Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing filter from brake master cylinder

• 08-10-2023 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭doh777

Hello

I'm trying to remove a filter from a brake master cylinder on a 2008 Avensis to allow the fluid to be siphoned out.

I've used needle nose pliers and a small flat head screwdriver but to no avail. I'm just damaging it at this point.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

I don't even know why you would be doing that in the first place, pretty sure they aren't meant to be removed but the easiest way to get it out would be to remove the reservoir from the master cylinder to drain it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭mk7r

They just pop upwards, a pick is the ideal tool but they can get caught on the clips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭doh777

In answer to Leslie Eager Sheriff, I'm looking to replace the master cylinder. It should be easier I think without the fluid in it. I could be wrong.

Post edited by doh777 on

Advertisement