Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Port Tunnel "metered" this morning, due to congestion (2023-10-10)

• 10-10-2023 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭

Never seen this happen before.

I was on the Swords Express this morning for my commute into town, boarded the bus around 7:40am. Did the loop around Swords and got on to the motorway for around 8am. Arrived at port tunnel only to be met with a queue of vehicles waiting to use it. Like the lights were red and they were only letting X amount of vehicles in at a time.

Waited there for about 10/15 mins before we were allowed through. Never seen this before. Is the port tunnel now at capacity? Does this happen regularly? (I don't use the Swords express very often)

Note: There was a hell of a lot of private cars using the tunnel... €10 a shot 🤨

It took nearly 2 hours to commute from Swords to Harcourt Street this morning, I've never seen so much congestion on a clear day. I should have gotten off at the point, got the Red Line Luas and then changed to the Green line Luas.

Comments

Advertisement