Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying/Watching older finals/matches

• 09-10-2023 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭

My uncle asked me tonight if I would be able to get him a copy of last year's hurling final. Now matter what I ask Google, it just gives me year old replies on how to get tickets for the final... so I can't find anything.

Is there no dvd or anything like that? Say I wanted to watch the last 5 all ireland hurling finals, is my only option some poor quality youtube copy? Makes no sense if they're not selling them?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Unfortunately rights belong to whoever produced the broadcasts. So it’s up to RTE etc to make them available anywhere.

Same with any sport to be fair. Unless the broadcaster makes them available anywhere, you’re goosed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Madness imo. They'd sell like hotcakes every year. Imagine a "Hurling 2023" collection, all league and championship games in one collection. They'd be sold out every Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭thesultan

I'm amazed they dont do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Would they though really? I very rarely ever go back and watch full matches of any sport. I'd nearly rather a 90 minute highlights show or something rather than full matches. Looking at it from a fan's point-of-view anyway.

Now, for RTE or other to not do a 'Season In Review' show is fairly unacceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It totally would. Not necessarily by fans, but by relatives of them who have no idea what to get them. It would be like a new pair of socks or Lynx set every year at Christmas. Lost track of all the sport videos/dvds we got our father over the years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement