Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin cables, external insulation

• 10-10-2023 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Planning on getting some external insulation done on my house. One issue the installer has raised is the Virgin cabling on the outside wall. House is a standard semi d in an estate. I currently have

an entry point low in a wall where the current Virgin cable for TV etc comes into the house. need to check but it's probably low enough now to be an issue

the cable that runs between house to house high up on the gable, again I don't see that being an issue providing the installer can work around it and he thinks he can

However, I also have some cables running down the side of the house and into a hole in the ground, I presume they are routing back to a Virgin cabinet somewhere on the road. I don't want to bury them under the insulation

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue in the past and do I need to get Virgin out to temporarily move them and then reinstall. Like everything with Virgin, I'm trying to avoid spending an hour on hold to talk to someone who won't have a clue what I am on about

Advertisement