Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

It only works if you sack their cities and ethnic cleanse them to such an extent that they cannot group again as their own distinct and identifiable entity.

Yes, those brave Israelis defending themselves and their borders from radical Islam.

Can you imagine if the UK were still displacing Irish people in the Republic and settling hundreds of thousands of people around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I don't think that poster was attempting to justify Israel's behavior, and there's more than a hint o Holocaust denial in its response (that obsession with 6 million is kind of a giveaway.)

Scurrilous post, I'd add the poster to the ignore list.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭brickster69

UK media issued D - notices to not mention special forces operating in the middle east.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He doesn't want it because he fears the cost but things can have a moment of their own. There is an understanding about the tit for tat exchange but things can get carried away on the ground.

It's not out of any love for Palestinians. It isn't that long ago really when his own forces were treating them like shi7 and butchering them.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Provide more accurate maps, or explain it quickly. You can't just link to a 35-minute video and consider Israel's expansion a done topic. The point I was making is that taking land is not defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If Israel's true aim is to defeat Hamas, why haven't they requested the Qatar to arrest the leader of Hamas, Ismail Haniyeh?

Like this is who you want me to watch for 35 minutes, to try and explain that Israel isn't taking Palestinian land?

At least now I know where you guys are getting all your extreme arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Leaving outside the use of the abortion analogy, I don't think it is particularly necessary, I don't know how the advocates of Israels response can't consider the following.

Hundred's of thousands of Palestinian kids are seeing their homes/neighborhoods/family/friends being blown to bits by the Israeli army. They are seeing extremely decisive rhetoric from Israeli officials and less extreme but none the less decisive rhetoric from other leaders worldwide. They are seeing their people being forced to abandon the tiny patch of land they have clung to for decades in an effort to have a home. And they are dying, in their thousands.

Do Israel supporters at this point not think that these children will grow up with a fervent hatred of the Israeli state because of what it is doing to them? This is the most acrimonious the conflict has been between Israel and Palestine probably since the war of 1948. Hamas exists partly because of the impact seeing hundreds of his community killed by Israel had on one of its co-founders.

The scale of the disproportionality of the Israeli response, coupled with the statements from their officials, is surely doing more in forming future resistance to Israel than it is bringing peace to the region.

The only way that it can conceivably bring peace is if it results in the obliteration of so many Palestinians in Gaza and the removal of those who remain so that Gaza no longer exists as a Palestinian entity. Then the warmongers will say, look, there is no longer hatred, ignoring the genocide they have supported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Hamas’s use of hospitals and other civilian facilities for command and control and weapons storage is a “violation of the laws of war”.

How can anyone be on the same side as Hamas? How?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭circadian

I don't know how many times it has to be repeated, there's no one here on the side of Hamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭applehunter

Can you imagine if the UK were still displacing Irish people in the Republic and settling hundreds of thousands of people around the country.

We don't need the UK, our own government have been doing it to us for the last 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

beginning to think I need it as my signature...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That sort of propaganda only works on gullible eejits.

1) Footage emerges of an Israeli sniper shooting a lone Palestinian woman - walking down an otherwise empty street - in the head.

2) The IDF release a statement that there was a top Hamas command and control centre in the half-empty shopping bag she was carrying.

3) Standard boards.ie gullible wannabe-zionist response to assertions that Israel were bold boys for killing her - "But how can anyone be on the same side as a group of terrorists who hide their control centres in women's shopping bags and use them as human shields? How?"

A good explainer for some to try and understand.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Nermal

Here's the evidence:

Scroll down through the list of just the people the Met are actively looking for.

Bear in mind that the Met are, frankly, frightened of Islamists, and needed to be actively forced by political pressure into doing anything about them.

These marches, all over the world, are riddled from top to bottom with anti-semitism and Islamist sentiment.

Jewish people are not safe anywhere marches like this occur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Another stat relevant to the Irish state, given about 40% of Gazans are under 18, it leaves about 1.2 million adults, about 600k men roughly, out of that 600k, 3000 went on a raid in to Israel that would make pol pot blush, with the rape, and savagery involved and they was complete joy doing things as savage as it gets.

For the Irish State. That would be about 15k going on a suicide butchering mission.

Hamas enjoy very, very significant support.

went on a raid in to Israel that would make pol pot blush,

You're embarrassing yourself now.

Posts like this do nothing to refute the claim that Israeli's think they have a monopoly on suffering and persecution.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ehh you do know there were three wars, two of which were instigated by Israel's neighbours and the third was a preemtive attack by Israel because Egypt had told the UN force to leave, had closed the Straits of Tiran blocking Israeli shipping which they had said would be seen as an act of war.

And the map you show of the 1947 borders would have made it impossible for Israel to protect itself from attack from it's neighbours and to continue to exist.

Although maybe that is what a lot of people want, you know the old from the Jordan to the Sea brigade.

Something people putting up these maps always fail to mention is how West Bank was under Jordanian control and Gaza under Egyptian control until 1967.

What exactly did these fellow Arab states do to create a new Palestinian state ?

Fook all is the answer, yet they continually harp on about the plight of Palestinians under Israel.

They don't want them either, although they prove convenient for their leadership when their own countries come under scrutiny.

The Palestinian/Israeli conflict has always proven convenient for Arab and indeed non Arab muslim states.

I am surprised it didn't boil over the last few years to help keep the Clonskeagh Mulsim Brotherhood in power or take the heat off the Ayatollahs murdering women.

Hell it is now proving convenient for Russia.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So what you're saying is that israel bears no responsibility for it's actions since 1967 because of what arab countries did before then.

If you want people to say that pre 67 Jordan and egypt were wrong, then that's ok. I'm sure most here would agree with you. But I don't see how that excuses the last 50 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Speaking of Russia, do you support Ukraine's right to exist and to have their own State? Do you think Ireland should express support for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭circadian

Quite the leap you took there. They've put out who they're looking for information on and you just add completely unfounded claims that they're "frightened of Islamists" and that marches are "riddled from top to bottom with anti-semitism and Islamist sentiment" of which there is extremely little evidence.

Former IDF sniper says they were told to collect kneecaps from protesters

- Camille Paglia

Right, the Arab world is bullying Israel, and it keeps getting bigger and settling land with impunity, and it is backed by the US and Europe... And we're supposed to believe that it is its fear of absolute destruction, a threat to its very existence, that is driving it to wage war in the most callous and revolting manner possible.

I'm not buying it. No one outside of extremists believe that Israel is at risk of being overrun by the Middle East because of October 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭quokula

"One side started this war" by displacing the Palestinians from their land, murdering them on an industrial scale for decades, kidnapping them and imprisoning them without due process, curtailing their most basic rights. They aren't even trying to hide their genocidal intent, as they now murder children in their thousands, attack maternity wards, blow up hospitals, bomb refugee camps, drop white phosphorous on civilians etc. Only one side is mass murdering women and children and babies and then rolling out the "human shield" argument without any evidence as if that justifies the murder of babies even if it were true.

You've got this massively violent militarised state actively murdering thousands of civilians while their government ministers have openly used genocidal language, one of the most heavily armed in the world that also has a cache of nukes at its disposal that ministers have even talked about dropping on Palestinian civilians, an apartheid state that explicitly affords citizens different rights based on their ethnicity, yet it's the muslims who are unable to live peacefully with their neighbours. It's pure Islamophobia and racism plain and simple to try and maintain that point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭jmreire

Thats what I've found also in my travels. The vast majority of people that I've met their primary focus is the health and welfare of their families. And that alone is a daily struggle.

Advertisement