Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick car park scam?

Options
  • 09-10-2023 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I parked on Ellen St. car park last week. My boss also parked there in a few minutes later. His ticket looked nothing like the one I got. It was proper card, and looked like a real ticket. I got the one shown in the image. Is it a council operated site? I suspect somebody is running their own printer there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Deub

Where did you get your ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Looks like any of the scanned tickets many car parks use. What happened when you left the carpark?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭migrant

The ticket was issued by the bloke in the little hut/shed, I don't understand why my boss, or anyone else, should get a completely different kind of ticket 15 minutes later from the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

The ticket in the photo looks legitimate.

the barcode corresponds to the time stamp.

i think you are over thinking it here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭elperello

"Lost not compensation" doesn't make sense.

Just on the different tickets, maybe the card ones are a back up when the printer goes on the blink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Deub

You would need a second ticket like yours to compare the barcode (not the numbers under the barcode).

Advertisement