Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

If that's true why is he trying to wipe out Hamas now

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

no he’s saying bloodthirsty Zionists. There are plenty of Jews, both inside and outside of Israel, who oppose this genocidal nonsense, which also extends outside of Israel: “kill Palestinians! Kill all of them! Not one left! From the river to the sea, Palestine shall be deceased.”

You have no argument so instead resort to watering down the meaning of antisemitism. Pitiful.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I have DT on ignore.

Giving warnings doesn’t absolve the Israelis from the destruction and death they have visited on innocent women and children. Saying that isn’t antisemitism, most would say the same about Putin, no one is saying criticism of Russia is based in religious bigotry.

He’s not 😂

He hasn’t lifted a finger to wipe out the leadership of Hamas all sitting still very cozy in Qatar. Gives away the entire ballgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Balagan1

Sinwar and Deif are hiding in the (non-existing according to some on here) tunnels in Gaza. Not the kind of military leaders who actually fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Will Bibi risk it?

"Two far-right Israeli ministers have
    threatened to quit and collapse the governing coalition if Prime
    Minister Benjamin Netanyahu agrees to a Gaza ceasefire proposal unveiled
    by US President Joe Biden on Friday.

Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich and National Security Minister Itamar
    Ben-Gvir said they were opposed to striking any deal before Hamas was
    destroyed."

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cz55y6k0p5go

havent seen a single post in 1249 pages that said there werent tunnels in gaza.

Have seen people call a knife a banana though (this morning, above), possibly the same people who took a photo of a hole in the ground as proof of a hamas command and control center under a hospital (subsequently … debunked).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

4000 people were displaced for these settlers in 2023. More people are displaced each year for then there are settlers. So more and more Palestinians get squeezed into smaller and smaller spaces and more and more space is given to settlers. It's almost like they're creating ghettos.

With each settlement comes a disproportionate amount of violence from lsrael to towards Palestinians. (Ration of 24:1 injuries to Palestinians Vs Israelis)

There is also the sheet size of land that is seized.

for you to claim it's hyperbole is a brand new level of gobsmacking ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Zionism = believing that Israel should exist. That's the belief of the vast majority of jews. Dividing Jews into good and bad ones and saying that the majority are "bloodthirsty"/greedy/whatever antisemitic trope seems to be ok to use these days, and not the "good" ones, they're ok, you can tolerate them, is still anti semitism lol

Hes not saying Jews. Calling out Israel and it's government does not equal criticism of Jews, Judaism, jewish people or culture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Have seen people call a knife a banana though (this morning, above),

Haha that's not what I said.. Love the way people can screw others posts to suit their narrative. Still no better footages provided? Well I'm gonna wait what police will say, you know think they are better in their job, than some rando posting some low quality video and shouting Zionists at the same time.

"She could well have a banana in her hand" -xhomelezz.

Well not quite what you said but not less absurd

Droll again.

There's also a difference between someone who believes in a 2 state solution who is a zionist, and a bloodthirsty zionist who, as evidenced in the post you quoted, want to commit genocide of Palestine, all of its people, and to wipe it off the map.

Again, it is not antisemitic to condemn bloodthirsty zionism, genocide, etc.

Do better than watering down the definition of antisemitism.

"She could well have a banana in her hand.."

Literally what you said, despite your meager effort to backpedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,345 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

As if anyone cares - the word antisemitism means nothing anymore. It has been abused and milked for all it is worth at this stage.

I didn't say she had a banana in her hand , did I ?

Same for you, I didn't say she had banana in her hand, you've presented low quality video, so I said she could well have a banana in her hand...

Or maybe it's my English, but I think it was easy to see what I meant

Some winners in this thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭Odhinn

What was warned about appears to have come to be -

"At least 30 child victims of malnutrition have been recorded in Gaza,
    but almost all died in the north, until recently the area with the most
    extreme shortages of food and medical care, where a top US aid official
    said famine had taken hold in some areas."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jun/02/children-die-malnutrition-rafah-famine-gaza-israeli-troops-aid-strip

Of course, I'll take it in baby steps for you, you've posted a video, thanks to great quality of it, I couldn't see a knife, so I said she could well have a banana in her hand. Dunno what's actually wrong with it. Any evidence that she actually had a knife in her hand? Any word from police on it? See I don't watch or see all the news related to this conflict, so not sure. But pretty sure you can give me update on it yourself. Instead of posting about the same shít quality picture...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭thereiver

While the war in gaza is going on the settlers are stealing land from palestinians making a 2 state solution impossible in the future .If this reckless bombing of civilians continues israel will become a pariah state among the international community.the idf seems to be doing its best to only allow a bare minimum of food water and medical supplys to reach rafah while also putting aid workers in a dangerous situation whereas

they risk their lives to provide aid to innocent civilians women and children .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Was the "two state solution" ever going to really work?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭batman75

A central problem is that the Israeli people have been conditioned to believe that Palestinians are inferior to them. That their lives don't matter. The Israeli state has by stealth since 1948 being taking ever more Palestinian land. Somehow the Israeli state has been allowed to turn Gaza initially into the largest open air prison in the world and now destroy most of the infrastructure there.

The attack by Hamas on October 7th was wrong. No question about that but sadly it was inevitable. Israel's genocide has done it's international reputation colossal damage. It's encouraging to see a Palestinian State being recognised by more and more countries. Netanyahu is a modern day Hitler who views Palestinians like the Nazi's viewed Jews. It really is the ultimate irony.

What's even more tragic is that the horror of the Holocaust has been weaponised by the Israeli state to silence criticism in conjunction with anti semitism. The Zionist doctrine of from the river to the sea makes a two state solution impossible.

Whilst the United States continues to be an impartial actor in the Middle East there will not be a two state solution. It's veto in the UN also makes a mockery of the UN. The Jewish lobby in the U.S. is so powerful that no American President will call Israel truly to account for it's actions. Yet another impediment to peace.

Their seems to be gathering talk that the future of Israel as a country. Netanyahu has arguably damaged Israel more than any of it's enemies since 1948. The Palestinian people must be allowed economic freedom and a safe and secure border free from interference by Israel. Israel cannot defeat Hamas. Hamas is as much an ideology as a military force.

not with Rabins assassins in control of Israel for 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Greyfox

No it was never going to work,it's like when the cowboys and Indian's fought, the cowboys eventually won, the only difference is it will tale Israel a bit longer to completely win.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

Yes, it's incredibly clear that people don't see Palestinians as humans equal to themselves.

Igotadose thinks it's hyperbole to care about the "tiny" number of settlers, "tiny" meaning literally thousands and thousands every year. It is only possible to think this if you don't see the people being killed and displaced as human.

Hundreds of people were killed in the West Bank in 2023 before October 7th, and it is just completely and utterly irrelevant to people like him. 81 children killed in the West Bank in 2023. Completely irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Except the word zionism has been co-opted by the right wing.

I believe in a two state solution. One of those states is Israel.

Therefore I would be a zionist. However the simple fact that I support a two state solution, a withdrawal of Israeli forces from Palestinian land and a total dismantlement of the settlements means that most of the people who call themselves zionists today would say that I'm anti Israel. The fact that I think Israel is committing war crimes would mean that I would be considered anti israel.

Zionism has come to mean total and complete support for any and all policies from the far right wing of zionism. That means supporting all military action. Supporting the occupation of Palestinian land. Supporting the expansion of settlements. And it's that right wing that decided it should mean that.

So if you have a problem with zionism being a bad word, and with zionists being considered bad people, you should be complaining about the right wing in Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I mean, if you mis-define any word...

'Naziism = believing the German state should exist' therefore if you're opposed to Nazism, you must want to eradicate all Germans.

Zionism has lots of meanings, but when people are opposed to Zionism in the context of the war in Gaza, it's almost always opposition to those Zionists who want to expand Israel into the entire 'promised land's and expel any non Jewish inhabitants who do not agree to live as subjects in that land.

Zionists in this context are supremacists when they're Jewish, or when their Christians practicing 'christian zionism' it's part of a doomsday cult trying to foment an actual apocalypse by fulfilling biblical prophecy.

Most Jewish people around the world are not Zionists and are appalled at what the state of Israel are doing now in their name under the control of maniacs like Netanyahu.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Maldives announces ban on Israeli passport holders from entering the country. Status as a total rogue state is gaining pace

• Advertisement

Maldives is 99 percent Muslim.

Gaza is 99 percent Muslim.

Advertisement