Israel.

Post edited by nacho libre on

So that was in response to you saying this:

There should be a coup against Nethanyu.

OK, I'd forgotten that you'd actually called for a coup against Netanyahu.

Yep. I'm not seeing a problem with me replying that if there was a coup against a legally elected government, that would be completely anti democracy. Because it would.

It seems you only support democracy when you like the people who have been elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,442 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hitler was elected, too, and the Allies forcibly overthrew him, but we love Democracy. And we really didn't like who Germany elected, like, a lot.

Given I retracted what I said previously I don't see the need for this question.

I would be perfectly ok for a heave against him as we saw in Ireland over the years. I won't be sorry if that happens to him given all he has presided over. That would be him getting off lightly indeed.

So the allegation that I was being hypocritical is fine, even though you've since had to step back from the comment I found objectionable ... presumably because you realise how objectionable that comment was?

And your wingman thinks that Hitler was overthrown in a coup by the Allies because they didn't like him.

Well done, both of you.

For clarity: I would be very happy to see Netanyahu removed by legal means and indeed if possible imprisoned. I do not think a coup would be acceptable though. No matter how much I dislike him.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@Iscreamkone threadban reapplied

• Advertisement
Advertisement