Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein RDS Arena 23rd June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Maybe because it seems the MP got caught with his hand in the "Till"

( I'll get me coat )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Nice, now I know I can expect some politics discussion before Abelard start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

cause most stadium acts use football stadiums in europe and the window to use football stadiums is late May - mid July as needs to be ready for new season in august.
    always means that stadium acts have about 6/7 week window that they concentrate on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I know that I'm not dumb.

How many of those shows I mentioned are in football stadia being used in July/August ?

None.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,399 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Que moving at the pop up store but still big enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

European tours have to be routed when football stadiums are free which is mainly June, the likes of pink ( using anfield this week and Ajax stadium after that and just used spurs stadium in London and pearl jam playing spurs stadium as well on this summer run means that June will always be overstuffed in europe.
    The geographical location of ireland means we are usually the start or end of European runs so we do get the odd august stadium show like ac/D.C. as that the end of europe for them.

Pop up store average at best

Some atmosphere around, great day for it

Prop is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The queues to the merchandising stand are ridiculous! Gave up queuing myself.

Ques que ques

Then trying to find gate in was an experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I'm about 3.5k from the RDS as the crow flies, facing north, away from the gig, and I can still hear the music and the bass/drums pumping through the apt!

Had other commitments so couldn't go, raging now!

Post edited by retalivity on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I’m in Clontarf and can hear it. That must be the loudest gig ever. Gutted I didnt go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

When did Rammstein become so tame? This is so dull. I saw them 22 times between 99 and 05 but tonight I realised that was their heyday. The music is still good but the pyro isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thats not necessarily a good thing, it might be too loud with too much bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,953 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

thought the loud music the last hour was the Stoneybatter festival just the street over from my house..

Stuck my head out the door and I can actually hear Tills voice. 6km away! Haha. That's unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Belter. The reason Eamon Ryan resigned was obvious tonight, the hure would have an aneurysm with the amount of smoke let into the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

savage gig by my god the amount of phones out was unreal. Any hint of any flames people had their phones out. Fella next to be must have recorded nearly every song and was blocking everyone's view behind him. Poxy. I was maybe halfway back from the front in the Fuerzone and the heat was unreal. Must have been very toasty up the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Highlighter75

Heard clearly across south County Dublin.

Amazing show and despite the ear plugs, my ears are ringing!!! At least we got a bit a darkness towards the end of the concert to see the pyrotechnics in all it's glory.

The paramedics had a really busy night!

Really thought we were in for a bad gig as we had the toerag that decided to stand in the seated area for the duration of the show and she completely blocked our view of the stage. Asking nicely for her to sit down got her boyfriend all hot and bothered.

Fortunately, after a couple of songs we got a tap on the shoulder to tell us that the two seats behind us were unoccupied and we moved back and could see perfectly. Those two women who invited us to move back are stars and we had a laugh with them voicing their opinion on the standing trollop. If by any chance they see this I would like to thank them for the millionth time as they saved our night!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jesus Christ on a bike...I am on the coach back now and am fcukin broken...

Some gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mobius2021

Pain in the hole dealing with that but glad you had a good night go on the Rammstein you whores!!!!!!

Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Amazingly poor for Rammstein. Worst gig I've seen them in after 25 times. It was still good but broad daylight just doesn't do them justice. Nor does half assed piano versions of their songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Better support would have been nice and yes it would’ve been nice for it to be darker but the latter is totally out of the bands control!

Really enjoyed it! Insane show but not sure if the RDS is the best venue for a big show like this. Place was bloody packed!

Queues for drink and merch were too long and for Dart too really.

Only up the road but would the Aviva be better suited? They’d have filled that too

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I enjoyed that….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Yes it's the second time you've mentioned it.

I thought they were brilliant. Excellent stage set up, brilliant pyrotechnics, great setlist and great weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭muzakfan

Just back home from it now. Great show, Rammstein sound amazing. Saw them last year in Berlin and the actually sounded so much better tonight tbh.

Agree about the support, should have a proper support act, most tickets were about €150. The two girls doing elevator type musak doesn't cut it.

Finally, I fuckin detest having to spend an hour plus trying to exit Dublin after EVERY single gig. Place is no way fit for hosting large events. Really puts a dampener on it, especially when you've a nearly two hour drive home after clearing the dump. 😂

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was a good setlist and I liked the fireworks, but my God the crowd were woeful back at the speakers in the standing area, constant f*cking yapping, I moved three times and it made no difference, why do these stupid c*nts pay through the nose to shout over a band, instead of just going to the pub, would have stayed at home if I knew it would be like that.

Also the amount of smoking and that disgusting vape sh1te, wish it was banned at outdoor concerts.

Post edited by Say Your Number on

Totally agree on the smoking and vaping! It was pretty bad in the Grandstand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

Last time I was at a good show like that in the RDS was Zoo TV in 1993

Advertisement