Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭amandstu

It is obvious to everyone.

If they say it,believe them.

Would you join a march where this chant was made?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

There is a world of proof. From reports to video going back years.

If you won't look at what people are pointing out to you it is disingenuous to shout "no proof"

This is a great video showing many video reports through the years along with up to date evidence from years of various methods of surveillance

https://youtu.be/JoN9HwlLUTk?si=nZB6CJNFQznIwsG9

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Are you asking me if I went to any pro Palestine marches? Why in the fk would I go to such a thing

Because, then you might know what you're talking about instead of parroting right wing narratives.

Nethanyahu went to the UN with a map of the region with no Palestine on it, were you equally aggrieved with what he was implying?

When you talk about releasing hostages, are you talking about the 200 odd Israelis held in Gaza?

Or the 1500 Palestinians held without charge in Israeli jails?

Or the 2M Palestinians corralled in to Gaza and only able to exist at the whim of the Israeli government and military?

Which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

this is just hasbara propaganda, nobody outside hard line israel supporters are buying it.

sure, there are a couple of extreme idiots on the march but the marches are ultimately against genocide.

both successive israely governments and hamas believe in from the river to the sea, so hard line israel supporters have no case to be complaining about the chant being used.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

The vast majority of people who are attending marches are not saying it though. So why aren't you focused on what they are saying?

I mean surely what is obvious is what is happening rather than what could be happening

• Advertisement

this is more hasbara propaganda.

they won't be invaded if they secure their borders, not that they were ever actualy invaded anyway but rather did the invading a plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,648 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

How do you explain Israel so badly losing the PR battle? It's evident that large swathes of public opinion in the West regards them as barefaced liars and very possibly the real aggressor at this point of the conflict - this cannot be explained for a moment by supposed 'anti-Semitism'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'm of course talking about actual civilian hostages, not combatants held as prisoners. But let's get back to the claim that these marches are for these two countries to coexist in peace. Where are the Israeli flags? I mean apart from those burned or stomped on.

Look, a map.

It may be that the chant is not being sung all the time.

But when it is sung ,do we see groups of people disassociating themselves from it?

It is well publicized in the news and it was mooted that pro palestinian marches should be banned for that sort of a reason.

People in the marches must know of the chant and either approve of its sentiment or prefer to "hear no evil" and accept specious justifications for its use.

I remember when Nasser was accused of using the phrase and it appears even then it was denied.

.https://www.algemeiner.com/2014/02/20/did-arab-states-really-promise-to-push-jews-into-the-sea-yes/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

People don't read into anything, they read a headline and a picture. "Israel Bomb school with picture of dead baby" it'll be ignored that Hamas used the grounds to launch rockets or gather munitions.

The so called "PRESS" you see running around like paparazzi in Gaza chasing the dead civilian pictures work alongside Hamas, they are only allowed release pictures that Hamas approves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Only another 5,980,000 murders to commit to equal the holocaust number. At this rate they’ll achieve this number within 3 years while “defending” themselves

That is factually untrue .

The fact you are repeatedly calling every post you don't like " hasbara propaganda" is just silly.

It shows a real immaturity and an inability for discourse

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

2006 wasn't a full war, they sent a small force in response to the Hez attack, probably should have been.

They won't make that mistake again.

Given the size of Hezbollah, the 100k rockets they have, the proven fighting ability,their probable lack of intel, Israel won't have the luxury of targeted strikes, Door knocks, and long warnings to communities to flee.

It will be Gaza but aggressive and speed will be of urgency, destroy all Hezbollah targets, Lebanese army, state assets, govt, bridges, dams,

If Lebanon choose war, they can't expect to be a barely functional society for many years to come, yet that looks like the route they are going down, they always choose war.

The price inflicted should be so severe that no Lebanese govt will allow it again for a century.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

@Weepsie - "Saudi ARabai is 155th on the Freedom index, israel 67th I think. Ireland is 6th."

And where is Hamas, I guess 666th?

No, you don't get to do that.

A - Palestinians held without charge ARE civilian hostages.

B - Are you seriously comparing a civilian at a march versus the PM of a country at the UN? Seriously?

It is well publicized in the news and it was mooted that pro palestinian marches should be banned for that sort of a reason.

It was publicized in right wing media and mooted by the most right wing Home secretary the UK has ever had in an effort to silence the public. Something she did while dogwhistling far right hooligans who caused the trouble at the Cenotaph she pretended she wanted to prevent.

Wow, what a post.

You think the Jews are entitled to 'an eye for an eye' type retribution?

Tell me, are they just permitted to pick off anyone to make up the numbers or what did the Palestinians do to deserve to be part of this score settling you're referring to? (Don't say Oct 7th, Israel has been killing Palestinians way before that)

And as such the issue was well known to the general public.

Do you refuse to say whether or not you would join a march where this chant was being made?

A - no, they aren't.

B - I'm not comparing anything and I'm not going to entertain this whataboutery.

the only ones responsible for killing that family are the israely military.

israel is not in a state of war formal or otherwise, they are simply claiming it to justify border expansion.

it is israel who are chosing war with lebanon because they have been trying to take territory from it for decades, lebanon is simply defending itself from israely border expansion and as the military are not able to put up a strong defense a molissia are being used to carry out gurrilla tactics.

israel may have bombed lebanon back to the stone age but that is all they were able to do, their ground forces suffered very heavy losses and they were sent back over the border.

• Advertisement

Civilians captured by one side are hostages.

Civilians captured by other side are not hostages.

And an unnamed, unidentified marchers amongst thousands is somehow equivalent to a countries PM speaking officially.

Do you see how ridiculous these arguments are when laid out in black and white? These are the hoops you're jumping through to justify Palestinians being killed.

No wonder you're refusing to explain your logic, no one could do so objectively.

reports from years ago does not constitute proof of what is happening now, just that something happened years ago.

ergo, israel have no proof for their claims of what is happening now.

You're asking me how I would act in a hypothetical situation which hasn't occurred. You should realize that if that is where you need to go to in order to try to negate my argument, you've already lost.

P.S. the issue the provocative home secretary alluded to didn't occur. It was fear mongering and all she did was rile up racists who showed themselves for what they are.

From years ago right up to now.

Even hamas released their own videos showing these tunnels.

The proof is being laid out in front of you but instead the pointless contraian is the route you have chosen.

Goodnight

Let's figure out the marches first, once you admit that they are in fact pro Hamas anti-Israel marches we can discuss the other points.

it was a full war, started by israel who engaged in incursions across the border into lebanon.

they heavily bombed the country but their ground forces suffered such heavy losses that they had to withdraw as public opinion in israel was turning against it's government.

israel's ground forces won't win any war with lebanon because gurrilla tactics by hesbolla will inflict very heavy losses, hence israel will only have air strikes at their disposal and given they have lost the war for public opinion in relation to the genocide of palestine, they will lose the same with their attempt to genocide lebanon.

lebanon simply defend themselves against israely aggression, if israel stayed within it's borders as set out in 1948 they would have no issues.

Lol. Try again.

You think millions of people worldwide simultaneously decided to display their allegiance to Hamas?

Not even Israeli PR outlets are claiming this, that's how wide of the mark you are.

I'll take your desire to not respond to the other points as the lack of a valid response you've shown it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

So far, 2 weeks into the ground invasion, the IDF have released zero footage of tunnels under buildings like schools, mosques, health facilities (the buildings they be bombing) etc...

Nobody is saying there's no tunnels in Gaza, but the IDF bombing buildings and refugee camps, killing civilians and their justification is that there's tunnels and bunkers under them, yet zero evidence of said tunnels.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Lebanon has 8bn in its reserves. A currency devalued by 90%, it doesn't even have a Permanent central bank head. It is a barely functioning State as is. If it goes to war against Israel, it won't even be that for 30 years to come.

The northern border was fairly peaceful since 2006 and the last significant Hezbollah attack.

That's purely on Hezbollah.

It might be necessary for Israel after a war, to draw a short straight line from Golan to Tyre and take it as a security buffer,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Did you specifically join Boards today to inform people what is Israeli propaganda and what isn’t?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Advertisement