Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They don't like when you prove your claim. Can't take it in fact. It doesn't matter that you have proven it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

The words say it all really... But then perhaps the IDF really are just mafia.

One of the three alleged Hamas terrorists subject to an extrajudicial killing was paralysed from the waist down and had been receiving treatment in the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Wtf arent you understanding about this? Yeah this article makes the claim, but the link they provide to supposedly prove this claim says nothing of the sort. Why don't you watch it for yourself? She doesn't even talk to any of the soldiers in the clip, yet you are saying an IDF soldier said it so obviously you didn't watch it. It's a fact that not one person said 40 babies were beheaded. They said some were. It's a bullshit article from a biased website who don't want to accept that Hamas are evil cnuts who behead babies.

You haven't proven anything because the source you cited is making **** up. On the other hand, pathologists have confirmed that babies were found without heads so I'll believe that over some randomer on boards.

Of course I have proven it.

I told you I read it and you said it wasn't reported anywhere. I gave you the link and it was in black and white and it was also covered in the British newspapers. In black and white again.

I know the claim was not true but it was said by a IDF soldier to a journalist and the newspapers printed it.

'' On Sky News’ “press preview” on the evening of 10 October, the presenter emphasised that Sky had asked the IDF on three occasions to confirm those reports – each time with no success. She added that Sky’s chief correspondent on the ground, Stewart Ramsey, could not corroborate them either.

But the story had already made the front page of the majority of British newspapers.''

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Oh man, back to the babies claims.

I remember at the start of this thread people were using the claims of the 40 babies as justification for the heavy handed response Israel were conducting.

Those opposing the heavy response by Israel were claiming the 40 figure was not real, that the journalists had mentioned the figure 40 and the IDF never stated a figure.

Fast forward a few months and people seem to be arguing the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There is no military solution to this (stay tuned for a special mention of Michelle O'Neill)

Indeed. It was a lie with the purpose of creating a much heavier response against the Palestine people.

No hostages freed by Israel (one of their key objectives).

Hostage families continue their protests whilst the bombing and levelling of Gaza continues.

19,000 Palestinian women and children killed (known). Add at least another 5,000 for those shredded/vaporised by 2000lb dumb bombs or buried under tons of concrete.

IDF war crimes and genocide continues - sticking two fingers up to the ICJ and the ICC. I'm sure they are watching and are ready to receive all this new fresh evidence.

Netanyahu continues to lie and lie and lie while his settler mates continue their violence in the WB (aided by their IDF mates).

I wonder what the Israeli report to the ICJ will look like. I'd wager it'll be a dead cert for the Bialik Prize for fiction.

The justifications for all this continue. Pro Israelis will of course spot the Hamas reference below and milk it for all it's worth whilst ignoring everything else.

Haaretz updates:

GAZA: The Israeli army said IDF forces killed dozensof Hamas militants across the Gaza Strip over the last 24 hours, including around the Shati refugee camp in northern Gaza. The IDF also said it destroyed a tunnel shaft and a weapons storage facility in Khan Yunis.

The Hamas-controlled Gaza Health Ministry said at least 27,238 Palestinians have been killed and 66,452 wounded since the war began.

Medical sources cited by Reuters in Gaza reported that 14 Palestinians – including women and children – were killed in an Israeli airstrike in Rafah. Witnesses said four more were killed in Deir Al-Balah in central Gaza.

WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus wrote that he is "horrified" by reports on the killing of civilians in Gaza, including Palestinian Red Crescent staff, in the Al-Amal hospital compound.

The IDF's Arabic-language spokesman shared videos "taken in Khan Yunis in recent weeks" of Hamas militants preventing aid from reaching the Al-Amal Hospital area and "beating civilians waiting for it."

■ ISRAEL: Demonstrations calling for immediate elections are being held Saturday evening by the President's Residence in Jerusalem, in Haifa, near Netanyahu's home in Caesarea, at Habima Square and in Sarona in Tel Aviv.

The weekly rally for the release of the hostages will be held at the so-called Hostage Square in Tel Aviv.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I didn't say it wasn't reported anywhere. I said the IDF never said it was 40 babies, which is true. The reports erroneously conflated 2 seperate statements. Yet you want to use this as evidence that the IDF made up babies being beheaded, just because it wasn't exactly 40, when they never even said that in the first place.

Anyway, I don't really want to talk or think about those poor babies anymore.

Well I just told you what I read and gave you the details. The article said that the journalist was told by an IDF soldier. Took them a long time to deny the claim though.

• Advertisement

It certainly made people supporting the Israeli response feel a little better/easier with the massive loss of innocent lives in Gaza, now they are debating that it was a lie (the number 40), yet.... still supporting Israel.

Hospital get attacked, IDF claims there's a command center there, supporters support Israeli actions cause there's a tunnel. Proof comes months later the tunnel was a storage tank, same supporters bend over backwards trying to discredit the footage.

It's all those little things that add up, it's a stack of lies to justify a potential genocide unavailing in front of our eyes. All those little lies start falling down under scrutiny and time and yet people still try to justify it.

I'll be clear, there's no justification for the Hamas terror attacks and there's no justification for the inhumane Israeli disproportionate response.

Hamas are evil cnuts who behead babies.

And Israel, who has killed circa 24,000 women and children in 4 months?

Sniped nuns?

Bulldozed cemeteries?

Killed surrendering civilians?

Denied civilians basic humanitarian aid?

Allowed infants in an ICU to die then decompose?

Killed three hostages with white flags, stripped to the waist, SOS signs behind them, shouting in Hebrew?

Destroyed a university, schools and religious buildings?

Looted Palestinian homes and rifled through knicker drawers for the craic?

Anyway, I don't really want to talk or think about those poor babies anymore.

Good on you. Think about the 24,000 dead Palestinian women and children instead.

Just like the IDF "whacked" three of their own hostages?

I've a feeling if the IDF butchered a dozen Palestinian babies, the same people would bend over backwards to make up excuses. Probably the most likely was it was just individual soldiers and not the IDF as a collective. Well 30,000 Hamas terrorists didn't all behead the same baby.

But for **** a giggles:

Sniped nuns? - Stray bullets

Bulldozed cemeteries? - Searching for dead hostages or Hamas tunnels, what ever the focus group believes

Killed surrendering civilians? - Killing Hamas members you mean?

Denied civilians basic humanitarian aid? - That's not Israel, we only bomb the border crossing.

Allowed infants in an ICU to die then decompose?

Killed three hostages with white flags, stripped to the waist, SOS signs behind them, shouting in Hebrew? - Terrible tragedy that it became public

Destroyed a university, schools and religious buildings? - Hamas Tunnels

Looted Palestinian homes and rifled through knicker drawers for the craic? - Suspected tunnel entrance

There was a 7 minute video posted with all the innocent children's names and ages (I think it may have been you?)

But shockingly it took 40 seconds to get past the list of less than 1 year olds.

It must be so much easier to watch when people view them as collateral damage and not babies.

Sadly, those are justifications that have been used and will continue to be used.

Whenever the IDF are caught committing war crimes, the standard response is "we are investigating". I've yet to see the results of a single investigation.

I've learned a lot from the Russian justifications to be able to guess the Israeli ones.

I wonder how Israel will get scored on the report card from the ICJ after they submit their monthly review. Been plenty screaming for genocide in public, wonder will the ICJ ask if any has been arrested etc...

Another poster - very sobering video.

I actually do get the anger associated with Oct 7 and I agree fully that it was abhorrent and those responsible should be brought to justice and pay for their crimes.

But this retribution, this whirlwind of terror on Gaza with civilians paying the price is beyond comprehension. As is anyone who things it's ok and it's justified.

I just can't fathom the soul of someone who can just flippantly say "collateral damage".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Hamas appear to be rejecting this latest Israeli ceasefire offer.

They have rejected the ICJ that they release the kidnapped, they refuse.

We see they continue to rob, attack and kill people as they steal the aid coming in.

What choice have Israel left but to finish Hamas. The Palestinians need to join them in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 19,345 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The thing I find most astonishing is that, on an Irish message board, we have so many posters would - if they were born 100 years earlier - would have been cheering on the Black and Tans to commit even more atrocities and reprisals against innocent everyday Irish men and women.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

You do know that the Palestinians you wish to rise up against hamas are also being killed by Israel due to their inaccurate bombing. To expect them to rise up against Hamas in these circumstances is a bit farcical.

This is their opportunity to throw off their oppressors, Hamas deliberately out them in harm's way, deliberately launch attacks near crowded buildings, indiscriminately kill their own people.

The Israeli push into Rafah is going to be the most fraught with danger in this fight back. Hamas know that and they'll make their last stand their determined to take as many of their compatriots with them.

The Palestinians must value their own lives as much as others do theirs.

But the Israeli are killing indiscriminately in gaza as shown by the casualty figures of 10k killed. In that scenario any rebels are likely to be killed as much as Hamas are.

Can you post to a link to support your claim regarding hamas' last stand. I had read nothing online to suggest we are near the end of the operation

Well Khan Yunis is nearly freed and nearly everything North of it is as well. Bar a few hit and run incidents.

South of Khan Yunis is the small strip that is the Rafah administrative area, that is the only place that Hamas still control. The IDF are expected to start moving there in the next few weeks.

The intense combat phase of the fight back is nearly over because the Hamas controlled territory is so reduced.

Again you are making a claim but not posting links to support it No one else seems to be making the same claims as you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So they've told the Palestinians civilians to head south to these places because ot will be safe and now they're bombing those safe places? And I'm.sure when even.more innocent men, women and children are slaughtered you will all be making excuses for these deaths.

Advertisement