Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car rust products

• 11-10-2023 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Got rust on one old car and was wo dering if there is a really good product that works.

Have been using Krust from hammerite and it converts the rust to black but when primed and painted it bubbles out through the paintwork again in under a month

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mk7r

Jenolite is good but similar to krust. The big issue is you have to grind/wire brush the metal to physically remove all the rust and make the area shiny and then you can apply the liquid to kill any rust in little pores and pockets, its no good applying to a large area of rust and calling it a day as it bubbles back up in no time.

Good zinc primer then and a proper topcoat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭RINO87

If its only surface rust I have found Lanoguard quite good. Have it all over the underneath of my 92 T4, easy to apply and doing a great job!! No good on areas that can be seen tho as it sets waxy and you can't put anything on top of it.

For the areas that were a little bit crustier I wire-wheeled and applied FE-123 rustbuster converter before the lanoguard.

The FE 123 Seems to be good stuff - to test it I put some on an iron post of the shed that faces the worst of the weather last winter, it had lots of surface rust on it before I applied. You are supposed to prime and paint over the Rustbuster but I didn't on the Iron Post, nearly a year later its still solid as a rock with nothing bubbling thru.

Advertisement