Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭batman75

We may avoid an attack on Israel by Iran. Talk of a ceasefire in Gaza in exchange for no attack by Tehran.

In saying that Iran was humiliated by the assassination of Haniyeh whilst a guest in Tehran for the President's inauguration. It might be a loss of face for the regime not too retaliate

October 7th and Israel's response looks like it has changed the landscape in the Middle East for good

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭whatever.

It's all over when Iran demonstrate fire their first nuclear weapon.

At that point Israel will have lost their advantage and preserving the oil will be the number one US policy.

This will mean the extermination of the jews and the world will watch as it does now.

Israel is too arrogant to see that peace is how you survive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

What a bizarre post. If Iran demonstrate a nuclear capability I'd see a premtive strike on their facilities coming with tactical Nuclear weapons.

I'm not sure if your 'this will see the extermination of the jews' as a plant and anti semitism or a genuine belief. It's never going to happen so don't worry about it.

We are lucky in Europe to have the Germans,Czechs,Austrians ,UK and more steadfast behind Israel. It warms the heart . Obviously the Americans are playing a wait and see. Iran are in a bind. Do they retaliate...can they even do so effectively ? I'm not sure they can. Any which way you look at it..it was a pretty audacious assassination by the Shin Bet. If I was Israel I'd keep the assassinations up and keep turning up the heat on Iran and wait for the over reaction and then America and UK can get involved and take action directly on the Revolutionary guards ect.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Whats your position on the colonisation of the West Bank, Arab East Jerusalem etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

• Advertisement

Or a 'not talking at all at all' point in this case, though the total silence says something in itself, I find.

Keep building the settlements..steady as she goes. Don't deviate and keep building in strategic places. Make the West bank totally unviable. This is a battle of survival now. The two state solution was finally put to bed on October 7th. Israel might not have an opportunity as good again to secure itself.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭batman75

You do realise those settlements are on another country's territory and hence are illegal. You then wonder why there is such scorn for Israel and Israelis. Your post is disgusting and truly abhorrent. Just so you know a Palestinian life has equal merit to that of an Israeli.

As for the two state solution myth that was put to bed in 1995 with the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,923 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Don't forget the UDA et al. They are big fans of your profile flag too. Probably similar yearning for the glory days of the "Empire" too.

I actually referred to it quietly on one of your posts a few pages back. I see now that you are becoming more explicit and open. The "patriots" went up the North with their "Coolock says no" banner last week too.

You see, the thing is, that in many cases it's not really a principled matter. It is more just looking for a "team" to hide hatred behind. Some people don't like mulims/arabs/whatever. But they can't really come out and just say that. But they can attach to a "cause" which they see killing the people they hate. A kind of whitewashing effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Israel killed the 2 state solution pre 1948 when they enacted plan dalet and started attacking and depopulating palestinian villages

You do know the British completely fucked the middle east too though. Like all colonial superpowers they left a mess and British soldiers watched on in 1947 and 48 while Irgun and Haganah "volunteers" butchered thiusands of Palestinians, forced 10s of thousands of their homes and destroyed their villages.

They even poisoned water sources, which caused approx 60 British soldiers to come down with typhoid. One of the rare occasions they tried to intervene to put an sort of pause on the ethnic cleansing that was being enacted by Zionist groups

Post edited by Weepsie on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cnd0e5w7l96o

Fair play to people like Gill.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭whatever.

Opening with derogatory terms a classical intelligent retort

If Israel had the ability or intelligence it would have struck Iranian development sites and with the implicit backing of the US. It's not as if it is a restrained state.

In addition engaging in the genocide in Gaza weakens it'a external security.

As of May '24 Iran’s nuclear program has reached the point at which, within three weeks, Iran might be able to enrich enough uranium for five fission weapons.

If Israel doesn't make peace and once it's strategic advantage of being the US's nuclear bully puppet in the middle east is lost greater regional conflict will happen sooner or later at which point the US will suddenly find the high ground and be hands off for the "greater good of the world".

Then it'll be hell for leather and the Chinese and Russians will sell endless weapons to Iran and co, each for their own agenda with the eventual invasion and wholesale destruction of Israel and the jewish people there within.

I don't need to remind you but the extermination of jewish people has happened before, so it most certainly can happen and will happen again if the course is not changed.

I don't say the above to derive a satisfaction from a "I told you so" moment sometime in the future. I say it because that is inevitable path and maybe just maybe someone reading might change the path for region towards peace and equity.

https://www.iranwatch.org/our-publications/articles-reports/irans-nuclear-timetable-weapon-potential

Post edited by whatever. on

Just another school and mosque bombed overnight by the idf. 60 killed, scores more injured and more likely to die as a result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Interesting to see pro-Palestine protestors at Harris's rallys stateside. You'd think they'd be more anti-trump than Harris,

Maybe this post of mine is better suited to an "Americans are nuts" thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did you see RTE are saying 'more than 100'?

Sky New - 'more than 60'

BBC News 'dozens'

Awful either way but they sure are some varying numbers.

They Naively think a smiling and folksy Kamala is going to lead to a radical change in American policy towards Israel. Even if she was minded to cut off the arms supply to Israel she isn't going to announce it while running for office. With Donald desperate to find something to attack her about such a move would be giving him an open goal.

And for those keeping score, and those posters who wrongly claimed that Bidens administration had stopped exporting weapons to Israel, updated figures for june.

Value of weapons exports to Israel went up from 58 million to 76 million between May and June.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/statistics/product/atp/atpg09.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,795 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The issue is that the Zionists don't regard the Palestinian Arabs as an entity and rather they are just "temporary occupiers" until the real owners come home. The Romans threw the Jews out of Judea and then the Arabs moved in around 600AD and have lived there for 1,400 years, cultivating date farms and establishing communities, then in late 1800s Rothchild started the zionist movement to make Aliyah and "return home" ostensibly for good reasons as there had been persecution of the Jews for 100s of years and so the return to Judea would be to a safe place.

What is not recognised is that the Arab population had been living there for 1,400 years, longer than most countries existed. They are regarded merely as tenants on Jewish land

It would be like the Norwegians coming back to claim Dublin for themselves as it was originally a Viking property and the Irish had no right to it.

60 is dozens.. literally 5 dozen and they clarify that in the story . Rte have decided to go with the Hamas figure rather than the health ministry figure which is what most tend to report

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I always thought saying 'dozens' diminishes a number some what, '60' sounds like a lot more. Might be just me though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Indeed, they should really be at the trump rallys waving their palestinian flags and calling for him to change his stance because if they convince both candidates they might actually see some real change happening next year

RTE has tacked so far to the left that it's bizarre now. Taking the most extreme figures from Hamas. It's bonkers. Terrible tragedy all the same. Hamas and Islamic Jihad have no care for their own people. They just use them as shields and Israel are right to keep going after the terrorists. The loss of civilian life is awfull but Iv no doubt there are command centres in among the civilians

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

You've no proof, and Israel has never really provided any and historically, has found to have been wrong in a rather large amount of its claims that bomb targets were Hamas sites. Especially in 2014.

It's a very convenient excuse for them, always is and they've never been held to account over it. Some people just lap up their misinformation as gospel

The official dead has been revised upwards to 80 now.

Rte isn't particularly left either. It may be slightly left of centre at most but It's a network that has attacked unions and staff on strike repeatedly, especially nurses, bus and train drivers and teachers because it's a soft target. It's also gone pretty softly on an historically centre right government too so again not sure where you think they are so to the left. Between this and your made up stuff about left wing democrats in the US I wonder do you understand what being on the left actually is?

And why is always the left. The far right of many countries pride themselves on their antisemitism. NeoNazis of the world's are rejoicing and Israel bombing Palestine to oblivion and and salivating at the prospect of Israel being wiped out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rogber

You have "no doubt" despite the fact the Israeli government and army lie all the time and have killed countless civilians, aid workers, children and women when there are no terrorists among them. All your belief shows is that you support a murderous, pathological regime, because no matter who Israel murder it's always followed by "there were Hamas people there", which is often a total lie

I could be wrong but i think Peggy has to equate all criticism , and actual instances of anti semitism as coming from far the left for two reasons: they are not a fan of far left politics and Peggy doesn't like to think criticism of Israel, much less actual anti semitism could come from the right because his ideology is that of the right; an apologist for empire and colonalism; an advocate for political violence/terrorism so long as its the side he supports .

You are most definitely wrong but you probably know that. There is definitely still anti semitism on the right but it's the explosion if it on the left over the past 20 years that's the real concern.. From Labour in the UK to PBP and the general left in Ireland . The right is largely pro Israel at this stage for a wide variety of reasons.

I'd be very much anti violence unless it's a self defence or aggressive defence as we see now in Israel. There ll always be a need for the 'rough men ' to use arms and willing to do their worst. Ireland has largely been insulated from that fact by the UK since Independence. We are all Colonisers at some stage in our ancestors past. Id say Ireland did more colonising than the vast majority of Europeans.. Australia..America post 1700 and again post 1840s especially. And NZ...Canada.. Please don't rabbit on about it not being a choice ect... The Irish had the same reasons as the majority of Europeans... how long before we hear ....'Famine'... 123.... Cromwell...then oppression. Only a few thousand Irish people prior to1916 were wallowing ...then all of a sudden it became a national 'fact' when Patrick Pearse,Charlie Burgess ect pulled their rebellion and destroyed the country.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,036 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You are slipping a little now. Not up to standard at all.

So you should be okay with Palestinians fighting back given they have been getting beating down by Zionist troops for 80 years if youre okay with self defense?

The rest of your post is just disgraceful and just shows an incredible ignorance of any sort of facts of history. Trying to equate what was essentially forced migration to violent colonialism is quite frankly disgusting

• Advertisement

I am most definitely not wrong, plenty of criticism of Israel comes from the right. Speaking of knowing things , you know full well the majority of criticism of Israel is not anti semitism , but it suits you to throw out that lazy trope to deflect criticism of Israeli crimes.

Also trying to justify Israeli crimes as aggressive defense is nonsense. You called for them to complete the take over on the West Bank in the name of self defense. Yet if this doctrine was applied to Israel under the term agressive self defense you'd be quick to call it for what it is, terrorism.

The rest of your post is just whitewashing the crimes of empire. Trying to equate what was in the main economic migration with British colonisation is disingenous in the extreme.

Advertisement