Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace Wired HKC external siren backup battery

Options
  • 10-10-2023 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone advise on the battery I need to replace in a wired HKC external alarm box? If so where in the box is it located? Braved the ladder to look in but could not find where it is located. I have 2 boxes and both indicated a Coms error within 4 weeks of each other. Thanks in advance. S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

For them to be indicating a comms error they must be wire free bells.

Battery replacement is in the external bell itself, CR123 X 6, OR 12 if LEDs are on and alternating.

You should see the battery packs, main one is top right when you open bell, secondary is to the left of the bell itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Seán oha

Thanks Altor, unfortunately they are not wireless. I looked inside one and it does not have the battery boxes you describe, plus it has a cable going in at the back. Suppose there must be something more serious wrong with them if the battery in there is a backup and the leds are not working. Thanks again, I do appreciate your reply. S

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

You can power the wire free bells using a 12V supply.

Normally in this case a back up battery is used in the bell, or in power supply, inside the bell itself, its a 8.4V battery which would be plugged into the same port on the bell as the battery pack would be.

If you can provide a picture of the inside of the bells I will be able to help further.

Advertisement