Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It's not the 1948 borders that are now the problem. It's the West Bank, Arab East Jerusalem and the Golan.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,015 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They can pick cranberry sauce over apple tartar and it still doesn’t factor into a correct decision to not insert loaded language into their war reporting.

Do you accept that the IDF engage in terrorism?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭amandstu

Yes .Didn't I explain why I thought the BBC might have a valid reason for not calling them that?(I have not followed their reporting so I don't have an example off the top of my head where they either did or didn't refer to them as terrorists)

I would be surprised and more than disappointed if they never referred to them as such but I assume there are contexts where people would wish that they did but that they didn't.

I don't think I can comment much more since I haven't been following their coverage over the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭onlymeself

Go on, say it, you know you want to. Call me an Anti-Semite. 🤣. I couldn't give a sh** what cult anyone anywhere follows. It has always amazed me how even some of the most intelligent people can follow any one of the many fantasy deity stories that have been created by humans throughout time. But I have never decided to direct any extra hate towards one over any other.

For one cult to decide their ancient rule book is equivalent to property deeds of a whole country and cause the misery of hundreds of thousands for their own benefit isn't ok with me. You'd swear the god they believe in is above nodding in approval as they cause some of the most devastating suffering imaginable towards the people they displaced in his name.

When someone says they don't agree with Zionists, there's often some ignoramus who confuses this with hatred of Jews. Interesting that! 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

Ok, let's backtrack. The photo you posted, according to you, is of orthodox Jews living in the state of Israel and peacefully protesting against the very existence of that state. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

If you can't accept the existence of one tiny Jewish state on the face of the planet, then, yes, you're an anti-semite. It's really very simple.

.. let’s backtrack to, I didn’t post a photo.

And to answer your question you have that wrong. They are not protesting their own right to exist. They are protesting the IDF as Nazis for engaging in illegal West Bank occupation

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Iamabeliever

Your a fairly impartial poster on boards?

It's very hard to argue with people who think their right even when they clearly haven't a clue.

Did Hamas decapitate babies?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭amandstu

Judaism isn't that special, followers of all religions suffer abuse because of their beliefs and the actions of others who claim to follow the same religion.

There's a hell of a lot of Muslims in recent time that feel like everyone thinks they are crazy terrorists.

Because of the terrible actions of ISIS and the like, many decent Muslims have suffered abuse all over the world.

Because of the terrible actions of Zionists, many decent Jews have suffered abuse all over the world.

Religious extremists seem to do more harm than good.

Nope. Very ignorant comment. Not accepting the ideologies of Zionists does not make anyone an Anti-Semite. You've just called me a racist. Have a think about that, am I really a racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭patnor1011

It is not since it was revised numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Said poster has a track record with fantastic claims (and in this case, posting propaganda directly).

But "war crimes" is getting thrown about so much it's losing it's meaning. The evidence bar for a war crime is very very high and will usually be determined by the victor in a conflict, rightly or wrongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just getting fed up of having to sort the world's problems. I don't blame them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭NSAman

I can honestly say, most are fed up with the BS that is being fed to them. They have finally realised why the world distrusts the USA. They are reading other sources of information, seeing other points of view (tictok ban anyone?) America has kept its populous dumb and fed them lies, people are finally questioning government propaganda!

while the Jewish influence is strong in all things American, there are other liberal minded Jews who are the most incredible people here.

what I see in this thread and also here in the States is the complete polarisation of people. One side saying support the Palestinians you are a supporter of terrorists, the other side saying if you don’t support Israel you are anti-Semitic … can’t people be humanitarian and condemn the violence on both sides but think of the innocents being killed on both sides?

Channel 4 miles clear of anyone else in their coverage. Alex Thomson doing some proper journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

that didn't happen it was an AI generated photo by the way. And if they did, the Israelis are just as bad, do you know how many babies I've seen with blown up faces this week on social media? And babies that were blown into pieces by Israelis? What about the 2 million people left to starve and dehydrate to death on top of being bombed every night and day the last 13 days? They've run out of hospital supplies and are using vinegar to clean wounds ffs.

Stop using that as an argument for which side is 'good or bad'

Innocent men, women and children from both sides are caught up in all of this, no one wins, but the fact remains that what Israel is/has been doing to Palestine is ethnic cleansing and genocide, Hamas disgusting attack on Israel on the 7th October doesn't change that nor does it change the hundreds of people killed by Israel prior to that this year.

*oops didn't mean to quote this poster above*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I’m not sure the precise manner of death is all that relevant. I suspect there have been plenty of horrific deaths over the last few weeks not involving WP. Frankly, even non-horrific death would be preferably avoided.

More to the point, though, WP as used as a munition is subject to the generally same laws as any other munition, as long as it is not air delivered, a caveat specified in the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons, and presumably intended to address firebombing raids like Dresden or Tokyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JTdrummer

Let me add my 2 cents here.

Firstly:

Israel started this war with the dier yassin massacre and the nakba massacre 1947-1948 killing 20,000 innocent palestinian villagers and kids, over 500 villages and towns destroyed on palestinian land in Israels goal to seize palestinian land which was legally owned by palestine as voted for my every country involved In the partition after the british left Palestine. Palestine didn't engage is such acts at the time.

Secondly:

Everytime somebody looks at israel or every country that does and calls them out, suddenly they find themselves at the foot of the holocaust and how they are anti semites and how jews suffered etc etc. However, why is it always the jews that people look at and also the jews themselves? 12 million died in concentration camps, 4 million jews at maximum, the 8 million remaining non jews and nobody talks about them.

How about the 19 million chinese civilians, the rape of nanking, the worst atrocity of the war, babies killed and held up on bayonets or the 10 million russian civilians, and the countless more who had to survive by eating human flesh and also selling human body parts and flesh in order to survive.

Third:

Did you know according to the torah, Jewish bible, that jews are not allowed to have a state until the messiah returns, Allow me to quote these sections.

Biblical Verses Foretelling That G-d Will Send the Jews into Exile

Leviticus 26:33

And if you do not listen to Me, and do not keep all these commandments… and I will scatter you among the nations, and send the sword after you, and your land will be desolate, and your cities destroyed.

Deuteronomy 4:25

I call to witness today heaven and earth that you will perish quickly from the land that you are crossing over the Jordan to possess; you will not stay long on it…And G-d will scatter you among the peoples, and you will be left few in number in the nations where G-d will lead you.

Deuteronomy 11:16

Take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be seduced, and you turn away and serve other gods, and bow to them. Then G-d will be angry at you, and He will close up the heavens and there will be no rain, and the earth will not give its produce, and you will perish quickly from upon the good land that G-d gives you.

Deuteronomy 28:36

G-d will lead you and your king, whom you will appoint over you, to a nation you and your fathers did not know.

Deuteronomy 28:63

You shall be moved off the good land which you come to inherit, and G-d will scatter you among all the nations, from one end of the earth to the other.

Biblical Verses Saying that the Jewish People Will be Gathered in from Exile Only When the Messiah Comes

Isaiah 11:1-12

A royal scepter will emerge from the stock of Jesse, and a sapling will sprout from his roots. The spirit of G-d will rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and power, the spirit of knowledge and fear of G-d… And it shall come to pass on that day, that the L-rd will once again acquire the rest of His people…and He will gather the dispersed of Israel, and the scattered of Judah He will gather from the four corners of the earth.

Ezekiel 37:21-24

So says the L-rd G-d, behold I will take the Children of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from all sides, and I will bring them to their land…and My servant David will be king over them, one shepherd will be for all of them.

Fourth:

Israel is commiting war crimes and at the same time pushing apartheid on the palestinians and keeping them locked up inside ghettos and treated like prisoners and at the mercy of israel who can at any moment attack them whenever they please and have done so on many occasions, it's like they took what happened in the holocaust, learned from it and applied it to use against the palestinians.

Fifth:

Israel has claimed palestinians can leave anytime they want, they also claim that they have given them plenty of time to leave and staying would not be the fault of israel if they die or get hurt, however, did you know hitler also did the same thing? He told the jews to leave and gave them ample time to do so and many didn't leave and so they got rounded up into ghettos and then camps, could germany not use the same logic here and say that because the jews died it is not the fault of the nazis as they had plenty of time to leave? I don't think so, so why does israel get away with it?

Sixth:

Amnesty international works all over the world, did you know they supply the IDF with coordinates of certain areas where they are helping civilans so as not to attack it? Well, amnesty international gave the IDF coordinates before and told them not to bomb this particular hospital/care centre as they where there treating civilans. Israel bombed it anyway and claimed that the coordinates where mistaken for coordinates that they thought was a hamas stronghold, amnesty international didn't believe a word of it and rightly so.

Seventh:

Palestine has no standing Army as israel forbids it, so how is it not a war crime to attack and invade a country with no ability to defend itself and no army of it's own? Excuses are made of course! Things like security reasons, hamas, they use hamas as cover to blow up anything they want even though hamas is underground using tunnels and yet they bomb above ground where civilians are hiding and they claim it was a hamas area we believed had hamas individuals. Lies!

Now i could go on, but I'll stop there, I could show you shocking images of poor babies and children dead by the recent israel attacks on places but it is not allowed and also very upsetting, places where hamas couldn't possibly be but used as such an excuse to kill innocents.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

^^new user, same nonsense. Gotta love the Torah analysis though, I'm sure whoever posted it to Stormfront did a great job. Love me that ignore button.

Israel started this war with the dier yassin massacre and the nakba massacre 1947-1948 killing 20,000 innocent palestinian villagers and kids

Hmm...no.

The war against Hamas started 2-weeks ago.

It was caused by an eschatological, Jihadist terrorist cult massacring 1,400 Israelis.

By saying what you are saying, you absolve and exonerate the real mass murderers of their responsibility - not only for the deaths of the Israelis, but also for the retaliation they have forced the Israelis to inflict on Gaza in reprisal.

To blame Israel for the 1,400 deaths they have suffered at the hands of Jihadi terrorists is nothing more than victim blaming and gaslighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Iamabeliever

The path I was leading the poster I was replying too was that it was false but yet was used as propaganda to justify war.

Trusting what comes out of any side during war time is highly suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seamus4life

Can we just clear up a wee misconception. I have seen many users use the trope " they follow an extreme interpretation of Islam" etc when talking about Hamas etc. There is no such thing!!!! The likes of Hamas, Iran,SA, Hezbollah, Isis, Taliban, boco haram are true followers. The best analogy is buying a wardrobe from IKEA; the Hamas lad follows every page in the assembly book. So called "moderate Muslims" will skip a few of the steps but they will always end up with bits left over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

The attack by Hamas was horrific but I don’t think the escalation by Israel will help them achieve their goals. We saw in Ireland the huge increase of support for PIRA after Bloody Sunday. I suspect Hamas will see the same. Dialogue and cool heads are needed now

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cyo44kuqcub/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Advertisement