Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

I can honestly say, most are fed up with the BS that is being fed to them. They have finally realised why the world distrusts the USA. They are reading other sources of information, seeing other points of view (tictok ban anyone?) America has kept its populous dumb and fed them lies, people are finally questioning government propaganda!

while the Jewish influence is strong in all things American, there are other liberal minded Jews who are the most incredible people here.

what I see in this thread and also here in the States is the complete polarisation of people. One side saying support the Palestinians you are a supporter of terrorists, the other side saying if you don’t support Israel you are anti-Semitic … can’t people be humanitarian and condemn the violence on both sides but think of the innocents being killed on both sides?

• Channel 4 miles clear of anyone else in their coverage. Alex Thomson doing some proper journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

that didn't happen it was an AI generated photo by the way. And if they did, the Israelis are just as bad, do you know how many babies I've seen with blown up faces this week on social media? And babies that were blown into pieces by Israelis? What about the 2 million people left to starve and dehydrate to death on top of being bombed every night and day the last 13 days? They've run out of hospital supplies and are using vinegar to clean wounds ffs.

Stop using that as an argument for which side is 'good or bad'

Innocent men, women and children from both sides are caught up in all of this, no one wins, but the fact remains that what Israel is/has been doing to Palestine is ethnic cleansing and genocide, Hamas disgusting attack on Israel on the 7th October doesn't change that nor does it change the hundreds of people killed by Israel prior to that this year.

*oops didn't mean to quote this poster above*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I’m not sure the precise manner of death is all that relevant. I suspect there have been plenty of horrific deaths over the last few weeks not involving WP. Frankly, even non-horrific death would be preferably avoided.

More to the point, though, WP as used as a munition is subject to the generally same laws as any other munition, as long as it is not air delivered, a caveat specified in the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons, and presumably intended to address firebombing raids like Dresden or Tokyo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 JTdrummer

Let me add my 2 cents here.

Firstly:

Israel started this war with the dier yassin massacre and the nakba massacre 1947-1948 killing 20,000 innocent palestinian villagers and kids, over 500 villages and towns destroyed on palestinian land in Israels goal to seize palestinian land which was legally owned by palestine as voted for my every country involved In the partition after the british left Palestine. Palestine didn't engage is such acts at the time.

Secondly:

Everytime somebody looks at israel or every country that does and calls them out, suddenly they find themselves at the foot of the holocaust and how they are anti semites and how jews suffered etc etc. However, why is it always the jews that people look at and also the jews themselves? 12 million died in concentration camps, 4 million jews at maximum, the 8 million remaining non jews and nobody talks about them.

How about the 19 million chinese civilians, the rape of nanking, the worst atrocity of the war, babies killed and held up on bayonets or the 10 million russian civilians, and the countless more who had to survive by eating human flesh and also selling human body parts and flesh in order to survive.

Third:

Did you know according to the torah, Jewish bible, that jews are not allowed to have a state until the messiah returns, Allow me to quote these sections.

Biblical Verses Foretelling That G-d Will Send the Jews into Exile

Leviticus 26:33

And if you do not listen to Me, and do not keep all these commandments… and I will scatter you among the nations, and send the sword after you, and your land will be desolate, and your cities destroyed.

Deuteronomy 4:25

I call to witness today heaven and earth that you will perish quickly from the land that you are crossing over the Jordan to possess; you will not stay long on it…And G-d will scatter you among the peoples, and you will be left few in number in the nations where G-d will lead you.

Deuteronomy 11:16

Take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be seduced, and you turn away and serve other gods, and bow to them. Then G-d will be angry at you, and He will close up the heavens and there will be no rain, and the earth will not give its produce, and you will perish quickly from upon the good land that G-d gives you.

Deuteronomy 28:36

G-d will lead you and your king, whom you will appoint over you, to a nation you and your fathers did not know.

Deuteronomy 28:63

You shall be moved off the good land which you come to inherit, and G-d will scatter you among all the nations, from one end of the earth to the other.

Biblical Verses Saying that the Jewish People Will be Gathered in from Exile Only When the Messiah Comes

Isaiah 11:1-12

A royal scepter will emerge from the stock of Jesse, and a sapling will sprout from his roots. The spirit of G-d will rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and power, the spirit of knowledge and fear of G-d… And it shall come to pass on that day, that the L-rd will once again acquire the rest of His people…and He will gather the dispersed of Israel, and the scattered of Judah He will gather from the four corners of the earth.

Ezekiel 37:21-24

So says the L-rd G-d, behold I will take the Children of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from all sides, and I will bring them to their land…and My servant David will be king over them, one shepherd will be for all of them.

Fourth:

Israel is commiting war crimes and at the same time pushing apartheid on the palestinians and keeping them locked up inside ghettos and treated like prisoners and at the mercy of israel who can at any moment attack them whenever they please and have done so on many occasions, it's like they took what happened in the holocaust, learned from it and applied it to use against the palestinians.

Fifth:

Israel has claimed palestinians can leave anytime they want, they also claim that they have given them plenty of time to leave and staying would not be the fault of israel if they die or get hurt, however, did you know hitler also did the same thing? He told the jews to leave and gave them ample time to do so and many didn't leave and so they got rounded up into ghettos and then camps, could germany not use the same logic here and say that because the jews died it is not the fault of the nazis as they had plenty of time to leave? I don't think so, so why does israel get away with it?

Sixth:

Amnesty international works all over the world, did you know they supply the IDF with coordinates of certain areas where they are helping civilans so as not to attack it? Well, amnesty international gave the IDF coordinates before and told them not to bomb this particular hospital/care centre as they where there treating civilans. Israel bombed it anyway and claimed that the coordinates where mistaken for coordinates that they thought was a hamas stronghold, amnesty international didn't believe a word of it and rightly so.

Seventh:

Palestine has no standing Army as israel forbids it, so how is it not a war crime to attack and invade a country with no ability to defend itself and no army of it's own? Excuses are made of course! Things like security reasons, hamas, they use hamas as cover to blow up anything they want even though hamas is underground using tunnels and yet they bomb above ground where civilians are hiding and they claim it was a hamas area we believed had hamas individuals. Lies!

Now i could go on, but I'll stop there, I could show you shocking images of poor babies and children dead by the recent israel attacks on places but it is not allowed and also very upsetting, places where hamas couldn't possibly be but used as such an excuse to kill innocents.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

^^new user, same nonsense. Gotta love the Torah analysis though, I'm sure whoever posted it to Stormfront did a great job. Love me that ignore button.

Israel started this war with the dier yassin massacre and the nakba massacre 1947-1948 killing 20,000 innocent palestinian villagers and kids

Hmm...no.

The war against Hamas started 2-weeks ago.

It was caused by an eschatological, Jihadist terrorist cult massacring 1,400 Israelis.

By saying what you are saying, you absolve and exonerate the real mass murderers of their responsibility - not only for the deaths of the Israelis, but also for the retaliation they have forced the Israelis to inflict on Gaza in reprisal.

To blame Israel for the 1,400 deaths they have suffered at the hands of Jihadi terrorists is nothing more than victim blaming and gaslighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Iamabeliever

The path I was leading the poster I was replying too was that it was false but yet was used as propaganda to justify war.

Trusting what comes out of any side during war time is highly suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seamus4life

Can we just clear up a wee misconception. I have seen many users use the trope " they follow an extreme interpretation of Islam" etc when talking about Hamas etc. There is no such thing!!!! The likes of Hamas, Iran,SA, Hezbollah, Isis, Taliban, boco haram are true followers. The best analogy is buying a wardrobe from IKEA; the Hamas lad follows every page in the assembly book. So called "moderate Muslims" will skip a few of the steps but they will always end up with bits left over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

The attack by Hamas was horrific but I don’t think the escalation by Israel will help them achieve their goals. We saw in Ireland the huge increase of support for PIRA after Bloody Sunday. I suspect Hamas will see the same. Dialogue and cool heads are needed now

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cyo44kuqcub/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Trusting what comes out of any side during war time is highly suspect

The adage is true, that truth is the first victim of war.

But that doesn't mean we have to believe nothing.

Often at points during war the evidence is so compelling that it cannot be dismissed as propaganda. The overwhelming catalogue of evidence that Palestinian Islamic Jihad was responsible for the errant missile that landed in a hospital car park, is a good example. I don't believe this is the case because the Israeli's told me, but because of independent evidence and analysis, from multiple sources, that corroborate the claim.

Hamas are habitual liars. But what else would I expect from an organization that brutalizes innocent babies and women.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Iamabeliever

Send link to this impartial independent evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

You see Hamas don’t see all Israelis as innocent.

Military conscription is mandatory is Israel, everyone is a target in their eyes.

Hamas won’t be finished after all this, Israel know this.

The Big Lie in action, courtesy of Flapjacks. Keeps repeating the newest Blood Libel for the lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,156 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Of course they are different interpretations of all religious texts, a trope would actually be attempting to portray Islam in it's correct form - following all the steps in the IKEA manual if you will - as a hate filled repressive religion. The Qur'an has problematic paragraph's, in the Medinan verses to be specific contrasted with the Meccan verses but if you can show me a religious text that is free from problematic parts I would be amazed.

All of these works of fiction were written in a different world pretty much, some written over the course of decade's, by various contributers and then were edited and rewritten as time went on.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭howiya

Nobody is forced to retaliate. The responsibility for that lies with Netanyahu and his government.

Hamas are responsible for their actions. Israel are responsible for their actions.

In blaming Hamas for Israels actions all you are doing is the exact same as the poster you are quoting except with a different timeline. He started way back when. You picked two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭onlymeself

That's a very strong accusation and isn't justified.

Opposing the idea of a Jewish state based on Zionism is not anti-Semitic. I don't disagree with there being a Jewish state based on race, I object to it on a political and ideological basis. That's not racism as I'm not motivated by hatred or prejudice against Jewish people. Not once have I expressed bigotry or hatred towards Jewish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Sounds like a lot of the same posters on here agree with war crimes and the slaughter of innocent civilians right now.

What Israel is doing is like Britain bombing the most populated cities in Ireland after an IRA attack on a British city, you would be ok with that it seems. Absolutely crazy way of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

That's not right Roshane. I am sure you will also agree that Israel paying benefits to Israeli terrorists like Irgun was wrong also . Also you will be condemning any soliders that are found to be complicit in these attacks on Palestinians in the West Bank and wanting to see them charged and dismissed from the IDF . As we know the IDF comes down heavy on transgressors within its own ranks. Oh wait....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67173344

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Rezident

Sounds like you are living in the past. But we can't live in the past, time marches forwards. The reason Putin invaded Ukraine is because he is viewing it from the past perspective.

If you choose to live in the past, then the Jews were on the land before, 3,500 years ago. Do you see the problem with living in the past?

If you want to pick a side (and you do not have to, if you saw a wino and a heroin addict fighting on O'Connell St, would you 'pick a side' and jump in or avoid?) then why not pick the side with democracy, LGBT rights and free speech instead of the cult of intolerance and mysogyny that only seems to want to kill its neighbours?

One side wants to live in peace, the other simply does not. Why choose war over peace?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭combat14

how is israel suppose to deal with people who slaughter hundreds at a concert like the electric picnic .. and kidnap hundreds of innocent people?

give them teddy bears and make them cups of tea ..

we need to get real here hamas have shown themselves to be barbaric terrorists like ISIS .. is the general consensus that rabid dogs need to be put down so they cant cause massive destruction again correct or should israel set hamas free to cause carnage and slaughter again?

or is there some other way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

It's not a good week for Biden, it's a great week for Biden.

You have to remember he's a President running for reelection first and foremost. And, in that context, he's had a good week while his rivals have had a terrible week.

Everything is political.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

Aerial view, i never realized how close the green area's where people were resting and kids sleeping was to where it landed. given the size of that blast probably anyone within 100 meters had no chance.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Then you look at the trees with no damage blast or otherwise then realise no that didn't happen either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

So the solution is to wipe Palestine out entirely? Cause that's the approach Israel is following and it will just end up radicalizing future generations for decades to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Adorable people are still tryna fall for the Hamas rubbish.

Advertisement