Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New mobile plan advice needed!

Options
  • 12-10-2023 7:23pm

I'm with Three. Only because if I topped up by €20 it would activate the offer for one month and let me keep the credit. Then I could buy a €5 data addon the each month out of the €20. So I got five months out of the €20!!

They've changed all that and I'm wondering could someone point me in the direction of a network doing something similar so I could port to them?

I'm a very meagre phone user as you might have already guessed!

(Hope I'm posting in the right section).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

IF you still have "old fashion" three card - keep it alive. Three still keep 20 credit after 28d on those unless you were persuaded to "upgrade" to get 5G enabled or other BS reasons

I do not know any other plan or provider that would allow to keep credits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

AFAIK those Three €5 add ons were 500MB.

Vodafone PAYG have 5GB for €5 for 28 days. There's also an option with Vodafone PAYG to use data as needed by adding credit and paying 0.216 cent per MB (450MB for €1). It's on their 'Advantage Plus 3' tariff that's part of the 'Data Unlimited 5G' plan.

The option to pay per MB is better value for usage less than 2GB per 28 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭lordsheepface

try tesco mobile "prepay 15" plan. this gives you 15gig date for 15eur pm.

you can then buy 3x 1gig data addons for the next 3 months at 5eur each

so for 15 quid you get 4 months data with 15gig in the first month and 1gig in each of month 2/3/4.

or lyca

they have a plan for 21eur which gives you 5gig data that lasts 3 months

works out at 7eur per month

just 2 that spring to mind

Advertisement