Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air Vents In Bedrooms

• 09-10-2023 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hello,

I looking at buying a house & viewed. I noticed that all bedrooms have a vent on the outside but there is no sign of any vent in any off the bedrooms on the inside. This is confusing me.

The vents on the outside are close to the top of the windows and clearly visible as vents and you can see the hole if you look up, but this hole is not going into the room as far as i can see. There is nothing on the inside walls near the windows where the hole should line up to??

Whats going on here does anyone know? I've emailed the estate agent as well to see if she has any idea on it, not sure if she will.

Could the outside vents be linked to the windows somehow, thats the only thing i cant think of.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The home owner has simply plugged the vents and filled over them Internally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭10-10-20

What year was the house built, OP? And were there any insulation improvements made within that you know of (or "recently renovated" in the sales pitch?)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

thanks but i moved on from the house, estate agent had no clue what i was on about, it was weird but im sure there is an explanation to it

Advertisement