Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTEO / Job Activation

Options
  • 10-10-2023 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Does anyone know what happens if you take up the part-time education option (PTEO) while on Jobseekers Benefit? It looks like I'm going to be out of work in the new year and I was thinking about doing a part-time Springboard course to upskill into my next role.

I have a friend who has been passed from one community scheme and course to the next with no offer of employment at the end and has been hounded by Turas Nua. She should really be on disability but it has been denied twice.

Would I be exempt from activation schemes while on PTEO or would I have to also juggle some community work or whatever appointments they need me to go to?

Thanks in advance. Any insights appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm presuming you'll be applying for JSB first and then a PTEO. Almost immediately you'll likely be referred to the new Jobs activation program called pathways to work.

I'm doubting you'll avoid some level of engagement if you suceed in getting a place in part time education. I'm aware of people, once reffered and then getting onto a course both full and part time, still being required to engage with the Jobs activation program.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CosmicTurnip

Thanks for this insight. I figured that would be the case, and totally fine if it is. I wouldn't mind the extra assistance if the Pathways to Work is actually helpful. That would be great. More worried about getting cut off if things clash.

Advertisement