Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

doesn't this conflict go back to biblical times? 2 sons of Abraham had a falling out. just goes to show you the importance of family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It will make no difference. And they won't literally obliterate Gaza. They won't make the Palestinians get rid of Hamas by killing their sons and daughters. There are limits to what can be achieved by military means ptherwise Israel would have won this war years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,743 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How was this planned and carried out without the IDF getting a whiff of it? Yet now they are bombing buildings in Gaza where they say Hamas gunmen are occupying? Something just doesn't make sense about all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This has the potential to draw in Hezbollah if they perceive Israel as weakened. My question is just how did Israeli intelligence not see this coming. They have successfully infiltrated the Iranian Government at a high level over the years. It would seem they hadn't spies high up in Hamas or if they had they were double agents giving back false information. The heads of Sin Beth(?) and Mossad are going to be called to account over this monumental failure

• Registered Users Posts: 23,507 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So Israel cutting off power is the "war crime" from today.

Not the rapes/murder/desecration of corpses this morning of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭jackboy

Not sure about that. I expect they will be given a free pass for a day or two at most. In the medium term more things may mysteriously blow up in Iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's the one of the biggest intelligence failure in the history of the Israeli military and government if not the biggest failure

• Registered Users Posts: 51,743 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

In a couple of weeks we'll have 'Peace Talks' as usually happens after these events. Always after hundreds of innocents have died.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Out of interest, why do any of the more knowledge posters here think ,why haven't the west bank rose up also? Or will they and are just biding time?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Stuff is definitely going to blow up in Iran ,

Can't see them sitting back and not turning a large portion of Gaza to dust,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Nope, just anotherthing they do to turn the screw.

Another attack on ordinary people, hospitals etc all using that power.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,817 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

who are we cheering for?

cant agree with pouring cement into the water supply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Not too much mention of Iran, which is surprising. Israel will, of course, go in hard and is something that I'm sure Hamas must be anticipating. The "war" will likely spread to the West Bank and it will be interesting to see what happens at Israel's northern border. Could a northern front open from Iran? It's very possible and may be the end objective of what appears, at first glance, to be a most reckless operation by Hamas.

Israeli military doctrine is quite ruthless, almost black and white. I will not be one bit surprised if there are strikes at certain desert facilities in Iran if this escalates.

This has been a well coordinated and purposeful attack. The use of boats and paragliders is a new twist, and wasn't planned out on the back of a tobacco pouch. I will be interested to see if any of the rockets were guided. The vast majority of Hamas rockets have been unguided. If it is discovered that they have more sophisticated, guided units, all eyes will turn northwards.

Once the Palestinians are dealt with some high ranking Israeli's will be sweating they are next. Severe breakdown somewhere along the chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yep and it will go nowhere and in a year or a few years time they will be back fighting again. It seems never ending.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

i dont think i'll ever look upon a Golf buggy in the same light again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,782 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The extreme theological fascist Govt that Hamas have established in Gaza needs to be wiped out down to the lowest official in it.

As the only democracy in the region, the only country where human rights, workers rights, basis human dignity is valued, all of Europe must stand with Israel, same as we do with Ukraine in their existential fight for survival.

This is also a fight for survival.

If Ukraine had invaded Russia and annexed parts of their land and forced settlement through plantations then we wouldn’t be siding with Ukraine.

Credit where it is due, Hamas have really hit Israel hard.

It won't be over in a few days, it's like all the big attacks of other years, all rolled in to one.

It's a mini Yom Kippur war shock.

Is it 250 Israeli dead so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭thereitisgone

Not often i agree with Gatling, but on this i have too, Israel went to war when one soldier was captured, what wil they do over this

Not sure have you seen the videos of what has happened today, but it was totally brutal

I am not sure any Palestinian state or pretend state is going to be allowed to exist after today

I have always been on the side of Palestinians before today but this was way too far and

also a huge huge step up in there capabilities which i dont think they could accomplish on there own

Iran or someone has been coordinatizing this or training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I know its Saturday but its a bit early to be high or hammered.

Deeply depressing stuff today, knowing the way the Israelis will retaliate. Slaughter of innocents followed by mass slaughter of innocents. Preceded by a drip drip slaughter and terrorising of innocents in occupied territory which most Western countries ignore.

The triangle of Saudi -Iran - Israel (and normalisation of Saudi -Israel.relations and, to a lesser extent, Saudi-Iran), with EU, China, US and Russia interfering. With Serbia /Kosovo in the background and the bipolar proxy war in Ukraine, this is very unlike 2006/2021 wars and could escalate quite rapidly should Hezbollah join (which Biden has signalled would be a grave error).

Very worrying weeks ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭thereitisgone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I could be wrong but it may possibly be because the leadership there are living the good life. There are some new militant factions in Jenin, but Fatah seems to be happy with the overall situation. This maybe why there has been no elections in the West Bank for a long time too

I'm sure you are not siding with Ukraine either Comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Whats democratic about the regime in the West Bank, Arab East Jerusalem and the Golan?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Probably allowing it to justify more genocide.

Your the second person to associate blindly siding with Israel with communism - a bit weird.

and for the record no, I do side with Ukraine and their defense of their sovereign territory. There is no comparison between Ukraine and the ever expanding “country” of Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I see Daly, Murphy and a few talking heads from shinner HQ are over on Twitter supporting the guys who drive around with the bodies of women they murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭satguy

Israel has been bulldozing Palestinian homes to make way for Jewish Israeli Settlements.

And after 30 years of this,, How dare the Palestinians stand up for themselves.

These Palestinians will be made pay a heavy prize,, As the Israeli army is the best in the world at killing Women and Children..

• Advertisement

The Taliban are fans aswell.

With cheerleaders like that how can you not support them!

Advertisement