Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guarantee for originally purchased item being used for the replacement item

Options
  • 10-10-2023 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Good evening,

Quick question - I can't find an answer anywhere.

Fitness tracker A - purchased just over two years ago. Replaced with Fitness Tracker B due to fault (different model as original discontinued) within guarantee period.

Fitness Tracker B has now died 7 months after replacement (seems to be after an update - I'm not alone). Vendor/manufacturer refuses to replace as the guarantee terms come from the original item - now two years ago. Offered a discount for the same model instead.

Is this right - does anyone know? Surely a different product should have it's own guarantee period.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The warranty/guarantee is always from the 1st purchase. If you bought from an Irish seller then you have our consumer protection laws which are much better than any warranty or guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You get the guarantee on the replacement product if you pay for it.

A warranty replacement only brings you up to original warranty date.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HereinBray

Thanks very much folks - I guess I was hoping to avoid two different faulty products from the same company. Much appreciated.

Advertisement