Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 23/24:season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

The playoffs haven’t been great bar a few series, not sure why, maybe because the likes of LeBron, Curry, KD etc dont have a contending team, it all seemed a bit flat.

Fair play to Boston, Iam not a fan but got to give them credit, I just feel like they are a bit meh, not a team people will be talking about in years to come, I know it’s a silly thing to say but I don’t think they are that good, they do have a solid roster but I would love to see them really tested

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

fair recollection !! what are you doing t here ? my sister had a job with VM ware out there

im sorry didnt get 33/1 on them

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

They'll have to win a few more to get talked about as a great team like previous Celtics teams and the Lakers teams, the late 80's early 90's Pistons and the Bulls 90's teams.

• Advertisement

All this talk about the Mavericks having found something is ridiculous.

The Celtics lost that game because they want to win it in Boston. It ends tonight and I'll predict it'll be a big, big win. 20+ point win tonight.

Champions!!! Hopefully the first of a few consecutive. I'm not confident they'll do it but there's a lot of hope. We thought last year was the start of a Nuggets run but this team is pretty incredible.

Tatum was great tonight, Brown had a great night too but Holiday was the best player on the floor even though the stats won't show that.

I predicted 20+ and it looked likely for a long way but when they knew they had it they slowed down in the last two minutes to win by 18.

Its mad when you think how Mazzulla got the head coaching job. You'd wonder would he have ever got the job if Udoke had got banned earlier than he did.

Jaylen Brown got the finals MVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I agree, I actually thought it was a little disrespectful my the Celtics to lose that game, they totally knew that they would close it out at home.

Not a massive Celtics fan but give credit where credit is due, they were by far the best team all year, they aren’t sexy but very solid, impressed by Brown, really stepped up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

glad they gave Brown the mvp - he deserved it.

Crazy shade given to mazzula since he got that job. Might get a bit of respect now, but probably not much

Front office deserve credit too. Trading smart away and getting holiday was key

The entire package of players and picks that the Celtics traded for Jrue Holiday, Derrick White and Kristaps Porzingis started a combined 59 NBA games this season. This is Steven’s title in many ways, although the coaching staff and players deserve massive credit for one of the better end to end years in NBA history.

My view is that their dominance this year has been incorrectly downplayed and under appreciated.

• Advertisement

Why are you including Derrick White? He's there two years.

Because he was a key starter acquired in trade.

I see why you're nitpicking though, given your dreadful assessment of the Celtics pre season above. Hopefully you have now purged that little part of you that wanted the Celtics to fail!

Do you think I care that I got it wrong? 😁

How about you look at your own posts and see how many times you got it wrong? You don't have to worry I'm not going to go back searching for something you got wrong. You know why? Because it's not important.

Its very childish of you to bring up an old post from a time when I was clearly upset about Marcus Smart being traded away. What do you think you are going to get from it, a bad reaction or something? 😭

White was there when we lost to the Heat last year. The additions of Porzingis and Holiday made the difference. Two great moves by Brad Stevens.

As you can see by my post after the game I'm looking forward not back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Celtics are worthy winners, steamrolled the competition really

clever trade!

Reddick new Lakers coach

3 follow up tweets from Woj regarding the trade and no mention yet of any draft compensation going to Chicago, they must be high on Giddey.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Absolutely sickened. Bulls fan since the 90's, AC was a breath of fresh air, absolute hustler that Bulls need so bad. Here's to another season of Zach throwing up bricks, Vooch staying out of the paint, Ball being absolutely dodgy and Demar trying to hold every game together with middy's. Sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I don't know, it's not like they're contenders right now and Giddey is a lot to get for him. One of them that's win win. He could turn into a game changer for them and Caruso will add to the Thunder.

is Giddey in the clear after his dalliance with that blond 15 year old ? She did look older , and he said she lied about her age, yet if it was a black basketball player i'm not so sure it would have all been forgiven and forgotten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Bulls are really aimless. Ball's dead knee has killed this era.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

That trade is horrific, I would have thought a first would have been thrown in. OKC must be finally ready to make a push. And about time.

As for JJ getting the Lakers job….the less said the better. Is he a Klutch client by any chance

A good reminder of how the Celtics built a juggernaut with championship equity for such a long period of time.

Having the courage to do the big deal again last summer and build on this platform deserves huge credit. Whether you are a Celtics fan or not, they have been incredibly well run for a long period of time at this point. Don’t forget the delicate handling of the coaching issue too. Kudos.

Wow that's a haul! Fair play to Brooklyn for holding out and getting a return like this.

Makes the Caruso return look all the worse imo

Huge haul and yet I still really like it for the Knicks. Be interesting to see what other moves they make.

If they re-sign OG (I have to assume they're confident in doing so) then that's one hell of an identity for this squad. Thibs is collecting players he can run for 48 minutes straight.

I'm pretty sure Hart averaged 49 minutes at one point during the playoffs.

Brunson, DiVincenzo, OG, Randle, Robinson - Hart, Bridges, Hartenstein......they are loaded now the battle for 6th man will be fierce haha.

I haven't reviewed the cap etc. but what's the chances of Randle being moved? Is there a realm of possibility PG13 can go there?

• Advertisement

I seen it mooted about PG but I'd assume the Bridges deal kills that off.

Supposedly they are considering dealing Robinson if they can get a good return.

Advertisement