Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes Stores Delivery

• 12-10-2023 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

A quick question on Dunnes delivery that someone may already figured out. We currently live just inside an eircode area that Dunnes do not deliver to (or to put it another way just outside an eircode area they do deliver to). On a daily basis Dunnes Vans pass the door of the house to deliver groceries to other properties further along the delivery route (upto 20-25km further). Because of this policy about 1km further along the road there is a group of 8 houses at opposite sides of the road. Dunnes will deliver to the houses on the left of the road but not to those on the right of the road.

I have contacted their customer service but all i get is a canned answer of we don't deliver to that eircode area and have no plans to do so. Does anyone know a contact number/way to escalate this where I can speak with someone who has some common sense and doesn't just throw out the party line.

I could arrange for delivery to one of the houses in the eircode that they do deliver to and collect it their but that would require the Dunnes van to pass my house to deliver the groceries, me to travel the 1km/2km to collect the groceries, and then both me and the van to turn around and drive to and past my house again.

For reference we live about 23km from 2 Dunnes Stores that do deliveries and both will deliver to North Kerry (70km away) and North Clare (60km away).

Does anybody have any other possible solution...

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement