Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vat Question

Options
  • 11-10-2023 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Im preparing to file my 2022 tax return and see I have gone slightly over 75K gross turnover in 2022. Im not VAT registered. Sales are down in 2023 so I defintely wont be over 75K this year. My question is how must I proceed now? Am I oblidged to register for vat, and retroactively pay and account for vat in my 2022 return?

Revenue give an example on their site of a reduction in the turnover figure by the amount of vat paid on stock purchased for resale. Does anyone have more info on this - can purchased stock incorporated into my final product be counted towards this or does it stricly mean items purchased and sold on exatly as they are ?

Thanks

Advertisement