Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport to the airport options

Options
  • 10-10-2023 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭

It's been a while since we've had a thread about this. I have an upcoming afternoon flight that I'd rather access via public transport of possible. Do I need to go all the way into the city centre to access a route out? Rome2Rio was suggesting the N4 bus to Whitehall but then has a 20 minute walk to connect to another bus and I'd prefer to avoid that if possible. Coming from Waterville.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

The N4 stops outside Whitehall church on the in-bound side of the road. The stop on the outbound side, going to the airport, is 20 yards away across the road never mind 20 mins.

You can see both in this view from Google maps. There's a pedestrian set of lights just past the stop on the right hand side to cross the road (you have to come back the way the bus has just come when you get off).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

If you are near the train line you could go to Drumcondra and then get a bus from right outside the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its beyond a joke that there isn't even so much as a peak-time bus service between Fingal County's first and second towns, ie Swords and Blanch, including a stop at the Airport.

Even in the Bus Connects review it hasn't been looked at.

The Councillors on Fingal CoCo have been lobbying for an extension to Route 197, which at the moment goes from Swords to Ashbourne, but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Thanks but as in my op, I'm in Waterville so train is 25 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

38/N4 to the nearest Castleknock station bus stop, Drumcondra station, onto a bus outside.

N4 to Whitehall and bus to airport.

Top option means more changes but * if * everything is on time and not much waiting you could do it in a decent time.

Bottom option, get stuck in the school run and/or driver change over at DCU then forget it.

But all of the above to just go from Blanch to the airport by public transport is aload of @#$&!/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

There is an hourly bus from Liffey Valley direct to the Airport. This wasn't an option for Blanch until recently, but the W4 bus is now one stop from Liffey Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

N4 to Finglas, N6 to Santry, 16/41 to Airport. Not great, but that's what we've got now.

Need to wait a few more years for the direct bus (N8?).

Advertisement