Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole Trader to new Company setup

Options
  • 11-10-2023 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi there, I've been a Sole Trader for 11 years. I'm setting up a new venture with 2 separate businesses as online apparel stores. From research, the best approach seems to be to set up a limited company and register 2 business names under that company.

In terms of setting up for tax and VAT, is there anything stopping me from using my existing tax/VAT number and bringing it all under the one limited company - SAVING ME: 1. Time waiting to be set up for tax; 2. accountancy fees for having 2 separate tax set-ups?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Your sole trader tax reference number is your PPS.

When you form a company it gets its own tax registration number with Revenue, as it is a completely separate entity from you.

If you want a Ltd Co you cannot register it with Revenue under your own name/PPS

Advertisement