Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,000 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

US intelligence confirm Israel were warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭McFly85

Has any news agency verified the claims about the babies?

Dont get me wrong, I think Hamas are well capable of it, but something as horrific as that will create a lot of public anger and justification of retaliation in Gaza.

So it’s not crazy to ask if there’s any source that has verified it.

After all, if a Palestinian in Gaza said the IDF stormed a hospital and decapitated babies, would you just believe them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

Unbelievable from an attorney. There is only one answer and they are scared to say it.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

That's what's elected leader do

90% distraction 10% action

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Predictably, another glib response.

An eye witness who was there, who testified about it to a reputable media outlet. You have absolutely no information that they were there as a soldier - this is disinformation on your part, purely your own fabrication. This is something you have jumped on to avoid engaging with the evidence. It was a music festival attended by civilians where Hamas raped and executed at will. Or are all the deaths of civilians at the festival an invention too?

Do you dispute that entire families were executed by Hamas?

Or are you trying to discredit that also?

Do you accept it is possible, given such a horrific attack, that rapes and mutilations also occurred? It must be considered a serious and realistic possibility in such a sequence of horrific attacks.

Why is it every such claim is therefore met by default by you with automatic attempts to discredit or glib responses therefore? Reserving judgment is one thing, but that is not what you are doing.

What kind of evidence do you think would be forthcoming from such an attack, when victims are executed or abducted as hostages? Well?

You won't accept any evidence provided by reputable outlets so if you want more evidence - as you seem to do - you can go looking for it in the dregs of the internet to satisfy yourself. It seems to be the only proof you will accept because any claims made by the victims themselves you will no doubt try to discredit also, as you have already done so with eye witness testimony.

It is plain to see any excuse will be deployed in your posts to avoid condemning Hamas atrocities.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭eggy81

Why can’t anyone give an honest answer anymore. If Russia did it it would against international law. I think it’s time we just accept there are sides to all of this conflict and just say we are on the side of the us and stop playing dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Will you stop, just stop . All sane posters here know that what hamas did was horrible but you are now attempting to justify the wholesale slaugher of Palestinians . Palestinians that have been herded into a small parcel of land and persecuted for decades. Its actually frightening to think that the Israeli authorities believe that by slaughtering Palestinians they will somehow "win". More likely this bombardment could bring about even more attacks on Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Beheading babies and raping -and torturing women is fighting for freedom? Really?

Thats a warped and disturbing view to be honest. Take a good look at yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Going to over react? What would you call denying a civilian population water electricity and fuel? How is that targeting hamas military targets or infrastructure?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Hummingbird Project

I’d be interested who took what steps behind the scenes when Ireland was the only country in Europe not to fly the Israeli flag? Was it Martin? His own party have bad history in sympathising with the Jewish people.

There’s seems to be scrambling and strategising but you can’t strategise and put your own countries national interests, or in the case of Ireland, what appears to be anti-Israeli sentiment first o this case.

There needs to be transparency and the steps taken and reasoning put out in the open. We appear to be a terrrosit sympathising state now, the only one in the EU.

Where or when did I ever justify the wholesale slaughter of any group?

Will people please please stop twisting my words.

All I have said is that you cannot compare people being caught in crossfire or being killed during bombing campaigns to a terrorist group rampaging around butchering babies and doing unspeakable things to women.

I don’t want to see innocent Palestinians killed wholesale but surely you can agree Hamas should wiped off the face of the earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

We should have put the flag up the weekend. He can't put it up now because some would see of supportive of Israels collective punishment of a whole city to get at a bunch of terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,501 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Disgusting to see ppl attempt to justify the barbarity of what Hamas did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I think it was much more deliberate than that. He didn’t misspeak. He purposefully used the word “saw”.

He set out to convince people, with the full imprimatur of his office, of a lie, of propaganda of another country in a time of war. A lie that will be used to justify the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands of innocent children.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 15,501 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I wouldn’t insult gorillas by comparing them to Hamas.

Maybe if they had their own state, their own army, they would accept peace. How do you know they will never accept peace? What have they been offered for peace? Do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I understand what you're saying but the fact that you speak about any group being "wiped off the face of the earth " shows how little you understand about why people join militant or paramilitary groups. BTW this is not a criticism of you, you are in "good" company with a lot of government powers. The bottom line is if you treat people like **** and deny them equality there will be repercussions. And of course add in a dollop of religious nonsense and it gets even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I most definitely don't know the truth of the claims about the killing of babies as has been reported.

But I do want to ask a question for those who are adamant it did happen.

Does it justify the killing of Palestinian babies if it did happen? And if so, how many, same numbers or what is the ratio?

Because it is a fact that Israel have killed thousands of Palestinian babies so why an outrage about this event (if it did happen) but not the other events?

In my view, the killing of babies (and children, and innocents, and civilians etc etc) is abhorrent and there should be outrage against such acts. But I've seen a lot of commentary about this story justifying Israels response but disregard for the Palestinian babies who have died, who will die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Hummingbird Project

Russia cutting off water,food and gas is completely different and indeed the opposite to Israel doing it at this point.

In Ukraine fighters are on the front lines and not mixed in with civilians. No need to incentivise getting civilians out of Ukraine in that case.

Gaza is densely populated and fighters are mixed in with civilians therefore the need to incentivise getting the civilians out by cutting off essentials.

Moreover, cutting off food and electricity for two weeks max is nothing akin to cutting off gas for a whole winter and you know quite well. In Gaza, The timeframe is not designed for humanitarian casualties but to incentivise getting them out, in Ukraine it is.

Cutting off gas for a whole winter in the freezing Ukrainian winter would kill vast amounts of old people. Not the same with electricity in Gaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭lizzyjane

You will believe anything. You said you believed Biden when he saw beheaded babies even though it has been clarified he didn’t.

You are still claiming Raz Cohen, the eye witness was a female off duty Israeli soldier for goodness sake.

With respect, please don’t talk down to me. I understand perfectly why someone could decide that joining a paramilitary group is their only choice. We’ve seen it happen for decades in this country.

I cannot and will not however accept that what Hamas having been and are continuing to do in Gaza and elsewhere is legitimate or right. Such atrocities should never be condoned no matter what the group involved thinks it’s fighting for.

Hamas and groups like them are terrorists pure and simple and they should be destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Your giving Biden too much credit, he regularly gets confused when speaking.

Go read their charter it's spelled out load and clear what their number one priority is.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

Biden knew what he was saying. Let's be honest it was a discipable thing to do in such a sensitive time.

Advertisement