Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KIA EV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭zx80

Disappointing that GT Line-S is not going to be available, so no 360 camera, digital key, HUD, ventilated seats or premium sound system. Currently have 360 cam, premium Sound and HUD and would miss them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think they are quite good looking. I already own one of the most "marmite" EVs on the road in the Kia Soul anyway so I am obviously still in the target market.

These will sell very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes it's very poor and very strange from KIA spec wise.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rdewit83

Digital key & HUD are there on the GT Line trim (I think the digital key is on all the trims tbh?), but yes, shame about the 360 cam and the better speakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭zx80

Hmmm, a look at the Configurator shows HUD and digital key are available on the GT Line. Will miss the 360 camera though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Mad_Lad

It's all about the tech now and making a taller car with body kit to call it SUV and charge a lot more for which is essentially an eco box.

Most people only care about all the tech now not how the car looks or how it drives and are happy with an appliance like experience for big money !

It's the same with many motorbike designers making nothing but sport bike and sport tourer with more and more tech and big TFT screens with Android auto and Apple Car play, yeah you read that right on a motorbike ! Thankfully though there are still the likes of Royal Enfield and Triumph making good looking bikes with little to no tech apart from ABS because most people just want to ride and not be looking down at screens, on a bike, bad idea !

The likes of Honda are asleep at the wheel when it comes to bike design with the exception of the Cub 125 which , not many people know, but is the biggest selling vehicle in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭zg3409

***Press Release*** Kia Ireland announce EV3 pricing

The Kia EV3 will arrive in Ireland next month with prices starting from €36,790

Available in three trims including Earth 2, Earth 3 and GT-Line

Featuring an 81.4kWh battery and AER range of up 605km; Earth 2 models also come with a 58.3kWh battery choice

Breakthrough in thermal management technology gives EV3 battery efficiency and charging time edge over rivals, even in harsh conditions

EV3 will be available with 0% finance for 251, starting from €186 per month

October 8th, 2024 – Kia has today revealed full pricing and specification for the eagerly anticipated EV3, the company’s dedicated compact EV SUV. With its combination of bold design, innovative technology, and groundbreaking features the EV3 sets a new standard in the compact EV SUV sector. Drawing on Kia’s advanced technology and customer-focused values of the brand’s larger, multi-award-winning EV9, the EV3 offers a unique, immersive experience and enhances customers’ expectations of what is possible in the segment. The EV3 will arrive in Ireland this November with prices starting from €36,790. EV3 will be available in three trims including Earth 2, Earth 3 and GT-line. Featuring an 81.4kWh battery and AER range of up 605km; Earth 2 models also come with a 58.3kWh battery choice featuring an AER range of 436km. The EV3’s battery is also equipped with a liquid cooling system, which is used during charging to optimise battery thermal management and enhance charging speeds enabling charging from 10 to 80 percent capacity in 29 minutes. EV3 will be available with 0% finance for 251 and is available from a monthly price of just €186 per month.

The Earth 2 trim is available from €36,790 with the 58.3kwh battery, or €40,350 with 81.4 kWh battery and standard specification includes 17” alloy wheels, dual 12.3” display screens, LED headlights, Heated front seats & steering wheel, Wireless phone charging and android auto/ apple car play. Earth 3 is available exclusively with the 81.4kwh battery from €42,840 and features include 19” alloy wheels, Vegan leather seats, Power adjustable front seats and blind-spot collision avoidance. The range topping GT-line is available from €47,190 and adds GT-line styling, Vehicle-2-Load capabilities, Power adjustable sunroof and a Smart power tailgate.

Speaking today, Managing Director of Kia Ireland Ronan Flood commented ““The EV3 features groundbreaking design and an industry-leading electric drivetrain. Coupled with its overall practicality and class leading interior spaciousness, we expect strong sales volumes for EV3 in 251. I would encourage anyone in the market for an EV to take a test drive in this car when it arrives in dealerships next month.”

Full pricing for the Kia EV3 is as follows;

Earth 2 58.3 kWh 436KM €36,790

Earth 2 81.4kWh 605km €40,350

Earth 3 81.4kWh 560km €42,840

GT Line 81.4kWh 560km €47,190

Kia Ireland will offer the EV3 in seven body colors – Clear white, Snow white metallic, Ivory silver, Shale grey, Frost blue, Black pearl and Aventurine green which is exclusive to the new EV3.

Wow those are such attractive prices lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Is that 1 litre you're driving not the guts of 30k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Yes but the handling etc etc

And the rapid 0-100 of over 11 seconds.

I paid 20 K 2nd hand 26,000 Kms 2020.

Rapid off the line no but I don't really care because it's fast enough for Irish roads with decent torque for a 1.0L 3 Cyl with 120 Hp, it's a lot more engaging than any EV and all that torque in a straight line gets boring after a while. I'm actually very happy with it. That's all that matters in the end.

besides, now I have my A license I'm having a lot more fun than any car, I'll be spending as little as possible on cars going forward, too expensive and the tax is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

we have a ceed sw and a tiguan guess what goes camping, not the suv, estate has a lot more usable space.

Yeah, estates and minivans were far more practical.

yes, 1.0l 3 cyl 120 Hp, decent torque from it without having to rev the balls out of it.

I got a 2020 for 19,500 Euro's, 26,000 Kms be a long time before I waste 30+ k for a car again of any description.

Says the lad who had to get his hands on an ID3 the moment they came out…..

Can we keep this thread on topic please instead of having a discussion about the pros and cons of a 1 litre, 120hp Kia Ceed or how buying a second hand car is cheaper than buying new? I am sure there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be had… or perhaps even start one of your own.

Anyway, moving back to topic:

Plenty of people will buy an EV3 because they either like it, want it, or can afford to as they feel it is a good deal. Personally, I am going to be in the market for a new EV next year and I am seriously considering this, the new Skoda EV or a new Kona. A higher driving position and easy access for passengers is high on my list as I have those particular needs for me and my family so an "SUV", crossover or jacked up hatchback (whatever you want to call it) will fit the bill nicely.

The price for this vehicle is pretty much in line with everything else and looks to be a reasonably sized car for the money. It is not an econobox or a supermini on steroids either. Besides, almost every car out there suitable for a small family is over the 30k mark with some decent spec these days.

• Advertisement

Remember, no back seat modding, cheeky !

Good deal me arse 35 K basic for a eco box ?

Yeah says the lad, f1cking fools and their money easy parted, the id3 was a huge mistake, thankfully I got out under the half rule. I learned my lesson ! lol

Don't care about the spec, people want cheap cars without the range restriction and charging nonsense, if they had more cars like the Rex a lot more would buy them if the cost was right.

Anyway, if you want to keep believing the Kona or Skoda are not ecobox just because of the seriously inflated prices then more power to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

Yes, got the Leaf in 2015, then I3 Rex and big mistake was the id3 which I gave back to VW finance end of April 2024.

If the Rex had to have proper doors I would have kept it, it was night and day vs having to queue up at charge points, I mean, I could if I wanted, that's the best thing with such a system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭podge3

Looks like the 19" wheels on the EV3 reduce the max range by about 40km. 17" only available on base model.

We'll agree to disagree. My feeling on a good deal is clearly different to yours, so let's leave it at that 😁

0% finance on this EV3 will make it an attractive proposition for a lot of people, so prepare to see a few of these on the road soon.

• Advertisement

0% finance up to the eyes in debt for an expensive gadget which is what it is in reality add to that it's an eyesore inside and out but each to their own.

Zero percent PCP can be a great deal, why would it mean you're up to your eyes in debt???

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭DrPsychia

mad_lad lost a lot of money on his ID3 purchase. I believe he paid 41k back in 2021, and was offered low 20's earlier this year. He said he handed it back to VW finance, so he used PCP. He lost any equity he would have had in his car if he just paid off his balloon payment. I'm not going to judge him because circumstances can change, and markets change.

Correct. Plus if you already have the money saved, you can just kick the can down the road with very low monthly payments while the balloon payment and balance of the monthly payments are getting a few % interest in your bank account.

Ms

Good luck getting any interest in any bank in this Country.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Many banks now offer 2% to 3% savings accounts. Fintechs offer even more, if you are willing to risk it.

PCP is just a way of getting people to fork out cash for a car with the temptation of buying a much more expensive car because the monthly payments are lower, often much lower, the reason being you pay the calculated depreciation + interest of the car based on your calculated mileage estimate for 3 years driving. Often the dealer puts you down for doing way lower mileage to make the monthly payments lower but the result of this is a lot higher balloon at the end and if you go way over your mileage and hand the car back after the 3 years they will charge you something like 8 cent per Km over.

At the end of the day the big balloon payment comes back to bite, you won't really save money buying any new car be it EV or ICE.

The real reason I handed back the ID3 to VW finance, from the horses mouth, not some gobshyte here who hasn't a clue was because I wanted rid of the id3 due to various issues and so much of the cars functions being done through a touch screen in menus where I now have traditional controls to do all that myself without all the distractions and software issues.

I could return the car under the half rule which doesn't effect your credit history, this applies to Hire Purchase or PCP, so rather than pay the full price of the car I gave it back before I wasted 20 more K on the car. + the usual EV issues, charging, range, charge times that people here say is not an issue, believe me, after 10 years driving EV I no longer wished to put myself through that shyte.

The reason I handed the car back is because no car dealer wanted it as trade in and I wasn't willing to spend stupid money again on an over priced eco box electric car, once the novelty wears off a you think how much money you wasted you realise that that's all they are is over priced eco boxes.

I wasn't offered 20K for it either, I was offered between 11 and 15 K after 2.5 years old.

Don't be the fool I was and go on PCP or pay so much for an eco box whether EV or ICE. Save your money because EV will not save you money. And don't let 0% PCP fool you either, just buy a cheap car 15K or less in decent nick and spend the rest on holidays or whatever, anything is better than spending money on new cars and have thousands of that go to the Government in tax, F1ck that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭Firblog

"The Kia EV3 will arrive in Ireland next month with prices starting from €36,790"

Isn't this just nonsense? No matter which colour you choose you're going to be paying another €600, so prices starting @ €37,390 surely?

Yeah, we've more than enough money to do a zero PCP on a big **** off EV and cover the balloon with annual bonuses that mature every 3 years, so it works for us. Still take those holidays though, you're right about that.

Buy a car with cash and no PCP then I'll be impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭DrPsychia

You had a unfortunate experience with your ID3 but it appears that you're vehemently against EVs, previously calling EV enthusiasts 'pro liberal earth huggers' or something along those lines. EVs are cheap to run and can be fun to drive. I've saved thousands in fuel compared to a similar new ICE. I don't really care about depreciation. Whether ICE or EV nobody really knows until it comes to trade in. I always take 50% as the minimum depreciation curve after 3 years.

Personally I'd rather buy a new ID3 GTX plus than a new Golf GTI/R, and save up to 20k in the process. Others may not share the same opinion as me but theres nothing wrong with that.

Buying a new car for with cash only is not a good financial decision if finance rates are near 0% while deposit rates are 2-3-4%. If someone wants to buy a new car, and they can comfortably afford it then fair play to them.

A few months ago you said you were offered low 20s for your ID3 from VW dealers, and between something like 12-15k from non main dealers.

EV's cheap to run but expensive to buy with high depreciation, you save nothing. Don't be fooled.

I'd say the vast majority of EV drivers out there now think they're saving the earth, that is really sad to buy a car based on wanting to save the planet, it's not going to have any positive impact, on local emissions sure but the issue I have is what happens before the battery even gets manufactured, once it's not on our doorstep it's fine.

Buying any new car really makes no financial sense if you can't afford the 15-20 K car on the lot then getting into dept for a 30-50 K car is nuts. There are plenty of good condition 2nd hand cars out there that will drive for many years to come with proper maintenance.

The id3 interior is pretty bad and I always said it , it's definitely not worth such money.

I wouldn't buy a GTI either, the tax on it is pure thievery. what I have now makes more financial sense but I found quite a good car for my sister for 10 K and when I think of it that would have been perfect for me now !

PHEV would have been the better route for me but there's nothing like the Rex.

I was offered low 20s if I had traded the id3 earlier than I did when I enquired last year, when I actually wanted rid of it VW in Carlow were not interested in taking it, their exact words were they had too many they can't sell. If I had wanted a brand new one I'm sure they would have taken it and but I was still better off handing it back to VW finance.

A car to me now is just a means to get me from A to B and to be honest I ride the bike more now anyway which is one reason I wish I had spend no more than 10 K on a car this time. I'm going cheap on cars from now on and less tax for the Government to rob makes me feel good too.

Good for you, cycling is always the better option for the planet, hope you enjoy your next car whatever it will be.

So back on topic: is there an update yet on when the EV3 is available to test drive here in Ireland? Would love to have a closer look at one and see what's actually included and what isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Redfox25

You got a Rexcycle so? Seeing as you are always banging on about Rex this Rex that. Not sure why your telling folks in the EV3 thread though.

On the EV3, it looks ok, would be a good seller if they trimmed the prices a bit and offered 0% interest on them for more than the launch cycle of a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭ffocused

EV3 will be at the NEVO show in RDS next month, so I assume dealers will have demo models around the same time.

Did exactly that with my current EV, and will likely do the same with the next one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Interesting how the ID3 has 1cm more ground clearance and 2% more interior space. Shows how efficient the packaging is.

• Advertisement

If I wanted to impress you, I'd have bought a Kia Cee'd 😂

It was a rhetorical question, but thanks for the explainer……again

Ms

You are better just to put Mad_lad on your ignore list.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I think I saw on Facebook somewhere that Stuart's in Tallaght have one in next week, Monday and Tuesday.

Edit: Looks like it's there already!

https://www.facebook.com/share/5kvaRC7WMv42yPpr/

awesome, thanks for that!

Just looking at the pictures there it does seem like that spec has the ventilated, memory & relaxation seats, as well as cameras on the mirrors (so I guess surround / 360 view should be on there?).

• Advertisement

Starting from €37790 according to the post. I wonder where the extra 1k over the advertised KIA price is going….

MSL is adding another 1950 euro to the BYD Seal under "delivery charges", so at least it's less than them I guess?

They might be the ventilated seat type but does not necessarily mean that the function is there. They will definitely be heated though. I would have to get a look at it to see if the ventilated button is on the centre console along with the heated seat controls.

Stuarts is my local KIA dealer so I might be able to visit them tomorrow and see if they still have it in the showroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭ffocused

you can see the ventilated seat button on the drivers door here from their pics. So either their demo model is not Irish spec and could be one of the fully loaded prototypes that may have come over from UK, or GT Line spec is not complete on kia.ie which is likely due to no mention of heat pump on this trim level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement