Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agents, why are new builds advertised for one price and sold at another.

Options
  • 12-10-2023 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Housing estate for example, all go on sale in the same day. One half of a semi d goes for 638k but the other half if the semi d is sold at list price of 725k. Why the difference? Ive noticed it a few times

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would they be going to social housing where no VAT (13.5%) would be charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Are the houses different, if you look at the brochure often there will be 2/3 styles of each bedroom house. So the square footage may be more, the garden size bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

Oh that social housing could be the ticket. Thanks. Gardens are post stamp size so I doubt thats the reason. Same house type, they are two attached semi d's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I have seen one instance where building costs increased, so early bird buyer paid one price, while later buyers pay more.

This is likely a social housing thing.

Ok but all houses were launched on same day so you think social get pre allocated? Why would it even go through property price register if the developer contributes the house as opposed to selling it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Social housing is designated as part of planning permission, and I presume all property transactions are recorded on the PPR.

Thats interesting. I thought the houses were donated as the developers allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zelaouz

Depends on the finish. Some buyers add in extras when buying off plans eg. Kitchen island, foundations for shed, electricity to outdoor shed etc. That can also give to apparently identical houses different final sale prices on PPR.

Advertisement