Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Channels

Options
  • 11-10-2023 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi guys hoping i can get some help.

Turned on my sat box (revez) and it seems iv lost all my channels except the Irish channels. No idea why,tried re-tuning but im picking nothing up except no signal.

Had this before with maybe one or two channels and retuned no bother but not all my English channels,is this an outside issue?or is my box knackered(i doubt)ot my dish causing it(hope not as its a communal dish) thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What's the signal strength, have you checked the dish? Losing all channels would be an hardware problem with either the dish or the box

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭ddub11

Hi thanks for the reply,im not the best when it comes to things like this but from what i can see the signal strength is 10%.I guess thats pretty low?

So if thats the issue does that mean there is an issue with the dish?or something else ?was kinds hoping its not the dish as its a communal dish and not many people use it and getting the management company to get an engineer out to fix it will be a struggle.

Do you have more than one SAT input - have you tried connecting the cable to the other input? Could you even test the box with one of your neighbours and see if the signal is fine on their connection.

Could be a number of things but if connecting to a different input gives the same issue and/or the box works fine on a neighbours feed then its the communal part that likely has the issue. Maybe someone unplugged a cable somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

I lost all my channels 2 days ago as well.

When I scan I get the message "no channels" now.

Reset box, didn't help.

Gone through all the settings and I can't get any channels.

Edit: Signal strength has also dropped to 10%

Interesting......i was supposed to have a guy come out and have a look at mine but he hasnt turned up,if he does and figures it out ill let ye know.I have a gut feeling theres an issue with my communal sat dish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

There seems to be a few threads with people loosing channels.

I wonder if free to air has changed?

It seems odd that a few people have lost their channels recently.

Some people are loosing the V or/and H polarity.

I think it's more widespread than just an issue with some individuals hardware.

I'll be following the threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

10% is not good as its like dish moved Enigma2 boxes SNR at 87% and AGC at 64%

Check the sat bible for movement.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Had my guy out to check my set up and he said everything is fine but im still not getting a signal so hes pretty sure my issue is the communal dish in my complex.

On a side note this will be a major issue for me as i seem to be the only person who has spoken to the management company and they are not to keen in getting involved.

They seem to think as its not their responsibility(the dish)and that i should ring sky but im not a sky customer so they wont entertain me so im stuck between a rock and a hard place,ill get back to the management company and tell them i have a rite to use which ever provider i choose and if they dont get it repaired ill get a dish meself and stick it on my wall where all can see,i can see this dragging on.

Sorry im not to ggod at this kinda stuff but does that mean the sat dish will have to be realigned?just asking cause i have a communal dish and not possible for me to move anything,

Since Sky don't do communal installs then it is a property management issue - check your lease/contract for the apartment.

Did you check with your neighbours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Did the guy that came out not check the Dish? Would have confirmed whee the problem was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Check with all neighbours and have a list of say 6 channels that dont work for you , not into Communal installs as many may have other things involved.

Would a residential technician take on that feat?

Pretty sure we had sky out last time their was an issue i mean the idea was sky would look after the dish and from their point of view they would have people signing up for the sky package now that was afew year back and these days most people who have sky are on interenet tv so things have changed.

Put a notice on our Facebook page (neighbors)and got no reply so im guessing most poeple are on internet and a lot do have their own dishes.Iv contacted the management company and set the wheels in motion for them to get sky out so well see in the next few days.

He didnt check the dish as its not easy to get to (may need a hoist?crane)and if he was to go to those lenghts it would cost me an arm and a leg.I just got him out to check things from my end so when i speak to the management company their will be no doubts as to where the problem is(not my end of things).

A lot of hassle just to get a signal,the guy who came out to check my end of things didnt want to charge me but i gave him a score for coming out and he said he could put a dish on my balcony(hidden)for 130 euro and its something i may have to consider if the management compant dont get it sorted.

Advertisement