Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loss of 28.2E Astra channels on "V" transponders

• 12-10-2023 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I recently lost about half the 28.2E channels I had on my Formuler F1 (Enigma2) box. I'm trying to figure out what the problem is (wiring, F1 box, satellite).

I noticed today that the ones I have lost are all on the "V" transponder (e.g. UTV HD at 11068 V 23000 3/4) and with the signal finder, all but one of the "H" test transponders find a signal but none of the "V" transponders do.

I can't find anything online that explains what the significance of the V/H but I immediately think it's something like vertical and horizontal so relates to the orientation of the signal. Therefore, if I suddenly lost one or the other, the dish has got a whack, like during the storm a few weeks ago?

Any help/explanation gratefully received!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Satellite tuners send a control voltage of 13V for vertical and 18V for horizontal up to the LNB. Most likely in your case it is the LNB that has a fault. If you had access to a volt meter you could check the output of your box to see if it is sending the correct voltage as required. Another option would be to borrow a known good box from someone to confirm if it is the LNB or a problem with your box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chulann

Thanks Gerry, much appreciated. I'm guessing it's a matter of disconnecting a coax, put the box in signal finder on a V/H transponder and measure the voltage between the pin and sleeve on the coax connector at the back of the box?

On the basis that I've lost all the "V" transponders on both tuners, my suspicion is a fault with the LNB rather than the box, but worth verifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I agree with Gerry, its most likely an LNB fault

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement